Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Next-Gen Consoles (Coming 2020-ish)

Fri July 24, 2020 3:02 pm

I have yet to see anything from either Sony or Microsoft that feels like a must have. Nintendo switch is still the system to beat for this user who is contemplating another purchase

Fri July 24, 2020 3:17 pm

You will eventually fall under the spell of the marketing machine to upgrade. What will it take? Rocket League in 8k?

Fri July 24, 2020 3:17 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I have yet to see anything from either Sony or Microsoft that feels like a must have. Nintendo switch is still the system to beat for this user who is contemplating another purchase

Yeah I would say neither of them have shown me I need a console at launch. After that, we’ll see. The only one I really want to play is Halo Infinite but I can do that on my Xbox One.

Fri July 24, 2020 3:23 pm

scrub12 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:I have yet to see anything from either Sony or Microsoft that feels like a must have. Nintendo switch is still the system to beat for this user who is contemplating another purchase

Yeah I would say neither of them have shown me I need a console at launch. After that, we’ll see. The only one I really want to play is Halo Infinite but I can do that on my Xbox One.

Isn't that almost always the case? The PS4 has arguably one of the best libraries of any console of all time, but it didn't really get going until 2015 or so.

Fri July 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
scrub12 wrote:

Isn't that almost always the case? The PS4 has arguably one of the best libraries of any console of all time, but it didn't really get going until 2015 or so.

Sure, but they’re trying to sell you need it right away (especially PS5, since they want to separate generations) and right now, nothing shown is selling me on it.

Fri July 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Do we know what PS4 games are going to be compatible with PS5? That some already beautiful games like RDRII, GOW, LOUII, and Sekiro are playable and upgraded on PS5 is enough for me to get it ASAP.

Also 4K blu ray player. 4K OUATIH is waiting.

Fri July 24, 2020 3:59 pm

tree_ wrote:Do we know what PS4 games are going to be compatible with PS5? That some already beautiful games like RDRII, GOW, LOUII, and Sekiro are playable and upgraded on PS5 is enough for me to get it ASAP.

"Most"

Fri July 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Do we know if they are going to look and run better? I assume so.

Fri July 24, 2020 4:08 pm

tree_ wrote:Do we know if they are going to look and run better? I assume so.

That is the assumption, though it will likely fall on the developers to release a full blown patch to maximize the upgrade in hardware. I imagine it will be similar to the jump from the base PS4 to the Pro for these older titles. I'm sure they will have announcement of how exactly it will work later this year. It will surely be confusing.

Fri July 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Playstation has not been very clear at all about what’s compatible or will be at launch. They said the most popular games will be but nothing has really been made official. Maybe that gets detailed when we finally get launch dates, etc.

Fri July 24, 2020 7:10 pm

tree_ wrote:Do we know what PS4 games are going to be compatible with PS5? That some already beautiful games like RDRII, GOW, LOUII, and Sekiro are playable and upgraded on PS5 is enough for me to get it ASAP.

100% agree, in fact I'm already hoping for a 'remastered' version or 'patch' to Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 so it looks more like the 2018 gameplay premier rather than the downgraded (but still gorgeous) version we just got for PS4. I'm also assuming that for all of the above mentioned games, PS5 could probably handle 60FPS if not higher in 4K.

They can take my money, no-brainer Day 1 purchase for me. Though I do agree (if previous gen's are any indication) with all that the next gen games don't really hit their stride on the new hardware until 1-2 years in. Horizon and new Ratchet games are the only ones that have really wowed me thus far from the limited amount of footage we've seen.

Fri July 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Revelator wrote:

100% agree, in fact I'm already hoping for a 'remastered' version or 'patch' to Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 so it looks more like the 2018 gameplay premier rather than the downgraded (but still gorgeous) version we just got for PS4. I'm also assuming that for all of the above mentioned games, PS5 could probably handle 60FPS if not higher in 4K.

They can take my money, no-brainer Day 1 purchase for me. Though I do agree (if previous gen's are any indication) with all that the next gen games don't really hit their stride on the new hardware until 1-2 years in. Horizon and new Ratchet games are the only ones that have really wowed me thus far from the limited amount of footage we've seen.

Have you actually played Ghost? I've been playing it this week. It is incredibly beautiful.

Fri July 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Have you actually played Ghost? I've been playing it this week. It is incredibly beautiful.

I did though only briefly so far, and you're right it is beautiful, I'm just being nit-picky.

This story also spurred my dipshit graphics comments 8-)
https://www.ign.com/videos/ghost-of-tsu ... comparison

Wed July 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Next PS5 event is August 6 at 4:00 PM. Rumor: It will focus on 3rd party games.

Thu July 30, 2020 12:56 am

I assume Call of Duty heavy. This is definitely the longest we’ve gone into the year without a confirmation on the game, although the leaks are out there.

Tue August 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Free online play would be clutch.

Tue August 04, 2020 8:06 pm

scrub12 wrote:

Free online play would be clutch.

It would make sense if they are lumping everything into Game Pass. I saw GamePass is coming to Android devices too. Good moves Microsoft!

Tue August 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Whoah

Tue August 11, 2020 7:41 pm

crazy!

Tue August 11, 2020 7:44 pm

Now, will Insomniac actually release Spider-Man: Miles Morales as a launch title for the PS5 this Fall?
Post a reply