Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Topic locked

Re: The all inclusive video game thread

Mon December 04, 2017 5:30 pm

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Been playing The Last Guardian. Control issues aside, I'm really enjoying it.

New update to Battlefront 2 coming soon to address the player progression/credits issues. That along with The Last Jedi content dropping this month is very good news.

Honestly, my only real issue with progression now is that it is boring. If you only play one or two classes, it's pretty easy to get enough crafting parts to buy and upgrade the cards you want to use, at least until you get to the top tier, and i'm not far enough along for those ones yet. There is no sense of reward for getting any of these cards and perks. At least with the old Hutt contract system you had to play different weapons and things to earn new stuff, so it forced you to play outside your comfort zone to earn new equipment and weapons. The only thing that takes any real effort for the reward is earning new weapons and mods by playing as that class and getting kills.

That said, the core game is still fun. I need to start playing the star fighter mode but i really suck at anything in a ship so i've been avoiding it.

Yes, the core game is very fun. I'm really loving the variety of power ups from the different trilogies.

Tue December 05, 2017 6:01 pm

I just saw a trailer for Far Cry 5. Holy shit.

What do you guys think of this franchise?

Tue December 05, 2017 11:30 pm

So Apparently in heroes vs villains (my sons favorite mode and the fastest way to get xp) since it autoselects characters, people have taken to putting a rubber band around the analog stick and just letting it run to get the participation credits. Pretty much every round has at least 3 people just running in circles.

Tue December 05, 2017 11:45 pm

@SkitchP wrote:So Apparently in heroes vs villains (my sons favorite mode and the fastest way to get xp) since it autoselects characters, people have taken to putting a rubber band around the analog stick and just letting it run to get the participation credits. Pretty much every round has at least 3 people just running in circles.

I heard that they were implementing ways of detecting or reporting these people, so they can be banned.

Tue December 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Teeeeeekay wrote:I just saw a trailer for Far Cry 5. Holy shit.

I've only played 4 to a certain amount, but it was quite enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to 5, it looks amazing from what I can see so far.

Wed December 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Teeeeeekay wrote:I just saw a trailer for Far Cry 5. Holy shit.

I've only played 4 to a certain amount, but it was quite enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to 5, it looks amazing from what I can see so far.

i played 3 and 4 and loved them. never finished primal. can't wait for 5!

Wed December 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Finished the Last Guardian. What beautiful game. I'm so glad this was finished and released.

It has its share of flaws (control issues, camera issues, framerate drops, etc.), but I was engaged the whole time. A solid 8/10 from me.

Now on to Wolfenstein II.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:30 am

Bloodborne 2 teased during the Game Awards tonight. Inject it in me now!

Speaking of now, Breath of the Wild DLC is live now!

Fri December 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Bloodborne 2 teased during the Game Awards tonight. Inject it in me now!

Speaking of now, Breath of the Wild DLC is live now!

A Bloodborne sequel!?? The rumors are true? :worthy:

If From Software can top the first one I will be impressed. Can't wait to find out.

Sat December 09, 2017 1:32 pm

@SkitchP wrote:So Apparently in heroes vs villains (my sons favorite mode and the fastest way to get xp) since it autoselects characters, people have taken to putting a rubber band around the analog stick and just letting it run to get the participation credits. Pretty much every round has at least 3 people just running in circles.

I just played this mode to try it out and 5/8 players were doing this. What a fucking waste cause it seemed like a fun mode. Hopefully they find a way to nerf that exploit.

Sat December 09, 2017 2:04 pm

mf wrote:

I just played this mode to try it out and 5/8 players were doing this. What a fucking waste cause it seemed like a fun mode. Hopefully they find a way to nerf that exploit.

Same. Kind of surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Sat December 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Been having late nights feeding the babies, so I figured I'd give TES Oblivion a try, since I've had the disc for so long. I...guess it's ok. But it's hard to gey into the different gameplay mechanics after playing Skyrim for so long. I might just replay Skyrim instead.

Sat December 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

Same. Kind of surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Although I wouldn't mind finding a round where all 7 other players are doing this so I can just kill for an hour and get a shit ton of points myself.

Sun December 10, 2017 5:50 pm

All this hospital time means I am getting a lot of Mario Odyssey time. Might even crack open the Zelda DLC too. Who knows?!

Sun December 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Are you OK?

Mon December 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Wolfenstein II is such a throw back. Very well made. I'm way to early in the game to have any sort of solid opinion, but it's fun to have a top notch FPS shooter story mode.

Wed December 13, 2017 2:03 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:Finished the Last Guardian. What beautiful game. I'm so glad this was finished and released.

It has its share of flaws (control issues, camera issues, framerate drops, etc.), but I was engaged the whole time. A solid 8/10 from me.

I need to go back to The Last Guardian. I got stuck at one point and just never played it again. Thanks for the reminder.

Wed December 13, 2017 2:51 am

Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Finished the Last Guardian. What beautiful game. I'm so glad this was finished and released.

I need to go back to The Last Guardian. I got stuck at one point and just never played it again. Thanks for the reminder.

It seems to get more focused and polished as the game goes along. There are some moments in the final half to third that are just breathtaking.

Tue December 19, 2017 2:27 am

What's everyone's opinion on that battlegrounds game??

The Xbox version for 30 bucks

Tue December 19, 2017 2:31 am

i got bugs wrote:What's everyone's opinion on that battlegrounds game??

The Xbox version for 30 bucks

I've been playing it on PC for a few months. It's great fun.

I've hear there are major issues with the game on Xbox in terms of performance. Which Xbox One do you have?
Topic locked