The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 12315
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
I've been an avid gamer for over 30 years and it recently dawned on me, how few franchises I have beaten in their entirety. I love Zelda, but haven't beaten Adventures of Link, Triforce Heroes and, if you are counting ancillary entries, Hyrule Warriors. I have beaten all Halo primary entries (7), but haven't beaten Spartan Assault, Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2. I've beaten all console 2D and 3D Marios, but not the handheld entries. The only franchises where I've beaten all entries are Borderlands (5), Uncharted (5), (modern) Prince of Persia (5) and Ultimate Alliance (3). I was wondering how other gamers are faring?

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 18677
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Banjo Kazooie

_________________
If you’re reading this, you are an RMer in the year 2021 and you have some life decisions to make.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 5:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 43309
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Some old Sierra series


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 18677
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Low G Man

_________________
If you’re reading this, you are an RMer in the year 2021 and you have some life decisions to make.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 5:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 4504
Bioshock (3) is the only one I can think of.

Beating all Borderlands (5) must have taken some time. I absolutely loved BL 1 & 2, but when the Pre-Sequel reviewed poorly I held off and never felt the itch to carry on with the franchise.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sun August 16, 2020 12:52 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 1059
Ello Sailor wrote:
Bioshock (3) is the only one I can think of.

Beating all Borderlands (5) must have taken some time. I absolutely loved BL 1 & 2, but when the Pre-Sequel reviewed poorly I held off and never felt the itch to carry on with the franchise.

Pre sequel was fine. I never understood the bad reviews. It was just more of the same.

I guess I’ve done all the Borderlands if we’re not counting the Tales from the Borderlands telltale ones.

To that point though, I would say that I’ve completed the CORE games in all of these series’. I never really got into any of the portable systems and mobile gaming just doesn’t count.

-Half Life (including all the HL1 add ons)
-bioshock
-Uncharted
-GTA
-Metal Gear
-I was probably close on the Assassins Creed franchise until Unity. That game was damn near unplayable and I had written the franchise off until they got their shit together and came out with Origins. Granted this franchise has a metric fuckton of games. That said besides Unity I think I’ve completed all the core games - 1, 2, 3, black flag, rogue, origins and Odyssey. Plus a few of the side ones.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sun August 16, 2020 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 4504
I have completed all Half-Life games aside from Alyx. I don't have a VR setup.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
soulseek 4 lyfe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sun August 16, 2020 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 67078
I've done all the console Mario games, but not handheld.

Mega Man, maybe?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sun March 07, 2021 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 12315
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
CopperTom wrote:
I've been an avid gamer for over 30 years and it recently dawned on me, how few franchises I have beaten in their entirety. I love Zelda, but haven't beaten Adventures of Link, Triforce Heroes and, if you are counting ancillary entries, Hyrule Warriors. I have beaten all Halo primary entries (7), but haven't beaten Spartan Assault, Halo Wars or Halo Wars 2. I've beaten all console 2D and 3D Marios, but not the handheld entries. The only franchises where I've beaten all entries are Borderlands (5), Uncharted (5), (modern) Prince of Persia (5) and Ultimate Alliance (3). I was wondering how other gamers are faring?


I forgot about Dragon Age (3). I just added God of War (7).

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Completing an Entire Franchise
PostPosted: Sun March 07, 2021 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1252
All the Batman Arkham games is really the only one I can think of.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri June 18, 2021 6:55 am