The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2013 4:04 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

That is good to know. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2013 8:18 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

simple schoolboy wrote:
I just got an email from Blizzard about a Star Craft 2 expansion. I haven't heard about it otherwise, but then again I don't frequent game websites. Anyone have any info on this? I've barely played SC2 but I'd like to do what I can to keep up the PC gaming fight against those nihilistic console gamers..

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 1:57 pm 
The Master

So Tomb Raider was pretty great. A little over the top for the type of story they were trying to tell, but still very well done. Now on to some collecting. Then I'll finish Vanquish.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 2:19 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Dusted off the first Uncharted. I barely remember it its like a new game! The camera angle is a little annoying it occasionally gives me motion sickness but its still a lot of fun. I kinda remember that bothering me years ago too. The others don't though I'm not sure what's different. I played the other two 4 or 5 times each I totally neglected the first one.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 3:05 pm 
The Master

bada wrote:
Dusted off the first Uncharted. I barely remember it its like a new game! The camera angle is a little annoying it occasionally gives me motion sickness but its still a lot of fun. I kinda remember that bothering me years ago too. The others don't though I'm not sure what's different. I played the other two 4 or 5 times each I totally neglected the first one.

The first game suffers from a lack of diverse locations but the core gameplay is pretty solid. I still need to go back and beat it on Crushing to get the platinum. Fun game, but it makes me long for the polish and improvements of the sequels.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
A Return To Form

turned2black wrote:
The PS3 will NOT play .mkvs directly. But it can stream them using PS3 Media Server on the host machine. It works surprisingly well and is simple to set up.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

I use a thumb drive for video quite often, and if I remember correctly, you can just change the file extension from .mkv to .mp4 and the PS3 will play it just fine.

-Cpt. Murphy

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 4:58 pm 
AnalLog

Dark Souls is one of the greatest games ever made.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 5:37 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

clavian wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The PS3 will NOT play .mkvs directly. But it can stream them using PS3 Media Server on the host machine. It works surprisingly well and is simple to set up.

I use a thumb drive for video quite often, and if I remember correctly, you can just change the file extension from .mkv to .mp4 and the PS3 will play it just fine.

Without even converting the files? I look forward to trying it!

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 6:09 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

The first game suffers from a lack of diverse locations but the core gameplay is pretty solid. I still need to go back and beat it on Crushing to get the platinum. Fun game, but it makes me long for the polish and improvements of the sequels.

I still remember the "holy shit, zombies!" Moment of that first one being way out of left field.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:28 pm 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
clavian wrote:
turned2black wrote:

Without even converting the files? I look forward to trying it!

I'm not positive that it works for .mkv files, but I do know that there is one type of file that this does work for.

-Cpt. Murphy

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:32 pm 
AnalLog

So who is getting Bioshock next week? Also, anyone play Civ Rev on xbox? I bought it during their sale a couple of weeks ago and like it quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:37 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Mecca wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

I still remember the "holy shit, zombies!" Moment of that first one being way out of left field.

Ha that's the only part I really remember! I haven't gotten there yet this play through.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:42 pm 
The Master

HardTI wrote:
So who is getting Bioshock next week? Also, anyone play Civ Rev on xbox? I bought it during their sale a couple of weeks ago and like it quite a bit.

I plan on playing Bioshock Infinite, yes. Looks great. I'm glad it's in open air and not underwater.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 2:18 pm 
A Return To Form

I'm a few hours into Tomb Raider...it IS really fun. A lot of you who have played Uncharted on PS3 will recognize the style of game thi sis. But I guess Uncharted has its root in the old Tomb Raider so it's come back full circle.

I kind of purposely die sometimes to see excellent death scenes for Lara....

Oh and...I haven't played Halo since about HALO ODST, how is Halo 4 compared to the others?

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 2:42 pm 
The Master

hbk wrote:
I'm a few hours into Tomb Raider...it IS really fun. A lot of you who have played Uncharted on PS3 will recognize the style of game thi sis. But I guess Uncharted has its root in the old Tomb Raider so it's come back full circle.

Oh and...I haven't played Halo since about HALO ODST, how is Halo 4 compared to the others?

You're a horrible person.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 5:57 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
hbk wrote:

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 6:21 pm 
The Master

hbk wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
hbk wrote:

Thank you

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 6:24 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I beat Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest on a SNES emulator. It took me three weeks. I'm not really a gamer.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 6:30 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
I beat Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest on a SNES emulator. It took me three weeks. I'm not really a gamer.

Fun game though. You should check out Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii if you have one. That is a great game too.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 6:37 pm 
AnalLog

theplatypus wrote:

That game is hard.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games