The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sony Playstation
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2024 2:48 pm 
The Master

Horizon: Burning Shores is absolutely gorgeous. I'm enjoying just flying around and taking in the sights.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2024 12:38 am 
Rank This Poster

https://www.polygon.com/24057447/silent ... nuary-2024

free on psn

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2024 1:28 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Horizon: Burning Shores is absolutely gorgeous. I'm enjoying just flying around and taking in the sights.

The end of Burning Shores from a technical standpoint is pretty impressive. I really wish they would have built Forbidden West exclusively on the current gen (PS5), profit margin be damned.

PostPosted: Wed February 14, 2024 7:34 pm 
Champion of RM

No existing major franchise titles before April 2025.

What poor planning by Sony. Especially since this is year 5 on the PS5 - this should be prime-time. Now really is the time for Microsoft to start selling PS5 software.

PostPosted: Wed February 14, 2024 7:50 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
No existing major franchise titles before April 2025.

What poor planning by Sony. Especially since this is year 5 on the PS5 - this should be prime-time. Now really is the time for Microsoft to start selling PS5 software.

One could see thing coming. Games are taking longer than ever to make and there have been several games each year for the past 4 years or so. I wonder if we will get a few surprise remasters or smaller DLC packages in the mean time (ala God of War Valhalla).

PostPosted: Thu February 15, 2024 2:30 am 
AnalLog

Yeah this dawned on me the other day. The only confirmed franchise exclusive I'm looking forward to is Phantom Blade Zero (which doesn't have a release date). Kind of shocked that we don't even have a teaser trailer for a major first party title. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Thu February 15, 2024 8:13 pm 
AnalLog

Sounds like they might start bringing more games to PC day and date as well, since Helldivers has sold really well.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 4:19 pm 
The Master

I find it to be pretty disingenuous and lazy journalism to keep running with the quote that the "PS5 is in its latter stages of life". He's talking about the next fiscal year (April 2025-March 2026), not right now.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 5:34 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I find it to be pretty disingenuous and lazy journalism to keep running with the quote that the "PS5 is in its latter stages of life". He's talking about the next fiscal year (April 2025-March 2026), not right now.

And yet it’s enough to dissuade me from investing in this generation. PS4 still keeps me entertained and Switch 2 right around the corner.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 5:42 pm 
Champion of RM

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

And yet it’s enough to dissuade me from investing in this generation. PS4 still keeps me entertained and Switch 2 right around the corner.

Microsoft announced they are well into development on the next XBOX too. This generation has so few "next gen" games. This generation is such a disappointment to me.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 5:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

If this generation was unable to provide many true next-gen games, why would the next generation do any better? Is there something about this generation's hardware that made it more difficult to produce games in an efficient, timely manner, that can be improved upon with new hardware?

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 5:53 pm 
Champion of RM

I think we're at the "diminishing marginal returns" phase of hardware enhancements.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 5:54 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
I think we're at the "diminishing marginal returns" phase of hardware enhancements.

Yes, and I suppose it is all about selling consoles. So when sales dip, it's time for a new one. But I don't understand how they can convince people to buy it. Probably some big gimmick, like augmented reality or something. Although people still buy new IPhones and I have no idea why.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 6:07 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 6:12 pm 
Champion of RM

tree_ wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Yes, and I suppose it is all about selling consoles. So when sales dip, it's time for a new one. But I don't understand how they can convince people to buy it. Probably some big gimmick, like augmented reality or something. Although people still buy new IPhones and I have no idea why.

Ray tracing is a big deal. Maybe next gen games will actually utilize it.

Honestly, I'm much more excited about Vita 2 (thanks sales success of a PS Portal) than I am about PS6. I'm also more excited about XBOX-Switch-like than I am about XBOX 5.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 6:20 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
tree_ wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Ray tracing is a big deal. Maybe next gen games will actually utilize it.

Honestly, I'm much more excited about Vita 2 (thanks sales success of a PS Portal) than I am about PS6. I'm also more excited about XBOX-Switch-like than I am about XBOX 5.

I dunno, Spiderman 2 utilizes it quite a bit and it doesn't really make much of a difference, IMO. Maybe an upgrade would be more substantial and noticeable, dunno.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 7:34 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Absolutely.

100%. I've yet to see a big title (on either console) that can actually run a smooth 4K/60FPS. I thought 4K/60FPS was going to basically be something standard on the 'current' gen. By the spring, I'm assuming we'll finally get official word on a PS5 Pro to hit this holiday season (based on recent rumors)

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 7:40 pm 
Production Police

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Absolutely.

100%. I've yet to see a big title (on either console) that can actually run a smooth 4K/60FPS. I thought 4K/60FPS was going to basically be something standard on the 'current' gen. By the spring, I'm assuming we'll finally get official word on a PS5 Pro to hit this holiday season (based on recent rumors)

On a related note, Apex Legends finally dropped the much anticipated 120Hz update for PS5 + Xbox, and everyone says it looks like shit. Actually makes it harder to compete.

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 8:23 pm 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Absolutely.

I don't really see a point in a PS5 Pro right now, especially at a $600 price point (just guessing).

PostPosted: Fri February 16, 2024 9:32 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

It just makes sense to skip a generation on each console, doesn’t it? I have a PS4 but primarily play my Series X, but I’ve never really felt like I was missing anything major on the PS5, because I know I can just build up a backlog of PS+ essential games and play them on the PS6 if I buy it in like 5 years. And there’s so much on Game Pass that I have no doubt there won’t be many next-gen titles that will make me feel like I need the next Xbox.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games