The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sony Playstation
PostPosted: Mon June 28, 2021 6:10 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Tired of R&C. Just not a very deep game. The visuals were strikingly good most of the time and the haptics were really cool and it was a nice PS5 tech showcase, but something feels somewhat empty about it. Had some light fun, surface level good times, but now moving on and gonna trade it in while it's still fresh. Looking forward to next big release, whatever/whenever that is.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 11:17 am 
Banned from the Pit

Walmart delivered the PS5 three weeks ahead of estimated delivery, which was a nice surprise. I was currently about halfway through Immortals Fenyx Rising on the PS4, so when I transferred data over to PS5 it will only allow me to continue my saved data game from the PS4 version of the game. Kinda lame, but I get it...unless I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, loving the new hardware even if its ugly as hell. I purchased Miles Morales but won't get to it until I'm done with IFR cause I'm one of those weirdos that needs to complete one game b4 moving onto the next. One benefit from that approach is I never really have to worry about storage concern. Looking forward to comparing Performance and Fidelity mode when I get there. For now, Astro has been a fun time with my 5 year old.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 3:43 pm 
The Master

Clark Griswold wrote:
Walmart delivered the PS5 three weeks ahead of estimated delivery, which was a nice surprise. I was currently about halfway through Immortals Fenyx Rising on the PS4, so when I transferred data over to PS5 it will only allow me to continue my saved data game from the PS4 version of the game. Kinda lame, but I get it...unless I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, loving the new hardware even if its ugly as hell. I purchased Miles Morales but won't get to it until I'm done with IFR cause I'm one of those weirdos that needs to complete one game b4 moving onto the next. One benefit from that approach is I never really have to worry about storage concern. Looking forward to comparing Performance and Fidelity mode when I get there. For now, Astro has been a fun time with my 5 year old.

Awesome! How does Immortals look on the PS5 compared to the PS4 version?

I'm one of those weirdos that really likes the look of the console. It stands out (in a good way!) in my entertainment console.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 3:44 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I also love the look. Looks like an alien spaceship. Congrats and welcome to the PS5 club, clark.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 4:35 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Clark Griswold wrote:

I'm one of those weirdos that really likes the look of the console. It stands out (in a good way!) in my entertainment console.

i've got no problem with the look. it stands out that's for sure. Just wish it wasn't so damn massive :lol: . Thankfully it fits in my entertainment console.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 8:05 pm 
AnalLog

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Clark Griswold wrote:

i've got no problem with the look. it stands out that's for sure. Just wish it wasn't so damn massive :lol: . Thankfully it fits in my entertainment console.

Yeah the size was my only real sticking point since it didn't fit in my current entertainment center (at least not enough for good airflow). I love the design though, would love to see it in black. I've been sitting in horizontally though, probably looks more impressive as centerpiece if stood vertically (like Sony seems to want us all to do).

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 8:07 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I'm willing to bet over 75% go horizontal. I also would like to go vertical but can't.

PostPosted: Tue June 29, 2021 9:31 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Clark Griswold wrote:

Sorry, don't think I was clear in my original post...im still playing the PS4 version on the PS5 for IFR. When I launch it in the PS5 version, it doesn't recognize the progress I made from the save data. But it does recognize the save data when I launch the PS4 version. Because I was 28 hours invested, I just continued the PS4 version. So I don't know what the PS5 version of the game looks like.

I think what I hate about the looks of thr console (and to a lesser degree the controler) is all the white. Everything in my entertainment system is black: record player, receiver, Klipsh Floor standing speakers, Switch, record cases...everything. so the PS5 sticks out like a sore thumb.

Because Walmart messed up and I got the disc version at Digital version price, I just bought black plates, a black controller, and a (mostly) black charger station. That should do the trick.

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 1:40 am 
Rank This Poster

A plague tale is amazing
The rest...meh

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 6:49 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Black plates arrived and they look awesome.

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 9:41 pm 
Champion of RM

I'm happy a proper PS5 Ghost of Tsushima is coming.

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 10:37 pm 
AnalLog

psychobain wrote:

A plague tale is amazing
The rest...meh

I've owned Plague Tale for close to a year and still haven't played it; think I need to do that--just in time for the PS5 upgrade

PostPosted: Fri July 02, 2021 1:52 am 
Rank This Poster

It was a great surprise

PostPosted: Fri July 02, 2021 5:15 am 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:

For sure. I'm hoping the expansion DLC is 7-10 hours or so. Would make the price tag worth it.

PostPosted: Sat July 03, 2021 2:33 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

For sure. I'm hoping the expansion DLC is 7-10 hours or so. Would make the price tag worth it.

I thought I read that it was comparable to UC Lost Legacy or Miles Morales, both were about 10 hours depending on difficulty and completion level. I'm buying for sure, easily one of the best games last year.

PostPosted: Sat July 03, 2021 3:37 pm 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

I thought I read that it was comparable to UC Lost Legacy or Miles Morales, both were about 10 hours depending on difficulty and completion level. I'm buying for sure, easily one of the best games last year.

Another comp could Infamous: First Light. All good games, worth the price.

PostPosted: Mon July 12, 2021 7:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

im about to start Nier Automata
is it good?

PostPosted: Tue July 13, 2021 4:23 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I tired the WWE game. I haven't watched Wrestling since 1990 I only recognized a couple people. Are there any good wrestling games with all the 80's guys?

PostPosted: Wed August 18, 2021 4:04 pm 
The Master

Rocket League is getting a patch to add a 120 fps graphics setting on the PS5 (has been available on Xbox Series X/S since last Fall). About time!

PostPosted: Wed August 18, 2021 4:41 pm 
Rank This Poster

bada wrote:
I tired the WWE game. I haven't watched Wrestling since 1990 I only recognized a couple people. Are there any good wrestling games with all the 80's guys?

Wwe battlegrounds has a bunch of 80s guys.. its goofy but it's kinda fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games