Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Topic locked

Re: The all inclusive video game thread

Mon February 12, 2018 3:16 pm

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:Enjoying monster hunter so far. It has a good feel to it. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is out tomorrow. It looks like it will either be a epic experience or a incredibly dull time suck of a game that will take up all of your hard-drive space.

Do you need other people to play with to get the best gameplay experience?

Good question. I think monster hunter is more of a multiplayer game. Single player is a bit linear but multiplayer allows you to drop in on a bunch of different quest that other people are on to help them out and you can post quest that you need help on. The experience is more dynamic with more players as well.

Would you describe the community as friendly/cooperative?

Mon February 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:Enjoying monster hunter so far. It has a good feel to it. Doesn't take itself too seriously.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is out tomorrow. It looks like it will either be a epic experience or a incredibly dull time suck of a game that will take up all of your hard-drive space.

Good question. I think monster hunter is more of a multiplayer game. Single player is a bit linear but multiplayer allows you to drop in on a bunch of different quest that other people are on to help them out and you can post quest that you need help on. The experience is more dynamic with more players as well.

I haven't experienced any bad apples yet. Everyone 'seems' friendly so far but assholes are everywhere online.

Mon February 12, 2018 3:29 pm

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I haven't experienced any bad apples yet. Everyone 'seems' friendly so far but assholes are everywhere online.

True. It probably helps players aren't competing against one another. I'm just not sure the style of game is for me, but the buzz has definitely piqued my curiosity.

Mon February 12, 2018 5:17 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Is the island a character?

The island isn't not a character, if that helps.

Tue February 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Celeste and Horizon: The Frozen Wilds makes such a great 1-2 punch right now.

Fri February 16, 2018 7:00 am

The PS4 version of Shadow of the Colossus that just came out, check it out. Amazing game.

Fri February 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Mario Odyssey: Have one more Koopa race and the fucking hard bounding race in Snow Kingdom and then I have all of the moons and can do the alternate Bowser fight. These two races are pissing me off though. And the fucking 100 volley thing made me almost quit the game.

Fri February 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:The PS4 version of Shadow of the Colossus that just came out, check it out. Amazing game.

One of the greatest games of all time. The remake looks promising.

Sat February 17, 2018 12:16 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Mario Odyssey: Have one more Koopa race and the fucking hard bounding race in Snow Kingdom and then I have all of the moons and can do the alternate Bowser fight. These two races are pissing me off though. And the fucking 100 volley thing made me almost quit the game.

I decided against going after the jump roping and beach ball moons. I don't regret it.

Sat February 17, 2018 1:05 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Mario Odyssey: Have one more Koopa race and the fucking hard bounding race in Snow Kingdom and then I have all of the moons and can do the alternate Bowser fight. These two races are pissing me off though. And the fucking 100 volley thing made me almost quit the game.

I decided against going after the jump roping and beach ball moons. I don't regret it.

Do the jump rope with the scooter, super easy. The volleyball go into two player mode, throw Cappy, move Mario out and use Cappy. He's easier to maneuver in the sand. I want the golden sail and final Bowser fight, so I need this.

Sat February 17, 2018 1:13 am

Just stand in the center and throw Cappy. I think I got to almost 500.

Sat February 17, 2018 1:15 am

And seriously, using the scooter for the jump rope makes it super easy

Sat February 17, 2018 2:34 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:And seriously, using the scooter for the jump rope makes it super easy

I need to try both with an actual controller instead of in portable mode.
Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Fri February 23, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat February 17, 2018 6:39 pm

I thought tapping the button as gently as possible was the key to jump rope.

Sat February 17, 2018 7:02 pm

So the gals on the Coral Sword Twitch channel have been playing Overcooked lately on Switch and I’ve got to admit...it looks awesome.

Sat February 17, 2018 8:25 pm

CopperTom wrote:I thought tapping the button as gently as possible was the key to jump rope.

With the moped you hop consistently every time. Much easier than just using Mario

Sat February 17, 2018 8:29 pm

washing machine wrote:So the gals on the Coral Sword Twitch channel have been playing Overcooked lately on Switch and I’ve got to admit...it looks awesome.

Overcooked is a ton of fun when playing co-op.

Sun February 18, 2018 9:00 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:So the gals on the Coral Sword Twitch channel have been playing Overcooked lately on Switch and I’ve got to admit...it looks awesome.

Overcooked is a ton of fun when playing co-op.

I’m waiting for them to challenge some local chefs or bartenders. Could be fun tv.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Remaster of Burnout Paradise is coming. No mention of Switch release though...

https://kotaku.com/1823159406

Tue February 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Welcome back to Paradise City! Make action your middle name as you rule the streets in Burnout Paradise Remastered!

Discover More: http://x.ea.com/45422

Tear it up in the ultimate driving playground, from hectic downtown avenues to
the wild mountain roads. Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever!

This remaster includes all DLC from the Year of Paradise, including the Big Surf Island update,
meticulously recreated and ready to wreck in 4K on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Subscribe for upcoming Burnout Paradise Gameplay and Trailers: http://bit.ly/2ENLCHH

Burnout Paradise Remastered will be releasing on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

EA Access members can start racing early on March 9 with the Play First Trial for 10 hours of unrestricted gameplay. https://www.ea.com/ea-access/landing-...

Release Date: March 16th, 2018

PC version, coming soon.
Bah! at least it comes with all of the DLC, that's cool.

Topic locked