The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox
PostPosted: Wed March 30, 2022 5:52 am 
The Master

Anders wrote:
I’ve owned various Xbox consoles, and never said the word Microsoft out loud in a conversation about them. I do use Nintendo and Sony (both of which I own) when talking about the other two consoles.

I feel like this is pretty common. Probably a combination of marketing, distancing from Microsoft as a software company, relative newness to gaming compared to their competitors, and the fact that so little of Microsoft's overall success is tied directly to their gaming sector.

PostPosted: Wed March 30, 2022 9:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I agree with that.

PostPosted: Wed March 30, 2022 1:07 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Is there any way to create a favorites list on the Xbox store to follow the price of games?

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 1:49 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Roll that beautiful bean footage:

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 2:13 pm 
The Master

Probably a lot Starfield coverage, right?

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 2:32 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I assume they have other games, too. I'd love to get a timeline on Elder Scrolls 6 as well (3 years away? 5?).

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 2:58 pm 
AnalLog

Definitely a lot of Starfield. I think next year is going to be a big year, so I also expect 2023 to be put on games like Avowed, Hellblade 2, and maybe State of Decay 3. Elder Scrolls is likely a long ways away.

I also think the new Battle Royale Halo mode will get a big spotlight. Redfall is supposed to come this year but haven’t heard anything about that since last year.

PostPosted: Wed September 28, 2022 3:35 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I don't know how you guys load up on Gamepass, but CD Keys has a 3-month subscription at about $26 right now (less than $9 per month), which is about the threshold I re-up at.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 1:08 am 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
I don't know how you guys load up on Gamepass, but CD Keys has a 3-month subscription at about $26 right now (less than $9 per month), which is about the threshold I re-up at.

Thanks for the heads up! I typically wait till Black Friday timeframe. Target was offering $25 for 3-months during last Black Friday weekend, so I re-up'ed for a year. Plan on doing the same this year

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 1:18 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Revelator wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I typically wait till Black Friday timeframe. Target was offering $25 for 3-months during last Black Friday weekend, so I re-up'ed for a year. Plan on doing the same this year

Ooo I'll look out for that one. I'm good until March. CD Keys was down to $25 a few days ago, but I didn't grab it in time.

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2022 11:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Game Pass Ultimate 3-month passes now $24.69 on CD Keys.

Unfortunately, they don’t have deals on the basic PS+ plans anymore.

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 3:38 am 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. Was waiting for this. Yeah really sucks that we see no discounts nor can we stack the PS+ anymore

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 4:12 am 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. Was waiting for this. Yeah really sucks that we see no discounts nor can we stack the PS+ anymore

The Black Friday PS Plus deal was pretty good, but the tiers have really muddied the waters.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 5:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Finally updated my Xbox One X with a few new games, a year of gamepass, and just updating the games took two days. Not played it for a couple of months. I have such a great Xbox library, and love some of the games there, that I'm thinking about getting a Series S or a Series X. Think the S looks great, heard it runs quietly, but don't like that it doesn't support native 4K gaming, game resolution tops out at 1440p, and it's only got 364GB of usable storage / expensive expandable storage, and on top of that, it's too close to the Series X in price. Getting the Series X, as I've got a PS5, seems a bit of a luxury. I must think about it. I will play some on the Xbox One X going forward though. Forza 5 and Halo been waiting for me.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 12:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Anders wrote:
Finally updated my Xbox One X with a few new games, a year of gamepass, and just updating the games took two days. Not played it for a couple of months. I have such a great Xbox library, and love some of the games there, that I'm thinking about getting a Series S or a Series X. Think the S looks great, heard it runs quietly, but don't like that it doesn't support native 4K gaming, game resolution tops out at 1440p, and it's only got 364GB of usable storage / expensive expandable storage, and on top of that, it's too close to the Series X in price. Getting the Series X, as I've got a PS5, seems a bit of a luxury. I must think about it. I will play some on the Xbox One X going forward though. Forza 5 and Halo been waiting for me.

I got a Series X about a year ago, and I’ve never looked back since—my only gripes are (1) the disc drive is a little loud, and I basically got it just to watch 4K movies, and it can be annoying for quiet parts (although headphones help) and (2) my first controller had significant drift on one of the sticks just 8 months in or so. I know the Series S plays everything the X does, and from what I understand it plays them well, but as games advance, the 4K output sealed it for me.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 12:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

I got a Series X about a year ago, and I’ve never looked back since—my only gripes are (1) the disc drive is a little loud, and I basically got it just to watch 4K movies, and it can be annoying for quiet parts (although headphones help) and (2) my first controller had significant drift on one of the sticks just 8 months in or so. I know the Series S plays everything the X does, and from what I understand it plays them well, but as games advance, the 4K output sealed it for me.

Thank you for commenting. I really don't need the disc drive. I only buy games digitally, have got a blu-ray player and as ps5. I want a smaller, quieter, non-disc machine. But your closing comment says it all. If I get one, the 4k future output is very important. Also the lack of storage is annoying, even if I've got an extra hdd drive.

I did find a cheapish used Series X today, on a local online marketplace, for the price of a new Series S, but also with two controllers and a charging dock. Put in an offer quickly, but the guy replied to me, that someone else bid just ahead of me. He probably sold it too cheaply, can't find anything near it in price.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 11:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Found another decent offer (only one controller though), and no cost of shipping, as he lives nearby. Will pick up a Series X tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 11:22 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Anders wrote:
Found another decent offer (only one controller though), and no cost of shipping, as he lives nearby. Will pick up a Series X tomorrow.

:hooray:

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2023 6:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Really look forward to it. Going to feel like a long day waiting.

Will sell my Xbox One X, with the cables, a controller and some physical games. Always a bit of a hassle, but worth it in the end. Will make the Series X feel very reasonably priced. I gave away my old Xbox One X to family, when I upgraded to the One X. But feel more like selling this time.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2023 6:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/every-xbox-series-x-s-game-not-releasing-xbox-one-2023/

Every Xbox Series X/S Game Not Coming to Xbox One In 2023
As noted above, this section will feature most of the noteworthy confirmed 2023 titles that are coming to Xbox Series X/S and not Xbox One. However, I’ve also identified “true exclusive” games that will only be released on Xbox Series X/S and PC (meaning they will also not be available for PS5 or Nintendo Switch).

Here’s the current list:

Alan Wake 2
Ark 2 (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Atlas Fallen
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
Between Horizons
Company of Heroes 3
Contraband (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Dead Space Remake
Deceive Inc.
Forza Motorsport (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Gothic Remake
Immortals of Aveum
Lies of P
Off the Grid
Park Beyond
Pragmata
Redfall (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Ripout
RoboCop: Rogue City
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Skull and Bones
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Starfield (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
Street Fighter 6
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Synduality
Tekken 8
The Gap
The Invincible
The Last Case of Benedict Fox (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
War Hospital
Warhammer 40,000 Darktide (Xbox Series X/S and PC Exclusive)
Warpaws
Wild Hearts
Wildmender

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games