The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox
PostPosted: Fri December 10, 2021 8:28 pm 
AnalLog

ghost wrote:
Are there any good co-op games on Game Pass that a 7 y/o could handle? My daughter and I started It Takes 2 and were really kicking ass up until the toolbox boss battle. Trying to time jumps while adjusting the camera while avoiding falling nails that pin you to the ground was a bit much for her.

If either of the Overcooked games are still on Gamepass, I’d recommend those.

PostPosted: Sat December 11, 2021 12:07 am 
AnalLog

Infinite might be my game of the year. Psychonauts 2 was tremendous but I’m just having so much fun roaming Zeta Halo. Forza has been a little broken of late and frustrating.

PostPosted: Sat December 11, 2021 12:41 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'm still probably a year and a half or more away from upgrading to current gen, and I do feel hamstrung because I've been PS3/4 since 2013 so I have lots of stuff saved on PS+ and all, but I am very tempted to jump ship to Xbox.

Consoles might actually be available by then.

Maybe! What I'm most interested in are future Bethesda games, mostly Elder Scrolls/Fallout. They're probably still years away, so I'll probably end up getting the mid-generation repackage.

PostPosted: Sat December 11, 2021 12:43 am 
AnalLog

Definitely a while before they come out, considering Starfield is next year, which has been the big project they’ve been working on.

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 2:40 pm 
AnalLog

scrub12 wrote:
ghost wrote:
Are there any good co-op games on Game Pass that a 7 y/o could handle? My daughter and I started It Takes 2 and were really kicking ass up until the toolbox boss battle. Trying to time jumps while adjusting the camera while avoiding falling nails that pin you to the ground was a bit much for her.

Overcooked 2 was a hit! Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 3:02 pm 
The Master

ghost wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
ghost wrote:

I can't imagine playing that game with kids. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 3:05 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
ghost wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
ghost wrote:

Yeah we pretty much just played the first couple levels of story mode. It's hard enough to get her to not walk out of the house without her coat and boots in the morning, let alone ask her to boil multiple pots of rice while cleaning plates. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 3:59 pm 
The Master

ghost wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
ghost wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
ghost wrote:

Yeah we pretty much just played the first couple levels of story mode. It's hard enough to get her to not walk out of the house without her coat and boots in the morning, let alone ask her to boil multiple pots of rice while cleaning plates. :lol:

That seems about right.

PostPosted: Tue December 14, 2021 2:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Tried The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the first time today. Interesting start to the game, even if it looks a bit old.

PostPosted: Tue December 14, 2021 3:06 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Tried The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the first time today. Interesting start to the game, even if it looks a bit old.

I could never get into Skyrim. Obviously the game is adored by millions though. Curious to hear your thoughts years after the game was released.

PostPosted: Tue December 14, 2021 4:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Only had time to finish the first mission. Like I mentioned, the graphics feel quite dated. Killed a bunch of random bad guys, but the fighting felt sloppy. It does seem interesting though, so I’m motivated to keep playing some more.

PostPosted: Wed December 15, 2021 12:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Had an hour to play, put on Skyrim, but got a little bored. Played Halo Infinite Big Team Matchmaking instead, and I’m in love. Just like old times, only new and top quality. Fun single player campaign as well.

PostPosted: Wed December 15, 2021 5:48 pm 
AnalLog

BTB is a little broken right now and they’re looking into it, but I love the multiplayer. They added playlists yesterday and it’s great. Enjoying the campaign a lot too.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 5:14 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

So I've thought more seriously about getting a Series S with Game Pass, since MLB the Show is back on Game Pass and I'd be able to play Starfield on Day 1 in November. Was poking around some other games available on GP and was getting pretty excited (not sure if I'd splurge for Ultimate yet, although I'm tempted). The Series S seems really easily available now, and nothing coming soon for the PS5 has piqued my interest, so really any hesitancy to jump to XBox for this generation has worn off. I get my bonus in mid-March, so I had nearly circled it on my calendar.

But! I guess I was a bit out of the loop on XBox--I had thought the Series X and S were basically the same machine, except one was without an optical drive, similar to the PS5 optical vs. digital. Today was the first day I noticed there's actually a hardware difference between the 2 XBox models. Does anyone have any resources or personal experience on how the 2 perform against each other? Is it worth it spending the extra on the Series X?

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 5:26 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
So I've thought more seriously about getting a Series S with Game Pass, since MLB the Show is back on Game Pass and I'd be able to play Starfield on Day 1 in November. Was poking around some other games available on GP and was getting pretty excited (not sure if I'd splurge for Ultimate yet, although I'm tempted). The Series S seems really easily available now, and nothing coming soon for the PS5 has piqued my interest, so really any hesitancy to jump to XBox for this generation has worn off. I get my bonus in mid-March, so I had nearly circled it on my calendar.

But! I guess I was a bit out of the loop on XBox--I had thought the Series X and S were basically the same machine, except one was without an optical drive, similar to the PS5 optical vs. digital. Today was the first day I noticed there's actually a hardware difference between the 2 XBox models. Does anyone have any resources or personal experience on how the 2 perform against each other? Is it worth it spending the extra on the Series X?

If you have a decent tv I'd get the Series X. It's more expensive, but way more powerful. Might as well get the most out of the console generation.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 5:36 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

If you have a decent tv I'd get the Series X. It's more expensive, but way more powerful. Might as well get the most out of the console generation.

Yeah, we just got a 58'' RCA for Christmas. I was afraid the more expensive option was going to be the answer.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 5:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I looked into the Series S (cheap and available), but in some ways it was worse than the One X I already have. However, the Series X is the most powerful console on the market.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 7:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I guess what I was most shocked by was that the Series S doesn't play at 4K. I know it came out in 2020, but that seems like it's been the industry standard for a while. If it was just processing power and what have you, I would probably just get the S because it plays the same games, but if it's not maxing out the resolution of my TV, it doesn't seem worth it (moving up to 4K on my PS4 Pro was a real eye opener, so I'd hate to step back down).

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 8:55 pm 
AnalLog

The Series S was designed for people without a 4K TV, which is still a large number of folks. It’s sold a ton because of its price point, but it’s not 4K and has a much smaller hard drive. I think it was also targeted at PS5 owners as an easy second console.

If you want all the bells and whistles, then the X is the way to go, but my understanding is the games run great on Series S, it just won’t be 4K.

PostPosted: Wed February 09, 2022 9:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

What’s the performance like on Series X for games you’re streaming through Game Pass? You don’t download them, right? I’m interested but skeptical that they’d be the same quality as a game running from the hard drive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games