The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

???
PS1 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
PS2 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
PS3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
PS4 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
N64 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
GameCube 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Virtual Boy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
SNES 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Commodore 64 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Sega Megadrive 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
NES 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Atari 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Xbox 360 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atari 2600 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Re: What was the best system?
PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 12:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Really happy with the Xbox One X so far. At this time I would not have any other console instead, past or present. The quality is second to none in a number of important factors (like graphics, games, platform). They have fixed what I saw as the major flaws of the Xbox One when it arrived. Now there are also many Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatable, and plenty of more room to store them. Historically, there are other concerns that should be valued as well. What it meant at the time, the number of games, and that quality they provided. So it probably wouldn't win in that sense, but being the best should count for something.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 1:18 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Really happy with the Xbox One X so far. At this time I would not have any other console instead, past or present. The quality is second to none in a number of important factors (like graphics, games, platform). They have fixed what I saw as the major flaws of the Xbox One when it arrived. Now there are also many Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatable, and plenty of more room to store them. Historically, there are other concerns that should be valued as well. What it meant at the time, the number of games, and that quality they provided. So it probably wouldn't win in that sense, but being the best should count for something.

I have no doubts on the quality of the system, but for me it comes down to the games. Even with backwards compatibility Xbox is a distant third in terms of exclusives.

That being said, I'm very jealous about the power of the system. Microsoft has righted many of the mistakes they made at the beginning of this console generation.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 1:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

I have no doubts on the quality of the system, but for me it comes down to the games. Even with backwards compatibility Xbox is a distant third in terms of exclusives.

That being said, I'm very jealous about the power of the system. Microsoft has righted many of the mistakes they made at the beginning of this console generation.

I've got the Switch as well, and it's fun. However, it can't compete as a main system to the Xbox One X/Playstation 4 Pro. If the third system you are thinking about is PCs, that's different. There are always lots of games available for PC gaming, as well as high tech solutions. But I've always preferred consoles.

I could easily have bought the PS4 when I upgraded now, same price. It's the major seller in Norway, and there are usually twice as many PS4 games on the shelves here. But from my own experience, I don't think I would have been happier, or had a better playing experience. I did have some doubts about the original Xbox One vs the PS4, but those doubts are gone now with the X.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 2:17 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

I've got the Switch as well, and it's fun. However, it can't compete as a main system to the Xbox One X/Playstation 4 Pro. If the third system you are thinking about is PCs, that's different. There are always lots of games available for PC gaming, as well as high tech solutions. But I've always preferred consoles.

I could easily have bought the PS4 when I upgraded now, same price. It's the major seller in Norway, and there are usually twice as many PS4 games on the shelves here. But from my own experience, I don't think I would have been happier, or had a better playing experience. I did have some doubts about the original Xbox One vs the PS4, but those doubts are gone now with the X.

What games have you playing on the X?

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 3:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

The last game I played was Star Wars Battlefront II. Before that Battlefield 1, Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Guardians, Dirt 4, Destiny 2, Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4, Tekken 7, Fortnite and Battleground, Fable 2, Gears Of War 4, The Force Unleashed and Sid Meier's Pirates. And I've also got some other Xbox 360 games that I didn't realize was backwards compatible until now, like Halo Reach and The Orange Box.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 3:28 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

The last game I played was Star Wars Battlefront II. Before that Battlefield 1, Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Guardians, Dirt 4, Destiny 2, Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4, Tekken 7, Fortnite and Battleground, Fable 2, Gears Of War 4, The Force Unleashed and Sid Meier's Pirates. And I've also got some other Xbox 360 games that I didn't realize was backwards compatible until now, like Halo Reach and The Orange Box.

Pretty good list there.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 5:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

Pretty good list there.

Agreed. I ordered a 4tb game drive last week, so can hopefully add to the list. My girlfriend will be on a one month holiday without me soon, so that should give me enough time to play a bit.

Last edited by Anders on Mon December 03, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 5:55 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

Pretty good list there.

Agreed. I ordered a 4tb game drive last week, so can hopefully add to the list. My girlfriend will be on a one month holiday without me soon, so that should give me enough time to play a bt.

That's the dream right there. My wife is going on a weeklong work thing in March and I'm already making plans.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

Pretty good list there.

Agreed. I ordered a 4tb game drive last week, so can hopefully add to the list. My girlfriend will be on a one month holiday without me soon, so that should give me enough time to play a bt.

That's the dream right there. My wife is going on a weeklong work thing in March and I'm already making plans.

Yes, haha. I’ll miss her a lot, but there’s also work, Christmas, New Year, friends and other stuff. I’ll also have some family visiting over the holidays. But extra gaming has been a bonus I’ve thought about recently.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:10 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:

Pretty good list there.

Yes, haha. I’ll miss her a lot, but there’s also work, Christmas, New Year, friends and other stuff. I’ll also have some family visiting over the holidays. But extra gaming has been a bonus I’ve thought about recently.

Other people are overrated. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:23 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

N64 followed by SNES and NES.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:42 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:46 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 8:57 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Gross.

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 9:04 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Gross.

Sad

PostPosted: Mon December 03, 2018 10:16 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I know I had a PS1 but I can't remember anything about it. The only two games that I remember on the PS2 outside of sports games was Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb and Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds. I have fond memories of those games but I'm not confident enough in my memory of them to call them good. I played a ton of PS3 and hardly any PS4 outside of Uncharted so I guess out of the Sony world I'd choose PS3.

I had a NES then no Nintendo till the Gamecube which I loved. I have a Wii, WiiU and Switch but those mostly belong to the kids so I'll say Gamecube for Nintendo.

Sega I had the Megadrive only. I loved that.

Old school I had a couple Ataris....trying to remember I think I liked 2600 the best.

I probably spent the most time with PS3 so I guess I'll say that one? I don't know. I'm trying but I don't really have an opinion.

PostPosted: Tue December 04, 2018 5:08 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Playstation 2 and it isn't even close.

PostPosted: Tue December 04, 2018 5:17 am 
Production Police

whoa bada I never knew there was in Indiana Jones game for PS2, but I loved the earlier LucasArts games

PostPosted: Tue December 04, 2018 4:00 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

It was buggy but fun.

PostPosted: Tue December 04, 2018 4:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Personally, I'll have to say PS3--the amount of time I logged from 2013-2016 on that machine was insane. I have a PS4 but I have barely scratched the surface of what the system can do. I have great memories of my NES, Genesis, and even my Game Boy, but the memories of just getting lost in PS3 games is so much fresher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games