The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 3:31 pm 
The Master

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
LV has been major-jaded since the last Mass Effect was a turd. He wouldn't be this jilted if it was good.

There might be some truth to this.

I keep seeing it on sale for 6 bucks. Is it worth it?

Absolutely not

I bought it on Black Friday for $15, but I sold the steel book case it came with for $6. I hope to play it this summer. I survived KotOR 2, I'll survive this.

i bought it on a PS+ sale for 15 bux and it was worth that much. if you can somehow trick yourself into forgetting that it's a ME game, it's a serviceable open world 3rd person space shooter. i mostly just tore through the main storyline though, didn't feel compelled to explore many side quests.

What a missed opportunity. I am very dubious of their new game Anthem too.

Same here. A lot is riding on Anthem too. Like the future of Bioware so I expect the company to get broken up and sold off bit by bit by EA after Anthem fails.

Seems like it is too ambitious. Reminds me a bit of the Destiny pre-release hype.

In other news, Happy God of Day everyone! I probably won't start it until tomorrow, but I can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 3:49 pm 
Production Police

Going back to the "have video games peaked" conversation, I will say that the Switch/Labo product is possibly the greatest innovation to hit gaming since VR. I hope the basic premise is expanded upon considerably in years to come.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:00 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Going back to the "have video games peaked" conversation, I will say that the Switch/Labo product is possibly the greatest innovation to hit gaming since VR. I hope the basic premise is expanded upon considerably in years to come.

I love the idea behind it. I would be all over this if I was kid. The intro to coding and DYI'ness of it are so cool.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:02 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I love the idea behind it. I would be all over this if I was kid. The intro to coding and DYI'ness of it are so cool.

Of course I don't know the economics, but what they should consider doing is launching/partnering on their own line of 3D printers with a simplified interface, and letting people create their own interactive tools for the system.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:03 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Of course I don't know the economics, but what they should consider doing is launching/partnering on their own line of 3D printers with a simplified interface, and letting people create their own interactive tools for the system.

I don't see Nintendo doing this. They see themselves as a toy company. I don't think they would allow people to make their own stuff to interact with their software. It is a quality control and profit thing. The cardboard kits themselves will be pretty cheap though.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:40 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I don't see Nintendo doing this. They see themselves as a toy company. I don't think they would allow people to make their own stuff to interact with their software. It is a quality control and profit thing. The cardboard kits themselves will be pretty cheap though.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:41 pm 
AnalLog

Just a couple more hours before some GoW. I've got a twenty page paper to finish but that will have to wait.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 4:54 pm 
The Master

jwfocker wrote:
Just a couple more hours before some GoW. I've got a twenty page paper to finish but that will have to wait.

20 page paper? Woof.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 5:14 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

20 page paper? Woof.

It's soul crushing.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 5:50 pm 
The Master

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

20 page paper? Woof.

It's soul crushing.

Topic?

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 8:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I really wish Disney was still in the video game business. Split/Second was a really good arcade racer that deserved a sequel.

PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 8:29 pm 
The Master

I fucking love Split/Second. I still play it every once in a while.

PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 11:30 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

20 page paper? Woof.

It's soul crushing.

Topic?

'Assessing the impact of the CIO position in the age of E-Government and Cloud Computing'

PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:17 pm 
AnalLog

I just played GoW for the first time late last night; had four hernias repaired on Weds so I've been sore as fuck and thrown off schedule. Should give me a little more gaming time this weekend though. I've only played up to through the first boss battle, and wow, it was intense. Was not expecting a battle like that to start things off; even had to tone back the difficulty level for my weak ass. As someone else stated, the game is intense when it gets going and will likely not be a push over as I venture deeper.

I actually may try to finish Uncharted Lost Legacy as I only have like 2 chapters to go then dive back into GoW. I'm already itching to play GoW again though so that's a great sign. The visuals truly are gorgeous, but I think the soundtrack is really what's blowing me away (caught off guard) thus far. Great time to be a PS owner!

PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 6:35 pm 
Production Police

Some hours in, and I'm ready to put this stake in the ground: Far Cry 5 is not an amazing game. It's not bad, it's just needlessly frustrating. Too many interruptions from wildlife, too much dependence on vehicles to get from one point of interest to the next (or you have to spend hours walking), not a ton of variation in weapons, and the enemy AI is pretty awful. Also the addition of the spotted enemies remaining outlined when they're behind cover makes things way too easy. I'm not even done with the first region (I started with John Seed), and I'm already getting fairly OP...

I'll keep playing it, because it's a fun way to zone out for an hour, and the MT setting and fly-fishing are both really compelling, and Boomer is a fun companion to have by my side. But there is some pretty lazy game structure underneath the attractive hood.

PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 6:37 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Some hours in, and I'm ready to put this stake in the ground: Far Cry 5 is not an amazing game. It's not bad, it's just needlessly frustrating. Too many interruptions from wildlife, too much dependence on vehicles to get from one point of interest to the next (or you have to spend hours walking), not a ton of variation in weapons, and the enemy AI is pretty awful. Also the addition of the spotted enemies remaining outlined when they're behind cover makes things way too easy. I'm not even done with the first region (I started with John Seed), and I'm already getting fairly OP...

I'll keep playing it, because it's a fun way to zone out for an hour, and the MT setting and fly-fishing are both really compelling, and Boomer is a fun companion to have by my side. But there is some pretty lazy game structure underneath the attractive hood.

This is pretty much take. It's fun to play for chunks at a time, but I'm not hooked on the story or really compelled to just drive around. I fast travel or fly everywhere.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 5:22 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I suddenly remembered this MS-DOS game I played the shit of when I was a kid. A-10 Tank Killer.

Anyone else play this? I remember the controls being pretty tough, and I was never the best strategist when it cames to games like this, but the flight sim was fun as hell. I'd just load up on weapons then go AWOL, flying around wherever. For hours.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Man, I remember games like that. My brother had an Apache helicopter game but I don't remember what it was called. Probably something about an Apache helicopter though.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 10:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

"It seems our buddies are going to have to remodel their command post." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 3:03 pm 
I had 45 minutes to game some videos before the Bucks game the other night, so I booted up the PS4 for the first time in months. 20 minutes to update the system software (3 reboots!), 10 minutes to update the game software (Horizon Zero Dawn), 5 minutes to re-acclimate myself to the controls, 10 minutes to gather sticks to make arrows (exciting!), 1 minute to die, endless loading screen, time to watch basketball. I think I'm gonna sell the PS4 soon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games