The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sony Playstation
PostPosted: Fri February 25, 2022 8:59 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm not sure that I've ever paid more than 40-45 bucks a year for PS Plus with all the discounted offers out there.

Yup take advantage of the black Friday's and holiday periods. For Xbox game pass over the holidays they were offering 3 months for $25. A great deal that you can stack up to cover you for a year (compared to paying $15/month or whatever it is).

Looking forward to seeing what Sony has to offer here. Not taking any of the rumored prices seriously

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:07 pm 
The Master

I'm enamored with the beauty of Forbidden West. It is buttery smooth and gorgeous.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:11 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm enamored with the beauty of Forbidden West. It is buttery smooth and gorgeous.

Same, you must be playing on performance mode. I normally favor fidelity (in any game), but the smoothness of performance mode is so ridiculously good that I couldn't resist. Not to mention the level of detail even in performance mode is still astounding.

It's also already been said but begs repeating, the motion capture is light years better than the Zero Dawn animatronics show.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:16 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, yesterday I opted to put some more time into the game, and I'm liking it more. The changes in scenery are nice, going from one beautiful setting to the next. Very pretty. Looked up at the night sky from a mountain last night and phew, breathtaking.. And I'm enjoying the combat more, but I still have qualms with how your character reacts to controls and how she so often butts up against like trees and rocks and stuff. Feel like that part could be much smoother.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm not sure that I've ever paid more than 40-45 bucks a year for PS Plus with all the discounted offers out there.

Yup take advantage of the black Friday's and holiday periods. For Xbox game pass over the holidays they were offering 3 months for $25. A great deal that you can stack up to cover you for a year (compared to paying $15/month or whatever it is).

Looking forward to seeing what Sony has to offer here. Not taking any of the rumored prices seriously

Indeed, I had Xbox Ultimate Gamepass for 2-3 years, and paid far less than most would think.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:21 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
Yeah, yesterday I opted to put some more time into the game, and I'm liking it more. The changes in scenery are nice, going from one beautiful setting to the next. Very pretty. Looked up at the night sky from a mountain last night and phew, breathtaking.. And I'm enjoying the combat more, but I still have qualms with how your character reacts to controls and how she so often butts up against like trees and rocks and stuff. Feel like that part could be much smoother.

If you approach each machine as a puzzle, the combat takes on a completely new challenge with great reward. I love breaking off the valuable pieces, causing explosions, and systematically taking down a machine.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:27 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, that's a lot of fun. Definitely the best part of the game and why I'm going to keep playing. Though I'm still trying to figure out how it all works. Like, which bows to use... and how to make a part brittle before destroying it... how do you make it brittle the fastest, and how do you then destroy it the fastest. Probably too much skimming through tutorials. But I appreciate the complexity of it.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 4:32 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
Yeah, that's a lot of fun. Definitely the best part of the game and why I'm going to keep playing. Though I'm still trying to figure out how it all works. Like, to make a part brittle before destroying it... how do you make it brittle the fastest, and how do you then destroy it the fastest. Probably too much skimming through tutorials.

Piercing arrows, blast traps, and ammunition with tear damage typically remove those components the fastest. Tear damage was OP in the original, so they've dialed that back a bit here. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but there's a weapon where you can shoot little cannisters that attach to a machine. You then shoot that cannister to cause massive damage. It's great.

The variety in enemies and weapons really makes you utilize your entire weapon wheel.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 5:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

last games finished:

Yakuza 6 -> Fist of the North Star -> Judgment -> Yakuza Like a Dragon

finishing Lost Judgment right now

im a Kamurocho native already

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 6:24 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Yeah, that's a lot of fun. Definitely the best part of the game and why I'm going to keep playing. Though I'm still trying to figure out how it all works. Like, to make a part brittle before destroying it... how do you make it brittle the fastest, and how do you then destroy it the fastest. Probably too much skimming through tutorials.

Piercing arrows, blast traps, and ammunition with tear damage typically remove those components the fastest. Tear damage was OP in the original, so they've dialed that back a bit here. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but there's a weapon where you can shoot little cannisters that attach to a machine. You then shoot that cannister to cause massive damage. It's great.

The variety in enemies and weapons really makes you utilize your entire weapon wheel.

Yes loving the combat even more in this one and making full use of the entire wheel. So many options and different strategies to take depending on the foe you're facing. My only grip thus far (and I'm not very far in) are the climbing mechanics are still kind of wonky. Hard to place my finger on it, but having issues climbing smoothly (I think I remember a few other reviews having the same beef)

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 8:46 pm 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Yes loving the combat even more in this one and making full use of the entire wheel. So many options and different strategies to take depending on the foe you're facing. My only grip thus far (and I'm not very far in) are the climbing mechanics are still kind of wonky. Hard to place my finger on it, but having issues climbing smoothly (I think I remember a few other reviews having the same beef)

Sometimes you need to wait for an animation to stop before you can proceed (i.e. swinging on the bottom rung of a ladder.) Sometimes it's the final step before you reach the top - this one frustrates me because you have to randomly shimmy to your left or right and then you get right up.

I love this game like I loved the original, however, it still needs lots of little patches.

Lots of machine enemy variety - fought a mastodon yesterday, polar bear today. But a stupid mount that breathes fireballs was the toughest. It's fireballs killed me 1 hit. I need to stick to the main quest so I get the rebreather so I can go back to all of those water caverns.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 8:54 pm 
The Master

I keep mixing up the circle and square button in terms of what they do coming off a ladder/ledge. They seem like they're backwards here? Otherwise, the climbing/platforming is no worse or better than most other third person action games like this.

I've experienced no bugs or weird glitches in my 20 hours or so with the game. Occasional clipping, but it is very rare.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 8:57 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Man, I dunno, the controlling just seems way less intuitive/functional/user friendly to me than most AAA games I can remember playing.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 9:06 pm 
Champion of RM

tree_ wrote:
Man, I dunno, the controlling just seems way less intuitive/functional/user friendly to me than most AAA games I can remember playing.

It's wierd that climbing has jump, drop, and leap behind. I've never played a game with 3 commands.

PostPosted: Mon February 28, 2022 9:09 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

yeah totally.. I just want to get lost in the game and not have to think about what buttons it needs me to press so often.. kinda frustrating and such an odd choice for a huge popular game like this. Maybe it's just its way of trying to separate itself from the rest..

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 4:17 am 
The Master

Is anyone picking up GT 7?

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 9:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Not at launch, but I will. Want to play the previous game a little more still, since I just got it a few months ago.

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 1:59 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah probably eventually

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 11:54 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Is anyone picking up GT 7?

I wasn't going to but after watching a few reviews and getting the racing/driving game itch, I did. Supposed to arrive tomorrow...

I really should have just waited, I'm so f'ing backlogged with games right now it's not funny. This is where I tend to make poor decisions.

PostPosted: Sat March 05, 2022 12:47 am 
Production Police

Anybody have one of those racing rigs? I’d love to do this some day, but it’s more of a “next house/after the kid’s moved out” sort of thing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games