The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Last of Us Part II
PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
Reveal Trailer



Teaser Trailer



Gameplay Trailer




Latest Trailer



Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Mon April 27, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
thanks dawg


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 12:48 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 1323
Yeaaaaaaah buddy, this one definitely warrants its own thread. Reveal trailer really does look amazing. This puppy is on two discs as well (like RDR2) so hopefully this is one has a pretty massive single player campaign.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 12:42 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 982
can't fuckin wait


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
I'm really trying to keep my expectations tempered, but I can truly say the original is one of the most impactful pieces of art I've experienced in my adult life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 982
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm really trying to keep my expectations tempered, but I can truly say the original is one of the most impactful pieces of art I've experienced in my adult life.

i can agree with that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
The sound design for the clickers is so terrifying.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The sound design for the clickers is so terrifying.

Yep very much so.




I’ve never played the second installment with Ellie in the mall :-(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The sound design for the clickers is so terrifying.

Yep very much so.

I’ve never played the second installment with Ellie in the mall :-(


You absolutely should.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
I did start it way back when I finished TLOU, but I put it down intending to return to it later, then never did. I’ll dowbload it again and start from the beginning.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
I did start it way back when I finished TLOU, but I put it down intending to return to it later, then never did. I’ll dowbload it again and start from the beginning.


I recommend playing it on the hardest or second hardest difficulty setting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
I believe I did second hardest with TLOU and that was sort of perfect


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
I believe I did second hardest with TLOU and that was sort of perfect


It really emphasizes the survival/horror elements and encourages creativity. Good work.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I believe I did second hardest with TLOU and that was sort of perfect


It really emphasizes the survival/horror elements and encourages creativity. Good work.

It also encouraged me to AVOID a lot of situations altogether. Which maybe sounds boring in print, but was absolutely thrilling considering how great the story and atmosphere are. I’ve never felt so on the edge of my seat from a game as when I was trying to sneak across a wide open space, with that dang clacking all around me. I’m


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I believe I did second hardest with TLOU and that was sort of perfect


It really emphasizes the survival/horror elements and encourages creativity. Good work.

It also encouraged me to AVOID a lot of situations altogether. Which maybe sounds boring in print, but was absolutely thrilling considering how great the story and atmosphere are. I’ve never felt so on the edge of my seat from a game as when I was trying to sneak across a wide open space, with that dang clacking all around me. I’m


Exactly. It also forces you to be conservative with you ammo. Often, you are left with melee weapons, bricks, and your fists to fend off human NPCs. Makes it a much more grounded, visceral experience.

I wonder how the difficulty will compare in this new game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
You mentioned something about “contextual combat” or some such a few posts back? What do you mean by this?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23123
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
You mentioned something about “contextual combat” or some such a few posts back? What do you mean by this?


In the gameplay videos released so far, Ellie ducks and dodges melee attacks from different angles in a variety of ways. There is some speculation about whether these dodges are controlled with different inputs or if it just a single dodge button. It looks so smooth.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36760
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
You mentioned something about “contextual combat” or some such a few posts back? What do you mean by this?


In the gameplay videos released so far, Ellie ducks and dodges melee attacks from different angles in a variety of ways. There is some speculation about whether these dodges are controlled with different inputs or if it just a single dodge button. It looks so smooth.

Oh sweet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2388
Btw, the First game Will be avaliable for Free on PSN plus next month

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Last of Us Part II (February 21, 2020)
PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 1:20 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 1323
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm really trying to keep my expectations tempered, but I can truly say the original is one of the most impactful pieces of art I've experienced in my adult life.


Truth. Very few games have made my jaw drop in awe, let alone had me so into the narrative that I couldn't put the controller down.

Looks like there's another media event tomorrow where journalists will get to play 'two levels' then post impressions later (or something). I'm really going to have to maintain some willpower to avoid too much info. Even the reveal trailer was a bit much.

Also agree, if you can play on a harder difficulty setting, it's way more riveting. I've never scoured so hard in a video game for supplies.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 04, 2020 11:18 am