Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: The Last of Us Part II

Mon June 29, 2020 6:13 am

This game is spectacular. Just played the news station through the subway...my heart is racing. Talk about intense!

Mon June 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:This game is spectacular. Just played the news station through the subway...my heart is racing. Talk about intense!

I just went through the same section in my last play. Those fucking shamblers!

Mon June 29, 2020 11:11 pm

This game is long.

Tue June 30, 2020 1:38 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:This game is long.
it feels more like a tv series than a season... I need to take breaks

Tue June 30, 2020 2:52 am

tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:This game is long.
it feels more like a tv series than a season... I need to take breaks

Yeah. I'm pretty happy with my 1-2 hours a day pace.

Tue June 30, 2020 11:07 am

1-2 hours every couple of days is my current pace, at this rate it's going to be a while before I finish. I would play more if work didn't get in the way, but truthfully this game is so tense/emotional that I don't know if my delicate ass could sustain a faster pace....

Only about 5 hours in (I think) but loving it thus far

Spoiler: show
Though I'm still gutted about losing Joel. That's the part that pissed me off when I read the spoilers. Even before I read the leaks, I had a feeling he might get killed off, but the way he went out was brutal and I personally loved his character. In some ways I'm still pissed at myself for reading the leaks, but I also think I would have been pretty crushed/pissed if I went in cold.....

Tue June 30, 2020 1:14 pm

I had a little bit of frustration with how much time you spend on the journey

Abbey and Lev make to the hospital,

but when it was over with I was glad it’d been that way. I like that you spend long enough sections of game with a different perspective, or in a different time period, for the experience to change the nature of your emotional ties. I think I would have been a lot more frustrated with that section if I was only playing in shorter bursts though.

Tue June 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Revelator wrote:1-2 hours every couple of days is my current pace, at this rate it's going to be a while before I finish. I would play more if work didn't get in the way, but truthfully this game is so tense/emotional that I don't know if my delicate ass could sustain a faster pace....

Only about 5 hours in (I think) but loving it thus far

Though I'm still gutted about losing Joel. That's the part that pissed me off when I read the spoilers. Even before I read the leaks, I had a feeling he might get killed off, but the way he went out was brutal and I personally loved his character. In some ways I'm still pissed at myself for reading the leaks, but I also think I would have been pretty crushed/pissed if I went in cold.....

I can understand why some fans are upset with this story choice, but a sequel wouldn't exist without his death being the major catalyst. I won't spoil later sections of the game, but his death (both the lead up to it and the fall out afterwards), has so much more meaning for every character.

Tue June 30, 2020 2:29 pm

I would understand being upset with the story choices if they weren't justified and done well. The characters' motivations are all extremely understandable.

Tue June 30, 2020 2:50 pm

tree_ wrote:I would understand being upset with the story choices if they weren't justified and done well. The characters' motivations are all extremely understandable.

This. A great reminder of why a plot synopsis never tells the full story for anything.

Tue June 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Agree 100%, yet another reason why I need to pick up the pace a bit. I'm loving the game thus far, just 5 hours in. Trying to keep faith in how the story will unfold!

Tue June 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Ok, I have a new favorite part of this game.

Wed July 01, 2020 2:36 am

The first 15 hours of this game did not fully prepare me for the traumatic brutality of the final few hours, and that’s really saying something.

Wed July 01, 2020 3:05 am

Ellie’s journey in this game is captured in the first two lines of Future Days. If I ever was to lose you, I’d surely lose myself. She loses Joel, and for a log while...she does. I sincerely hope they deliver a third installment

Wed July 01, 2020 3:48 am

McParadigm wrote:The first 15 hours of this game did not fully prepare me for the traumatic brutality of the final few hours, and that’s really saying something.

Oh buddy, I think I am close to that point.

Wed July 01, 2020 4:31 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
McParadigm wrote:The first 15 hours of this game did not fully prepare me for the traumatic brutality of the final few hours, and that’s really saying something.

Curious now what your new favorite part is

Wed July 01, 2020 9:06 am

McParadigm wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Curious now what your new favorite part is

viewtopic.php?f=41&p=1560105#p1560105

Wed July 01, 2020 10:16 pm

Is this the best Resident Evil game of all time?

Thu July 02, 2020 2:28 am

It’s the best “several” games of all time. Including Mario... cause she can jump now.

Thu July 02, 2020 4:17 am

It's certainly the best drawer/cabinet opening game I've ever played.
Post a reply