Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Topic locked

Re: The all inclusive video game thread

Thu April 19, 2018 1:09 am

Just give it a chance. This is America goddamn it. Freedom to post for all.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:11 am

I would like to propose an alternate solution: revoke tree's thread-making privileges

Thu April 19, 2018 1:17 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I would like to propose an alternate solution: revoke tree's thread-making privileges

I don't know if that's such a good idea... I make pretty good threads...

Thu April 19, 2018 1:26 am

If the Hall of Fame voting was still going on I'd rescind my Ruddo vote.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:31 am

BurtReynolds wrote:If the Hall of Fame voting was still going on I'd rescind my Ruddo vote.

Same. And I would keep my vote for Sarge, depending on what happens here, and feel more confident in my choice to never vote for LV in anything positive.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:44 am

BurtReynolds wrote:If the Hall of Fame voting was still going on I'd rescind my Ruddo vote.

I'd like to rescind my order for Scurry 2

Thu April 19, 2018 1:44 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'd like to rescind my order for Scurry 2

you wouldn't!

Thu April 19, 2018 1:46 am

tree_ wrote:

Same. And I would keep my vote for Sarge, depending on what happens here, and feel more confident in my choice to never vote for LV in anything positive.

So, you'd be voting based on who does you favors, not who has to make tough choices for the greater good? Gotcha. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about you

Thu April 19, 2018 1:48 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tree_ wrote:

So, you'd be voting based on who does you favors, not who has to make tough choices for the greater good? Gotcha. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about you

Ruddo, you'd do the same if you were in my boat. He sent me nudes of his wife.

I'm his bitch now.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:50 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Your idea of greater good is certainly worthy of far greater scrutiny, good sir.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:52 am

Putting it to public vote will put this to rest.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:57 am

Actually, I vote to let tree do it his way.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:58 am

And this isn't about doing me favors, it's about what's right.

Thu April 19, 2018 2:00 am

Yep, you're right

Thu April 19, 2018 2:02 am

Ruddo, I have a vote thread ready to go pending your blessing.

Thu April 19, 2018 2:06 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Ruddo, I have a vote thread ready to go pending your blessing.

I say forego it and let them do whatever they want. But if a poll is better, go for it. I'm not even the A&E mod, am I?

Thu April 19, 2018 2:08 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Ruddo, I have a vote thread ready to go pending your blessing.

I say forego it and let them do whatever they want. But if a poll is better, go for it. I'm not even the A&E mod, am I?

We don't have an A&E mod. It's like Lord of the Flies here.

Man, I've just noticed your LG Fiesta has a 4,500 mAh battery. Holy fuck, how long does that last for?

Thu April 19, 2018 2:17 am

Vote now for change: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11566

Thu April 19, 2018 2:22 am

My work here is done.

Thu April 19, 2018 3:58 am

I'd have to disagree completely about the direction of gaming. More and more I'm finding games that are getting rid of some of the more tedious aspects of gaming and leaving room for pure fun. Things like turning loot into money immediately (thank you Dishonored) and other mechanics. I've finally fallen in love with stealth games over the last five years because they've gotten more and more immersive until you really feel like you're hiding/infiltrating real spaces with real stakes. I also feel like more developers are paying attention to tone and delivering emotions through games that might be unpleasant or controversial, like Inside's incredible depiction of loneliness, fear and unease.

I still find that there are crappy games that don't hold my attention or are just lame, but the ones that grab me these days really, really grab me.
Topic locked