The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 336  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 6:02 pm
Posts: 18
Started RE6 last night. It seems like a lot of the reviews are pretty negative, but I've been enjoying it so far. It has that scare factor that RE5 sorely lacked.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11398
Skyrim DLC for PS3 is finally coming out only about 4 months late.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat January 19, 2013 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1111
I always say Xbox over PS3 because the 360 controller is perfect, and I've never liked Playstation controllers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
Mecca wrote:
Skyrim DLC for PS3 is finally coming out only about 4 months late.


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 6:54 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 829
http://www.geekologie.com/2013/01/guy-makes-full-set-of-daedric-armor-from.php


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
That's some pretty serious shit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15017
Location: Mizzou
dkfan9 wrote:
I always say Xbox over PS3 because the 360 controller is perfect, and I've never liked Playstation controllers


Apparently they are ditching the DulaShock for the Playstation 4. I'm interested to see the new design.

I like the 360 controller too, but that D-Pad is terrible.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:20 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 6:02 pm
Posts: 18
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
I always say Xbox over PS3 because the 360 controller is perfect, and I've never liked Playstation controllers


Apparently they are ditching the DulaShock for the Playstation 4. I'm interested to see the new design.

I like the 360 controller too, but that D-Pad is terrible.

Yeah, the 360 controller is fine, but damn the D-pad sucks balls.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11398
I've always liked the ps controller.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4266
i picked up arkham asylum for 20 bucks last weekend

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15017
Location: Mizzou
Peeps wrote:
i picked up arkham asylum for 20 bucks last weekend


Good game. Good price. What's not to like?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat February 02, 2013 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34299
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue February 05, 2013 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11398
I've been playing Crusader Kings II on PC a lot lately. Pretty addicting game. I really amused myself by starting a line of midgets ruling Ireland like a bunch of leprechauns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 829
BurtReynolds wrote:
The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34299
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me. I think the story may be better than the crappy tv show. Actually I'm sure it is.

I've heard your choices dont really have as much impact as you think, but even the illusion of it is pretty awesome.

The last episode's story kinda drops the ball a little, but it does have a couple of squeal worthy moments. Episodes 2 and 3 are pretty brutal.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 829
BurtReynolds wrote:
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me.

it's not that the controls were difficult. far from it. they were easy enough just different from anything i'm used to and moving around and exploring felt cumbersome and tedious rather than natural. it seemed like i spent more time fighting the camera angles than anything else. i'd rather just line up the crosshairs and whack or shoot whatever happens to be in them. maybe it was just a poor demo? i wanted to like it so i could buy the season pass. fwiw the entire playable part of the demo took place in a backyard, a living room/kitchen and just out front of the house.

This was basically the entire demo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34299
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
mf wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
The Walking Dead is pretty cool.

i played the demo this weekend and i'm not sure i get the appeal. the game feels sort of amateur and the control system is tedious. there were also too many cut-scenes and quick time events for my liking. though hacking that first zombie with the claw end of a hammer until it got stuck in it's skull got a few squeals of glee from my wife and i when we played it. we have issues.

its not for everyone, but i love these types of games. Didnt really have any trouble with the controls, they seemed pretty simple to me.

it's not that the controls were difficult. far from it. they were easy enough just different from anything i'm used to and moving around and exploring felt cumbersome and tedious rather than natural. it seemed like i spent more time fighting the camera angles than anything else. i'd rather just line up the crosshairs and whack or shoot whatever happens to be in them. maybe it was just a poor demo? i wanted to like it so i could buy the season pass. fwiw the entire playable part of the demo took place in a backyard, a living room/kitchen and just out front of the house.

This was basically the entire demo

thats the first bit of the game, minus a little before hand. He moves faster once his leg gets fixed. I guess maybe he is supposed to be cumbersome with a beat up leg (he's also been unconscious for a couple of days i think).

I think it would get too much like an action game if you could just hack and slash or shoot your way through, and ruin the horror vibe. This way its more like you are a regular guy who doesnt really know what he's doing. In most cases you're just running for your life or figuring out puzzles (even much of the combat). The last couple of episodes get a little more open with combat, but its not very good at it. The camera angles are annoying sometimes, but i didnt have much trouble with it. It took me a second to get used to the way the game does things.

Make no mistake, though, its a game where you are essentially acting in a scene.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2082
Traded in Madden 13 and got Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Backbreaker Football on store credit. Haven't played the first one and while Backbreaker kinda sucks too it's at least something different.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34299
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
played Modern Warfare 3 today. First CoD game I've ever played. Kinda sucks. I dont get it.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 829
BurtReynolds wrote:
played Modern Warfare 3 today. First CoD game I've ever played. Kinda sucks. I dont get it.

It's a terrible game, there's nothing to get. The single player campaign is sorta fun as a cinematic gaming experience goes but the multiplayer is virtually unplayable. The first MW game was great and i logged a lot of time on it, and the second one was decent but MW3 was awful. i bought it on release day and sold it 5 days later. The game focuses too heavily on rewarding players for kills and streaks instead of completing objectives so no matter what kind of game you're in it just turns into a free-for-all deathmatch. there are much better multiplayer FPS's out there...or at least there were a couple years ago before i got bored of the genre.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri October 19, 2018 3:37 am