Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: It's-a Me, Mario: A Mario Thread

Fri February 12, 2021 2:07 pm

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:I just started Galaxy yesterday. Is it better with the joycons or pro controller?

I found it a little frustrating at first having very little control over the camera in a 3D game. As the levels get bigger in scope though it's becoming less of a nuisance.

This is how I would rank the controller options:

1. Split Joycons (how the game was originally designed to be played)
2. Pro Controller (pointer controls work remarkably well though re-centering can be sort of a pain)

3. Handheld

Thanks. I've been using the pro controller but i'll give the split joycons a go.

Tried the split joycons and it was too weird :lol:

Fri February 12, 2021 2:23 pm

mf wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:I just started Galaxy yesterday. Is it better with the joycons or pro controller?

I found it a little frustrating at first having very little control over the camera in a 3D game. As the levels get bigger in scope though it's becoming less of a nuisance.

This is how I would rank the controller options:

1. Split Joycons (how the game was originally designed to be played)
2. Pro Controller (pointer controls work remarkably well though re-centering can be sort of a pain)

3. Handheld

Thanks. I've been using the pro controller but i'll give the split joycons a go.

Tried the split joycons and it was too weird :lol:

I miss the Wii controllers and being able to sit and play in the laziest positions as possible.

Fri February 12, 2021 4:09 pm

Told my son he had a surprise waiting for him when he got home tonight from daycare. I hope the co-op isn't too overwhelming for him.

Fri February 12, 2021 4:11 pm

They weren't kidding about the sped up movement in SM3DW.

Fri February 12, 2021 6:06 pm

Game looks and plays beautifully. But I’ll keep on playing Galaxy for now. Having too much fun.

Haven’t played either before, and it won’t disappear.

Mon February 15, 2021 5:57 pm

Pretty surprised by how quickly my son has taken to the controls. The detached joycon is the perfect size for his hands. He really wants to "win" each level.

Mon February 15, 2021 6:18 pm

I’m obsessed with stars and stamps, so if I play with my wife and her son and we miss something, they get mad because I want to go back and do the level again.

Mon February 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Me too. But I've taught myself to just move on to the next level and leave anything I missed as a reason to come back to the level later.

Tue February 16, 2021 3:49 pm

I've determined that I can only play Super Mario World 3D with one other person, and only if that person lets me lead and goes where I want to go to look for stuff. We tried with 3 people last night and I just had to step away after two levels.

Tue February 16, 2021 4:17 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I've determined that I can only play Super Mario World 3D with one other person, and only if that person lets me lead and goes where I want to go to look for stuff. We tried with 3 people last night and I just had to step away after two levels.

So you don't want to play online?

Wed February 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:I've determined that I can only play Super Mario World 3D with one other person, and only if that person lets me lead and goes where I want to go to look for stuff. We tried with 3 people last night and I just had to step away after two levels.

I think we can, as long as your objective isn't "run as fast as you can to the end of the level" every time.

Wed February 17, 2021 3:20 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I think we can, as long as your objective isn't "run as fast as you can to the end of the level" every time.

I'm a collector. I hate the timer in these levels though.

Wed February 17, 2021 5:00 pm

My kids are legit addicted to Odyssey.

Wed February 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Bammer wrote:My kids are legit addicted to Odyssey.

How many moons do they have?

Wed March 03, 2021 2:40 am

Bowser's Fury is much larger than I anticipated.

Wed March 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Happy MAR10 day!

Wed March 10, 2021 4:46 pm

CopperTom wrote:Happy MAR10 day!

Thu March 11, 2021 12:15 am

I'll play some Super Mario World on my GBA.

Sun March 14, 2021 11:23 pm

Welp. Did everything but champions road

Mon March 15, 2021 2:05 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:My kids are legit addicted to Odyssey.

How many moons do they have?

Not sure. One of them beat the game on Assist with a little help from me here and there. The other one is hopeless with the controls but loves to watch his bro play.
Post a reply