The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sony Playstation
PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 5:47 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:
It scratches my competitive itch. And I get to listen to music or podcasts while playing. Might as well say I've listened to 400 hours of Elliott Smith.

I'm incrementally improving. I've only just recently been doing the jump pass off wall air dribble to goal somewhat. It's hard.

BTW I just listened to this yesterday and thought of you:

https://lifeoftherecord.com/elliott-smith

Cool. I enjoyed that also. I've been getting into the Grand Mal compilation lately. Some really good shit I've never even heard before. Shockingly good.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 7:47 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
It scratches my competitive itch. And I get to listen to music or podcasts while playing. Might as well say I've listened to 400 hours of Elliott Smith.

I'm incrementally improving. I've only just recently been doing the jump pass off wall air dribble to goal somewhat. It's hard.

No judgement, Rocket League is an incredible game!

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 7:57 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

:thumbsup: 8-)

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Why is it written in gibberish?

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

*Norwegian

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:17 pm 
The Master

I had a hankering to play Battlefront II the other day, but didn't get to it. What do the online lobbies look like these days?

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

No problem for me playing 20vs20 online, although I do think a few of the players are bots. They always have a short and similar name.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-2/news/ai-article-deep-dive?isLocalized=true

If you’re a long-time player (or just generally observant), you’ve probably noticed how the implementation of non-human players – driven by AI (artificial intelligence) – has played a major role in the evolution of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II throughout the year.

A big milestone was reached in early 2019 as Capital Supremacy launched, introducing a brand-new AI technology. For the first time in Star Wars Battlefront II’s online multiplayer, players battled alongside and against bots (another word for AI controlled units).

The AI provided scale to the combat by increasing the sheer number of troopers on the battlefront. But it also enabled players across the entire skill spectrum to have a good time, as the bots are – if compared to seasoned veteran players – easier targets.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:29 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-2/news/ai-article-deep-dive?isLocalized=true

If you’re a long-time player (or just generally observant), you’ve probably noticed how the implementation of non-human players – driven by AI (artificial intelligence) – has played a major role in the evolution of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II throughout the year.

A big milestone was reached in early 2019 as Capital Supremacy launched, introducing a brand-new AI technology. For the first time in Star Wars Battlefront II’s online multiplayer, players battled alongside and against bots (another word for AI controlled units).

The AI provided scale to the combat by increasing the sheer number of troopers on the battlefront. But it also enabled players across the entire skill spectrum to have a good time, as the bots are – if compared to seasoned veteran players – easier targets.

I don't mind that at all if it keeps games going for those large scale battles. Fond memories of multiplayer games of old against bots (Timesplitters 2 especially).

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2022 10:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

I don't mind that at all if it keeps games going for those large scale battles. Fond memories of multiplayer games of old against bots (Timesplitters 2 especially).

I agree. As long as the game runs smoothly, and you always get a game with short waiting time, it’s a good feature.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2022 12:24 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I had a hankering to play Battlefront II the other day, but didn't get to it. What do the online lobbies look like these days?

I had that same hankering. I had no idea that the game was still going, i'll definitely load it up and have a go. For all the crap this game got because of lootboxes it was still a lot of fun and really the last MP experience I enjoyed.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2022 1:36 pm 
The Master

I think they added a bunch of AI baddies?

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 12:07 am 
The Master

Finished the main story of God of War. On to clean up!

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 3:40 am 
AnalLog

I'm officially on winter break and I plan to devote a shit ton of time to Ragnarok, finally.

BTW, Spider Man 2 due out Fall 2023 (announced today).....

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 4:10 am 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
I'm officially on winter break and I plan to devote a shit ton of time to Ragnarok, finally.

Wasn't that kind of a given?

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 1:07 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Yeah true, just nice to hear them confirm they're still on track for 2023. That one's probably their biggest console exclusive next year, right? Unless this Last of Us Multiplayer thing actually makes it out next year. The first Spider Man was a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to this. I'm just hoping it was built from the ground up on the PS5. No more of this cross-gen stuff!

PostPosted: Fri December 16, 2022 10:56 pm 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Yeah true, just nice to hear them confirm they're still on track for 2023. That one's probably their biggest console exclusive next year, right? Unless this Last of Us Multiplayer thing actually makes it out next year. The first Spider Man was a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to this. I'm just hoping it was built from the ground up on the PS5. No more of this cross-gen stuff!

Of all the sequels on the horizon, this is the one that I fear will be the most stale. I really hope there's a bunch of new symbiote related moves and skills.

PostPosted: Sat December 17, 2022 1:28 pm 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Of all the sequels on the horizon, this is the one that I fear will be the most stale. I really hope there's a bunch of new symbiote related moves and skills.

It's a valid concern--I've been burned out on Marvel in general for a while but I'm hoping they'll introduce new dynamics/moves/skills/story progression, etc to keep things interesting. Have we seen a AAA 3rd person open-world game yet built exclusively for PS5 (I can't think of any)? I want to see what this console can really do.

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2022 4:12 am 
The Master

God of War Ragnarok has been platinumed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games