The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk 2077
PostPosted: Thu January 28, 2021 3:31 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

This headline:

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 1:10 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

So apparently they've released a patch that makes the game stable enough to be back for sale on the PS store. I debated picking it up to run on PS5 since it's "technically" stable (always was i guess, but i didn't have a PS5 when it came out before being pulled from the store)... but seeing reports that the way they've fixed the memory issues and framerate drops is to drastically reduce the # of NPCs and vehicles in the world to the point where it's almost empty is cause for concern.

Think i'll just wait til they have a proper next gen release later this year, not just a backwards compatible version that's stable.

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 1:51 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
So apparently they've released a patch that makes the game stable enough to be back for sale on the PS store. I debated picking it up to run on PS5 since it's "technically" stable (always was i guess, but i didn't have a PS5 when it came out before being pulled from the store)... but seeing reports that the way they've fixed the memory issues and framerate drops is to drastically reduce the # of NPCs and vehicles in the world to the point where it's almost empty is cause for concern.

Think i'll just wait til they have a proper next gen release later this year, not just a backwards compatible version that's stable.

I'm still waiting for the proper next gen version as well.

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 3:00 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

I'll wait for a proper next gen version and reviews specific to that version. No trust.

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 3:09 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

I'll wait for a proper next gen version and reviews specific to that version. No trust.

Well, that's true too. I'm continually amazed at how much they screwed this up.

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 3:21 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

oh yeah. i won't be taking anything on good faith at this point.

PostPosted: Wed June 30, 2021 6:43 pm 
AnalLog

Played it on my Series X at launch and it ran fine, imagine it would on a PS5. I enjoyed this game and will revisit it when they do the official next gen upgrade.

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 2:14 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

I ended up buying a used copy of Cyberpunk. A few missions in and it's been pretty stable so far. A couple of funny visual glitches is about all i can report so far

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 2:14 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

mf wrote:
I ended up buying a used copy of Cyberpunk. A few missions in and it's been pretty stable so far. A couple of funny visual glitches is about all i can report so far
PS5? Did you install a huge update?

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 2:26 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
mf wrote:
PS5? Did you install a huge update?

yeah.

it was probably huge but i didn't watch it. i just put the disc in and let it do it's thing for an hour or so while i watched tv. standard practice anytime i get a new game these days

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 5:13 pm 
Champion of RM

$10 at Best Buy. PS4, X1

Is that still overpriced?

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 6:18 pm 
AnalLog

I enjoyed my time with it but havent kept up with updates to even see if its stable on older platforms. I’m not convinced they’ll hit their next gen update goal of this Fall either.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 6:25 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
I enjoyed my time with it but havent kept up with updates to even see if its stable on older platforms. I’m not convinced they’ll hit their next gen update goal of this Fall either.

I look forward to one day playing the next gen version. Not sure when that will be either.

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 11:57 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

I've been slowly picking away at this over the past month or so but i've gotta say, for all the shit this game got for being buggy, it's biggest crime to me is that it's just dreadfully boring. It's summer so i haven't had a lot of solid gaming time, so when i do pick up the game its for an hour here or there and more often or not i'm spending that hour having conversations and driving places around Night City. Some times it feels like hours between action sequences.

I guess maybe i'm just not in the right headspace to get immersed in this right now cause most people seem to think it's a good game when it plays well....

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 1:56 pm 
AnalLog

Yeah I was going to come in here and ask where the F is the PS5 upgrade already but the more reviews I read about this game, I'm becoming genuinely disinterested at diving in some day

PostPosted: Tue February 15, 2022 4:08 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue February 15, 2022 4:18 pm 
The Master

Pretty terrible timing to release it the week of Horizon and the week before Elden Ring, unless they wanted it to get quietly buried.

PostPosted: Tue February 15, 2022 4:26 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

True.

I don't know what to make of this. It looks pretty but how does it actually compare to the previous version(s)? Is the AI still fucked up? Are all the glitches fixed?

PostPosted: Tue February 15, 2022 5:06 pm 
AnalLog

I never ran into glitched on Series X. I did like the game but never finished it. I’ll probably hop in again. The patch notes are long.

PostPosted: Tue February 15, 2022 5:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Have they added in AI for police and pedestrians?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games