Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

An Arrow to the Knee: The Official Elder Scrolls Thread

Wed July 04, 2018 9:22 am

A thread for all things Elder Scrolls--past, present, and future.

Quick question for people who might know: is Skyrim on PS4 worth a buy if you've already logged 100+ ours on PS3? There's a deal on the PSN store where it'd basically be $10 this week.

Re: An Arrow to the Knee: The Official Elder Scrolls Thread

Wed July 04, 2018 9:39 am

Is the Special Edition version? If so, get it. I bought it at 25 and was still a great deal.

Wed July 04, 2018 12:19 pm

The mod support alone makes it worth it on the PS4, even though it's totally gimped on that system. The improved visuals are nice too. For $10 it's a no-brainer if you have the time to put into it.

Wed July 04, 2018 1:59 pm

I've never played it. I guess I should.

Thu July 05, 2018 2:23 am

These games are excruciatingly boring to me. I think multiplayer gaming + Dark Souls has ruined games for me. Feels bad, man.

Thu July 05, 2018 4:53 am

I liked Skyrim for a while and then lost interest. Just got really samey after a while. But I didn't regret buying it for cheap, I might revisit it sometime soon just to do the main campaign.

Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 pm

2 days late, but:

Tue July 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Quick question for people who might know: is Skyrim on PS4 worth a buy if you've already logged 100+ ours on PS3? There's a deal on the PSN store where it'd basically be $10 this week.

I made this initial post almost 3 years ago, and this past weekend was the first time I actually loaded up Skyrim on my PS4--just sort of bored and looking for a game that I can waste some hours in. The improvement in load time and frame rates makes this almost a completely different game; I remember my PS3 Slim choking along to get through nearly every scene and taking 3-5 minutes with every load screen. This version on PS4 is smooth as silk. Probably going to put in more time than I thought I would.
Post a reply