The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:59 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


There's a run in Ashina Outskirts after you kill the Divine Dragon where I can get about 30 percent of the bar filled in about 2 minutes. I know the spawn point you're thinking of too.

Have you started your NG+ yet?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


There's a run in Ashina Outskirts after you kill the Divine Dragon where I can get about 30 percent of the bar filled in about 2 minutes. I know the spawn point you're thinking of too.

Have you started your NG+ yet?
Yeah. I'm stuck on lightning man again. I can't even make it to the lightning phase this time :roll:
played a little bit of RDR2 online last night... it's really hard to get into it.. turds kept murdering me so I turned it off and watched Twin Peaks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:03 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


There's a run in Ashina Outskirts after you kill the Divine Dragon where I can get about 30 percent of the bar filled in about 2 minutes. I know the spawn point you're thinking of too.

Have you started your NG+ yet?
Yeah. I'm stuck on lightning man again. I can't even make it to the lightning phase this time :roll:


That might be my favorite boss fight in the game. That or the final boss.

Just bait him into the thrust so you can counter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


There's a run in Ashina Outskirts after you kill the Divine Dragon where I can get about 30 percent of the bar filled in about 2 minutes. I know the spawn point you're thinking of too.

Have you started your NG+ yet?
Yeah. I'm stuck on lightning man again. I can't even make it to the lightning phase this time :roll:


That might be my favorite boss fight in the game. That or the final boss.

Just bait him into the thrust so you can counter.
How do you bait him into the thrust?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man, farming skill points is a grind. Just need 9 more to buy all the skills.
To get shadow rush, I kept killing the guy with the spear near what was my 'final' boss. How do you farm?


There's a run in Ashina Outskirts after you kill the Divine Dragon where I can get about 30 percent of the bar filled in about 2 minutes. I know the spawn point you're thinking of too.

Have you started your NG+ yet?
Yeah. I'm stuck on lightning man again. I can't even make it to the lightning phase this time :roll:


That might be my favorite boss fight in the game. That or the final boss.

Just bait him into the thrust so you can counter.
How do you bait him into the thrust?


Stay close to him and block everything until he does it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Well I beat Genichiro and the Ape boss both times. Making progress!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
Platinum trophy achieved.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Platinum trophy achieved.
Congratulations, WOW! Are you done playing the game then for a while?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Platinum trophy achieved.
Congratulations, WOW! Are you done playing the game then for a while?


Yes. Will bust it out for NG++ in a year or two probably, similar to Bloodborne.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Got on quite a roll last night. Learning that a well-timed dodge to their side with some of their attacks is a real efficient way to beat some of these bosses. Chose the other path this time and am now on Owl Man. Looking forward to beating him tonight as my wife watches Bachelorette. I used to hate Bachelor and Bachelorette but I love how it frees me up to do as I please, and it's often a damn long show.


Last edited by tree_ on Mon May 20, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Got on quite a roll last night. Learning that timing a dodge to their side as they attack is a real efficient way to beat some of these bosses. Chose the other path this time and am now on Owl Man. Looking forward to beating him tonight as my wife watches Bachelorette. I used to hate Bachelor and Bachelorette but I love how it frees me up to do as I please, and it's a damn long show.


Is this the first time facing him?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Got on quite a roll last night. Learning that timing a dodge to their side as they attack is a real efficient way to beat some of these bosses. Chose the other path this time and am now on Owl Man. Looking forward to beating him tonight as my wife watches Bachelorette. I used to hate Bachelor and Bachelorette but I love how it frees me up to do as I please, and it's a damn long show.


Is this the first time facing him?
Yes, sir.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:58 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Got on quite a roll last night. Learning that timing a dodge to their side as they attack is a real efficient way to beat some of these bosses. Chose the other path this time and am now on Owl Man. Looking forward to beating him tonight as my wife watches Bachelorette. I used to hate Bachelor and Bachelorette but I love how it frees me up to do as I please, and it's a damn long show.


Is this the first time facing him?
Yes, sir.


He's a fun one. That arena is my favorite because it is just you and the boss, no other distractions/obstacles.

Spoiler: show
His second encounter is probably the most difficult boss in the game (and it is purely optional).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
That's cool but I really wish you hadn't ruined it for me. I didn't know I would be able to face him again. I also like the style of arena, but you'd think they could've changed it up a bit. This must be like the 4th boss I'm facing in it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:02 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
That's cool but I really wish you hadn't ruined it for me. I didn't know I would be able to face him again. I also like the style of arena, but you'd think they could've changed it up a bit. This must be like the 4th boss I'm facing in it.


I put it in spoilers. :?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
That's cool but I really wish you hadn't ruined it for me. I didn't know I would be able to face him again. I also like the style of arena, but you'd think they could've changed it up a bit. This must be like the 4th boss I'm facing in it.


I put it in spoilers. :?
I thought that was for the sake of other posters... it was addressed to me... it's okay I forgive you pal ..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
That's cool but I really wish you hadn't ruined it for me. I didn't know I would be able to face him again. I also like the style of arena, but you'd think they could've changed it up a bit. This must be like the 4th boss I'm facing in it.


I put it in spoilers. :?
I thought that was for the sake of other posters... it was addressed to me... it's okay I forgive you pal ..


:heartbeat: :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
haha I must've opened a list of all the bosses several times by now and should've known it already anyway but my memory is so shitty I forgot... maybe I'll forget you even told me


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:18 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
haha I must've opened a list of all the bosses several times by now and should've known it already anyway but my memory is so shitty I forgot... maybe I'll forget you even told me


I'll never mention it again. The way to get to him is pretty convoluted.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu July 09, 2020 2:03 am