Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Playstation 5 Exclusive Video Game: Returnal

Tue June 01, 2021 5:31 pm

You can do it! Not to brag, as I've probably played at least twice as many hours as you, but I beat him 4 times now, going for platinum trophy.

Tue June 01, 2021 7:05 pm

tree_ wrote:You can do it! Not to brag, as I've probably played at least twice as many hours as you, but I beat him 4 times now, going for platinum trophy.

I think I'm around the 25-28 hour mark for context. Enjoying the ride.

Tue June 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Yep, I'm over 50 hours now.. also enjoying the ride

Wed June 02, 2021 7:29 pm

My journey is now complete. Need to take a break and finish up a few other games before coming back to this.

Wed June 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Good job. Did you finish it completely? There's another cutscene ending to unlock after you find a few more things.

Wed June 02, 2021 8:05 pm

tree_ wrote:Good job. Did you finish it completely? There's another cutscene ending to unlock after you find a few more things.

I beat the final boss and am back in Biome 1. Need to find more later.

Wed June 02, 2021 8:06 pm

What do you think of the "story"?

Fri June 18, 2021 12:04 am

Finally scored a ps5 today via Walmart, and this game was always going to be my first purchase. But reading the difficulty level has me second guessing. Is this in the same arena as a Sekiero in terms of grinding to get good? Or is it more like a Dead Cells where it's super difficult at first, but quicker to "solve" and progress?

I've got a month before the big white ugly box gets delivered, but now I'm feeling all sorts of anticipation. And wondering if Returnal should be a first purchase or wait till it most likely goes on sale.

Fri June 18, 2021 1:28 am

Clark Griswold wrote:Finally scored a ps5 today via Walmart, and this game was always going to be my first purchase. But reading the difficulty level has me second guessing. Is this in the same arena as a Sekiero in terms of grinding to get good? Or is it more like a Dead Cells where it's super difficult at first, but quicker to "solve" and progress?

I've got a month before the big white ugly box gets delivered, but now I'm feeling all sorts of anticipation. And wondering if Returnal should be a first purchase or wait till it most likely goes on sale.

Fantastic! Did you get the Digital Edition?

It is less skill based than Sekiro. The difficulty becomes much easier once you find the weapon/build you like and how to approach each enemy. The rest is kind of luck and reps.

Fri June 18, 2021 2:14 am

MD,
tree_ wrote:What do you think of the "story"?

Fri June 18, 2021 2:42 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Clark Griswold wrote:Finally scored a ps5 today via Walmart, and this game was always going to be my first purchase. But reading the difficulty level has me second guessing. Is this in the same arena as a Sekiero in terms of grinding to get good? Or is it more like a Dead Cells where it's super difficult at first, but quicker to "solve" and progress?

It is less skill based than Sekiro. The difficulty becomes much easier once you find the weapon/build you like and how to approach each enemy. The rest is kind of luck and reps.

Yea dude, got the digital version so I'm super pumped. Thanks for the further detail about Returnal, sounds up my alley.

Fri June 18, 2021 4:37 am

Clark Griswold wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yea dude, got the digital version so I'm super pumped. Thanks for the further detail about Returnal, sounds up my alley.

What other games do you have your eye on?

Fri June 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon FW
Miles Morales
Kena Bridge of Spirits

Fri June 18, 2021 1:02 pm

Congrats :hooray: Not many of us PS5'ers round these parts just yet ha. I still need to revisit Returnal but I can confirm that Ratchet is an absolute blast. Miles Morales is def worth playing too, thinking that one can probably be snagged on sale by now

Sun June 20, 2021 11:07 pm

Whoa, just got this email from Walmart:

The PlayStation® 5 is such a hot item we sold more of the exact version you ordered than we had on hand. We thought you deserved an upgrade, so we’re sending you a PS5 with a disc drive – no extra charge! Nothing else has changed and you’ll still receive your order on time.

We apologize for the mix-up, but hope you’ll enjoy the upgrade on us!

Thanks so much for being our customer.

Mon June 21, 2021 12:14 am

Clark Griswold wrote:Whoa, just got this email from Walmart:

The PlayStation® 5 is such a hot item we sold more of the exact version you ordered than we had on hand. We thought you deserved an upgrade, so we’re sending you a PS5 with a disc drive – no extra charge! Nothing else has changed and you’ll still receive your order on time.

Look at that!

Mon June 21, 2021 12:20 am

Congratz :)

Tue June 22, 2021 12:44 am

Clark Griswold wrote:Whoa, just got this email from Walmart:

Wow never thought I'd say this but good on wal mart! I have the disc version and think it's totally worth it (and then some).

Tue June 22, 2021 2:06 am

Maybe we can set up a PS5 game disc exchange.

Tue June 22, 2021 2:15 am

I’m down
Post a reply