The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 4:11 pm 
The Master

Red Dead delayed until October.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 4:34 am 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:

After finding out what happened with MGSV I am all for people delaying big games if needed. The scope of these games is getting immense, it's nice to have the developers take their time.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 1:04 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

After finding out what happened with MGSV I am all for people delaying big games if needed. The scope of these games is getting immense, it's nice to have the developers take their time.

Exactly. I don't think Rockstar has ever been a studio to rush an unfinished game out the door so i'm cool with them taking their time. My only concern is how much of the game is going to be devoted to the online multiplayer. From what i've read, the GTAV online community is absolutely awful and i REALLY don't want that experience in my cowboy fantasy simulator.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 7:27 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Anyone try Kirby: Battle Royale yet?

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 7:33 pm 
The Master

I have no problem with the delay. Gives me more time to work on my backlog.

Celeste is extremely addicting.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 3:32 am 
Rank This Poster

Is Celeste ridiculous like cuphead

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 3:54 am 
The Master

i got bugs wrote:
Is Celeste ridiculous like cuphead

I haven't played Cuphead, but I don't find Celeste frustrating at all. Difficult, but fair. The restarts are super fast and there are checkpoints a plenty. There's even a couple "assist" modes if you want some help.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 10:03 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Far Cry 5 comes out next month. That should tide me over until Red Dead 2 comes out :peace:

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 12:11 pm 
Champion of RM

Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

What happened with MGSV?

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 6:37 pm 
AnalLog

I've been a casual gamer now for over 20 years or so and I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I've yet to play Shadow of Colossus. The reviews are so good for the PS4 version that I decided to pre order. Not sure why I never played it in the past as it's right up my alley but looking forward to giving it a spin this week when it comes out. $31 on amazon prime.

Not surprised in the least about the Red Dead delay, but definitely disappointed. Rockstar's been on my shit list for a while with this continual ass raping of GTAV online. Making them tons of money so I get it, just ridiculous they've yet to release a single game built on the current gen consoles.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:31 pm 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
I've been a casual gamer now for over 20 years or so and I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I've yet to play Shadow of Colossus. The reviews are so good for the PS4 version that I decided to pre order. Not sure why I never played it in the past as it's right up my alley but looking forward to giving it a spin this week when it comes out. $31 on amazon prime.

Not surprised in the least about the Red Dead delay, but definitely disappointed. Rockstar's been on my shit list for a while with this continual ass raping of GTAV online. Making them tons of money so I get it, just ridiculous they've yet to release a single game built on the current gen consoles.

Shadow is good. I hope you like it. I consider it more of an atmospheric, action puzzle game.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:37 pm 
Future Drummer

CopperTom wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

What happened with MGSV?

According to what I've read Konami made Kojima rush it and some things suffered as a result, including one whole mission possibly being left out, resulting in what some people thought was a disjointed story/ending. It was the beginning of the end of their relationship. It's a fantastic game but there do seem to be missing elements from it.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:45 pm 
The Master

Orpheus wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

What happened with MGSV?

According to what I've read Konami made Kojima rush it and some things suffered as a result, including one whole mission possibly being left out, resulting in what some people thought was a disjointed story/ending. It was the beginning of the end of their relationship. It's a fantastic game but there do seem to be missing elements from it.

Kojima isn't exactly known for working quickly however. Most agree he was wronged.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 11:15 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Shadow is good. I hope you like it. I consider it more of an atmospheric, action puzzle game.

What puzzles? Roam around. Roam around. Boss battle. Repeat. Ico was better. I haven't played Last Guardian yet.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 11:33 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

What puzzles? Roam around. Roam around. Boss battle. Repeat. Ico was better. I haven't played Last Guardian yet.

Boss battles are like puzzles, trying to figure out how to beat each boss.

PostPosted: Sun February 04, 2018 1:07 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I'm getting bored with Mario Run and Outfolded. Can any of you recommend a solid game for iOS?

PostPosted: Sun February 04, 2018 1:46 am 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
I'm getting bored with Mario Run and Outfolded. Can any of you recommend a solid game for iOS?

I'm a huge gamer and I hate mobile games. Have you played Monument Valley though?

PostPosted: Sun February 04, 2018 1:53 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I'm a huge gamer and I hate mobile games. Have you played Monument Valley though?

I should play that one. Been meaning to for a while.

PostPosted: Sun February 04, 2018 2:39 am 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I should play that one. Been meaning to for a while.

It's good. I liked the Rayman games too.

PostPosted: Sun February 04, 2018 2:50 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I might just stretch out and play MV with the headphones on tomorrow while I have the house to myself.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games