The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?
Yeah. I loved Link to The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and then didn't play any til Breath of The Wild, which I also loved. I think I'll play Link to The Past next and see if it holds up for me. I guess you're implying Link's Awakening is a typical Zelda game. You might be right. Maybe my tastes have changed or I grew tired of the formula. We'll see.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23152
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?
Yeah. I loved Link to The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and then didn't play any til Breath of The Wild, which I also loved. I think I'll play Link to The Past next and see if it holds up for me. I guess you're implying Link's Awakening is a typical Zelda game. You might be right. Maybe my tastes have changed or I grew tired of the formula. We'll see.


Just curious. I've been reluctant to pick it up for the price too, but I really try to not judge games based solely on hours played/cost.

Link's Awakening holds up really well, especially with save states.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?
Yeah. I loved Link to The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and then didn't play any til Breath of The Wild, which I also loved. I think I'll play Link to The Past next and see if it holds up for me. I guess you're implying Link's Awakening is a typical Zelda game. You might be right. Maybe my tastes have changed or I grew tired of the formula. We'll see.


Just curious. I've been reluctant to pick it up for the price too, but I really try to not judge games based solely on hours played/cost.

Link's Awakening holds up really well, especially with save states.
I'm not judging it on hours played. It didn't feel worth the price. It just didn't really grab me. I never felt very invested in the story or anything. I just started Link to The Past again and I already like this a lot more.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Fri April 24, 2020 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11541
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?
Yeah. I loved Link to The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and then didn't play any til Breath of The Wild, which I also loved. I think I'll play Link to The Past next and see if it holds up for me. I guess you're implying Link's Awakening is a typical Zelda game. You might be right. Maybe my tastes have changed or I grew tired of the formula. We'll see.


Just curious. I've been reluctant to pick it up for the price too, but I really try to not judge games based solely on hours played/cost.

Link's Awakening holds up really well, especially with save states.
I'm not judging it on hours played. It didn't feel worth the price. It just didn't really grab me. I never felt very invested in the story or anything. I just started Link to The Past again and I already like this a lot more.


As I said earlier in this thread, it is by far the shortest and easiest core Zelda game. Dungeon Builder was a bit of a disappointment. Still a must play for a Zelda fan.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Fri April 24, 2020 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3080
I'd love to play awakening but not for 60


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Fri April 24, 2020 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
i got bugs wrote:
I'd love to play awakening but not for 60
I'll send it to you if you have an intriguing game to trade.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Fri April 24, 2020 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3080
tree_ wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
I'd love to play awakening but not for 60
I'll send it to you if you have an intriguing game to trade.


Smash is the only physical game I own

I have games from other systems but nothing really new


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun April 26, 2020 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
i got bugs wrote:
tree_ wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
I'd love to play awakening but not for 60
I'll send it to you if you have an intriguing game to trade.


Smash is the only physical game I own

I have games from other systems but nothing really new

What PS4 games do you have?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun April 26, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3080
tree_ wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
tree_ wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
I'd love to play awakening but not for 60
I'll send it to you if you have an intriguing game to trade.


Smash is the only physical game I own

I have games from other systems but nothing really new

What PS4 games do you have?


Physical.. God of war, everybody's golf, and an old version of the show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun April 26, 2020 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I'd consider trading for smash Bros


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun April 26, 2020 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3080
Let me know, I don't really play it.. shoot a pm


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry




Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3080
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch. Underwhelmed. It was OK but not worth 60 dollars.


Separate the price, was it fun? Did you enjoy your experience?
It was somewhat fun. Boss fights were too easy. Puzzles were challenging at times. Some of it felt unnecessarily laborious.

Feels like a game boy game. The high reviews convinced me to buy it. I guess people are nostalgic for the original and the new update excited them. I never played the original.


Do you generally like Zelda games?


Kinda agree.. easy isn't the word when it comes to boss fights.. like I demolished every boss instantly except for the end guy because I wasn't sure how to harm him at first (when I found out I crushed him too)

There were some cool puzzles that took me a little to figure out but nothing too terrible

It didn't feel laborious at all.. I liked the searching part


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11541
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Dan Mumford, who has created several Pearl Jam posters throughout the years, is releasing a Zelda print. You need to preorder now: https://nineteeneightyeight.com/product ... 7028110395

Image

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun June 21, 2020 5:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 3149
Location: The In Between
At 119 shrines. Ugh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun June 21, 2020 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 3149
Location: The In Between
daft twat wrote:
At 119 shrines. Ugh.


It wound up being a major test of strength I discovered early, had my ass kicked at, and then fucked off and forgot about. I got the bike last week. There are probably 30 side quests I could do, but other than outfit upgrades and korok seeds, I guess I’m done. I could never do the master sword thing where you fight for 50 levels. And really, why bother at this point anyway? I wish the game wasn’t so backloaded with shit. It’’d be nice to have stuff along the way.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun June 21, 2020 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 55716
Location: Sector 7-G
Yeah they could have incorporated more "side quest" type things that you need to complete in order to eventually beat Ganon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun June 21, 2020 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11541
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
There’s also the medals for beating every Hinox, Talus and Maldruga .

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun June 21, 2020 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 55716
Location: Sector 7-G
molduga


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu July 09, 2020 2:59 am