Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Next-Gen Consoles (Coming 2020-ish)

Wed September 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:Isn’t the Cyberpunk release just forwards compatible? I think they said the next gen official update won’t be ready until next year.

Looks like media got their hands on the Series X today. It’s weird how little we actually know about these consoles.

This is correct.

I'm out (for now). Wasn't this game delayed for the partial purpose of becoming a launch title for next gen?

That's the conspiracy, yes.

For the record, "forwards compatible" is one of the all-time shittiest ideas in the history of video games. What a crock. I am not on board.

Thu September 24, 2020 11:07 am

CopperTom wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Even though I could afford one, I don't like buying the first release of a next gen console. It's the most expensive model, and as history dictates, the most prone to faults/issues.

I like to wait about 12 months or so until they've nutted out the issues and the price drops. By that point the range of games is decent too.

Only the first gen 360s had hardware (heatsink) issues - and that wasn't even isolated to launch systems. The general idea that launch consoles are less superior is an old wives tale.

Right back to the original PS1 had overheating issues. PS4/XBone had issues with day one consoles (noisy fans, random shutdowns, etc. Blue/orange light of death), even the switch had joycon issues and physical warping of the entire unit.

While not as widespread as the 360 RROD, I'm happy to wait.

Plus there are alledged leaks that there are already issues with the design of the PS5 but it's too late to fix before launch.

I don’t recall the PS1 issue. I’m guessing the PS4 / X1 issue was patched. Drift was not isolated to launch units. The base warped, not the unit - again, not isolated to launch units.

I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. I have Day 1 units for every system from N64 to the present. All are still kicking except XBOX and XBOX 360.

Fiiiiine, I'll buy a day 1 console because you told me I had to.

Be it on your head. One single fault and I'm going to write a stern 'I told you so' post on this board cussing you out.

Thu September 24, 2020 1:12 pm

sounds great sarge

someone please explain forwards compatibility and why it's thought to be a load of crock

Thu September 24, 2020 10:05 pm

tree_ wrote:sounds great sarge

someone please explain forwards compatibility and why it's thought to be a load of crock

It means that your PS4 game will play on your PS5. It's the video game marketing machine trying something new.

Thu September 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Rumor: GameStop preorders for PS5 at some stores and online tomorrow.

Thu September 24, 2020 10:57 pm

CopperTom wrote:It's the video game marketing machine trying something new.

Surely that's sarcasm?

Thu September 24, 2020 11:53 pm

CopperTom wrote:

It means that your PS4 game will play on your PS5. It's the video game marketing machine trying something new.

So why will older PS4 games work but newer not?

Fri September 25, 2020 12:09 am

CopperTom wrote:

Backwards compatibility is the past. Welcome to forward compatibility!

Fri September 25, 2020 12:43 am

Yeah, but it ain't a new thing. The ps2 could play the entire ps1 catalogue. It even had a setting or 2 to improve/smooth the graphics.

Fri September 25, 2020 12:45 am

I probably played just as many Gamecube games on the Wii as games designed for the system. They were really cheap at that point.

Fri September 25, 2020 3:49 pm

CopperTom wrote:Rumor: GameStop preorders for PS5 at some stores and online tomorrow.

Available now

Fri September 25, 2020 4:29 pm

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:Rumor: GameStop preorders for PS5 at some stores and online tomorrow.

Available now
been trying for over an hour. not available

Fri September 25, 2020 4:32 pm

tree_ wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Available now
been trying for over an hour. not available

I got through the queue. But it then said sold out.

Fri September 25, 2020 4:38 pm

same

Fri September 25, 2020 5:12 pm

have been refreshing over and over again and now i'm back in line with a different "in line" page,

"we are excited for your interest in the ps5, we want to ensure you have the best experience in purchasing ps5, please relax and don't refresh... to join us in the exciting event... thank for patience"

Sat September 26, 2020 12:11 am

Save yourselves some time. Just bloody walk into a store a couple of days after release, and buy one off the shelf.

Sat September 26, 2020 12:31 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Save yourselves some time. Just bloody walk into a store a couple of days after release, and buy one off the shelf.

I'm not sure this will be possible until early 2021. You can't even readily find current consoles in stores.

Sat September 26, 2020 10:10 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Save yourselves some time. Just bloody walk into a store a couple of days after release, and buy one off the shelf.

:facepalm: These suckers won’t last on shelves for more than a few minutes. Maybe you’ll see them sometime after the holidays.

Sat September 26, 2020 11:31 am

I just upgraded my pc and Cold War is out in November, so that should keep me going. :thumbsup:

Mon September 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Lots of hands on stuff out today for the Series X. Sounds like embargo isn’t up on everything, though.
Post a reply