The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sony Playstation
PostPosted: Mon March 14, 2022 4:52 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
About 40 hours into Forbidden West. I usually grow tired of open world games by this point, but there's more than enough side stuff to do to stay entertained. I got the best armor in the game and am taking my time upgrading both it and my weapons. An addicting gameplay loop.

What's the best armor? And how do you get it? I think I got the best bow this morning. I'm 60 hours in.

PostPosted: Mon March 14, 2022 6:06 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
About 40 hours into Forbidden West. I usually grow tired of open world games by this point, but there's more than enough side stuff to do to stay entertained. I got the best armor in the game and am taking my time upgrading both it and my weapons. An addicting gameplay loop.

What's the best armor? And how do you get it? I think I got the best bow this morning. I'm 60 hours in.

You have to complete all of the Oseram Scavenger Quests.

PostPosted: Mon March 14, 2022 6:26 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

You have to complete all of the Oseram Scavenger Quests.

I really haven't touched that quest line. I got the bow from completing all (?) the Rebel camps and subsequent side quest.

PostPosted: Tue March 15, 2022 2:11 am 
AnalLog

No where near as far into Horizon as you guys are but I'm doing FAR more side quests/missions than I do in these kind of games. I'm straight up addicted. Think I'm already at Level 15 and don't think I'm too far into the main story line yet

PostPosted: Tue March 15, 2022 3:12 am 
The Master

Oh goodness. You unlock something pretty late into the main story that is very, very cool.

PostPosted: Fri March 18, 2022 4:52 pm 
The Master

I can feel my time with Horizon coming to an end and I don't want it to. Going out to earn more legendary weapons and finish remaining cauldrons before the final few missions.

PostPosted: Fri March 18, 2022 5:08 pm 
AnalLog

Sounds like the Gran Turismo always online situation is kind of a mess.

PostPosted: Fri March 18, 2022 5:11 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Sounds like the Gran Turismo always online situation is kind of a mess.

Yeah, no single player game should every have that feature.

PostPosted: Fri March 18, 2022 5:49 pm 
AnalLog

I've never seen, cared, or read a Harry Potter book in my life. No judgement to those that do, just never piqued my interest. I have to admit though, the Hogwarts gameplay displayed as yesterday's state of play was pretty cool. If you're a fan, might wanna check it out. The HP fans are creaming their pants

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 1:37 pm 
AnalLog

scrub12 wrote:
Grubb has leaked a lot of things over the last year+. Spartakus leaks here.

https://venturebeat.com/2022/02/24/playstation-plans-3-spartacus-tiers-for-as-much-as-16-per-month/

Somehow it’s more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 2:00 pm 
The Master

Look at the annual prices. They're pretty reasonable. Significantly cheaper for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 2:17 pm 
AnalLog

That’s interesting. I wonder what the % comparison is of people who pay monthly vs. people who pay it all up front.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 2:35 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

scrub12 wrote:
That’s interesting. I wonder what the % comparison is of people who pay monthly vs. people who pay it all up front.

I've literally never talked to anyone who pays for PS+ monthly. I imagine it would make sense if you only play games sporadically.

Aside from my very first subscription, I've never paid more than $35 for a year of PS+. I hope those sorts of deals continue to be available, because I'd like to keep my game library going (mostly so my daughter can play the PS+ games she likes), but I don't think I'd ever consider going to a higher tier unless they started including first-day releases and I got a PS5. Just got a Series X with Game Pass, so I don't think it's in the cards for years and years. PS6, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 2:52 pm 
AnalLog

I’ve never paid for PS+ on a monthly basis but I wonder what people with PSnow do because thats a little different where you might want to cancel if you don’t like the game selection. Most people don’t want to cancel their ability to play online. This essentially combines the two so will be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 3:01 pm 
The Master

I feel like many people are going to compare this new service to Game Pass right now instead of Game Pass when it launched. The pricing model, timing of new releases, and back catalog offerings will take some time to get the formula right.

It is encouraging that so many newer releases (Death Stranding, Returnal, Miles Morales) will be available on the second tier right away.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 3:02 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

i wonder what the upgrade process looks like for going from PS+ to tier 2 or 3? I'd consider giving tier 2 a try to see what's there.

PostPosted: Tue March 29, 2022 4:09 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
i wonder what the upgrade process looks like for going from PS+ to tier 2 or 3? I'd consider giving tier 2 a try to see what's there.

Same.

PostPosted: Wed March 30, 2022 12:12 am 
AnalLog

We won't know until later this year of course but interested what kind of Black Friday-ish discounts they offer for all tiers. I re-up my subscription every year around the holidays when you can see up to 40% off the annual rate (now dubbed the Essential Tier). Did the same for Game Pass; was on sale around the holidays for $25 for 3 months vs $15 for 1 month.

I'll probably try out the second tier as soon as it's available, why not? Annually, nothing really here to me that's unreasonable compared to Game Pass from a price point (it's Sony, I didn't expect it to be cheap), just really interested in seeing what older titles they'll have available. I really wish the older titles were available for d/l too rather than streaming.

I thought I read that current Plus subscribers will automatically be grandfathered into the Essential Tier, then you have option in June to upgrade as desired.

PostPosted: Wed March 30, 2022 12:42 am 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
We won't know until later this year of course but interested what kind of Black Friday-ish discounts they offer for all tiers. I re-up my subscription every year around the holidays when you can see up to 40% off the annual rate (now dubbed the Essential Tier). Did the same for Game Pass; was on sale around the holidays for $25 for 3 months vs $15 for 1 month.

I'll probably try out the second tier as soon as it's available, why not? Annually, nothing really here to me that's unreasonable compared to Game Pass from a price point (it's Sony, I didn't expect it to be cheap), just really interested in seeing what older titles they'll have available. I really wish the older titles were available for d/l too rather than streaming.

I thought I read that current Plus subscribers will automatically be grandfathered into the Essential Tier, then you have option in June to upgrade as desired.

I think the PS3 games are the only ones that are streaming only and that has more to do with the difficulty of emulation.

PostPosted: Thu April 28, 2022 3:03 pm 
AnalLog

Damn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games