The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 2:58 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Started RE6 last night. It seems like a lot of the reviews are pretty negative, but I've been enjoying it so far. It has that scare factor that RE5 sorely lacked.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 10:29 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Skyrim DLC for PS3 is finally coming out only about 4 months late.

PostPosted: Sat January 19, 2013 12:38 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I always say Xbox over PS3 because the 360 controller is perfect, and I've never liked Playstation controllers

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 2:35 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

Mecca wrote:
Skyrim DLC for PS3 is finally coming out only about 4 months late.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 6:54 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

http://www.geekologie.com/2013/01/guy-makes-full-set-of-daedric-armor-from.php

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 8:48 pm 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

That's some pretty serious shit.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
The Master

dkfan9 wrote:
I always say Xbox over PS3 because the 360 controller is perfect, and I've never liked Playstation controllers

Apparently they are ditching the DulaShock for the Playstation 4. I'm interested to see the new design.

I like the 360 controller too, but that D-Pad is terrible.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:20 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Monkey_Driven wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:

Apparently they are ditching the DulaShock for the Playstation 4. I'm interested to see the new design.

I like the 360 controller too, but that D-Pad is terrible.

Yeah, the 360 controller is fine, but damn the D-pad sucks balls.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:36 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I've always liked the ps controller.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:37 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i picked up arkham asylum for 20 bucks last weekend

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:38 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
i picked up arkham asylum for 20 bucks last weekend

Good game. Good price. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2013 2:14 am 
slower than 82% of US

I've been playing Crusader Kings II on PC a lot lately. Pretty addicting game. I really amused myself by starting a line of midgets ruling Ireland like a bunch of leprechauns

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 5:45 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me. I think the story may be better than the crappy tv show. Actually I'm sure it is.

I've heard your choices dont really have as much impact as you think, but even the illusion of it is pretty awesome.

The last episode's story kinda drops the ball a little, but it does have a couple of squeal worthy moments. Episodes 2 and 3 are pretty brutal.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 6:06 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me.

it's not that the controls were difficult. far from it. they were easy enough just different from anything i'm used to and moving around and exploring felt cumbersome and tedious rather than natural. it seemed like i spent more time fighting the camera angles than anything else. i'd rather just line up the crosshairs and whack or shoot whatever happens to be in them. maybe it was just a poor demo? i wanted to like it so i could buy the season pass. fwiw the entire playable part of the demo took place in a backyard, a living room/kitchen and just out front of the house.

This was basically the entire demo

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 6:29 pm 

mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me.

it's not that the controls were difficult. far from it. they were easy enough just different from anything i'm used to and moving around and exploring felt cumbersome and tedious rather than natural. it seemed like i spent more time fighting the camera angles than anything else. i'd rather just line up the crosshairs and whack or shoot whatever happens to be in them. maybe it was just a poor demo? i wanted to like it so i could buy the season pass. fwiw the entire playable part of the demo took place in a backyard, a living room/kitchen and just out front of the house.

This was basically the entire demo

thats the first bit of the game, minus a little before hand. He moves faster once his leg gets fixed. I guess maybe he is supposed to be cumbersome with a beat up leg (he's also been unconscious for a couple of days i think).

I think it would get too much like an action game if you could just hack and slash or shoot your way through, and ruin the horror vibe. This way its more like you are a regular guy who doesnt really know what he's doing. In most cases you're just running for your life or figuring out puzzles (even much of the combat). The last couple of episodes get a little more open with combat, but its not very good at it. The camera angles are annoying sometimes, but i didnt have much trouble with it. It took me a second to get used to the way the game does things.

Make no mistake, though, its a game where you are essentially acting in a scene.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 8:22 pm 
Future Drummer

Traded in Madden 13 and got Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Backbreaker Football on store credit. Haven't played the first one and while Backbreaker kinda sucks too it's at least something different.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 8:24 pm 

played Modern Warfare 3 today. First CoD game I've ever played. Kinda sucks. I dont get it.

PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2013 12:00 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
played Modern Warfare 3 today. First CoD game I've ever played. Kinda sucks. I dont get it.

It's a terrible game, there's nothing to get. The single player campaign is sorta fun as a cinematic gaming experience goes but the multiplayer is virtually unplayable. The first MW game was great and i logged a lot of time on it, and the second one was decent but MW3 was awful. i bought it on release day and sold it 5 days later. The game focuses too heavily on rewarding players for kills and streaks instead of completing objectives so no matter what kind of game you're in it just turns into a free-for-all deathmatch. there are much better multiplayer FPS's out there...or at least there were a couple years ago before i got bored of the genre.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games