The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:05 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Over this long weekend, I finished visiting all the towers and stables, unlocked all 4 great fairy fountains, found the Champions Leathers and fully upgraded it, completed the Master Sword quest (but didn't grab the sword so I can farm the shit out of it).

107 Shrines completed and fully cleared.
33 Lightroots
258 Koroks
75 hours.

Good job.

I’ve done about 70 hours and done none of that haha!

Yeah i'm in the same boat. Around 65 hours now. I still haven't even cleared 6 of the skyview towers yet (all on the lower part of the map). I've done 2 of the temples (wind & fire). I just keep wandering around and letting myself get distracted by shiny things.

59 shrines
17 lightroots
59 koroks

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:31 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

mf wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Over this long weekend, I finished visiting all the towers and stables, unlocked all 4 great fairy fountains, found the Champions Leathers and fully upgraded it, completed the Master Sword quest (but didn't grab the sword so I can farm the shit out of it).

107 Shrines completed and fully cleared.
33 Lightroots
258 Koroks
75 hours.

Good job.

I’ve done about 70 hours and done none of that haha!

Yeah i'm in the same boat. Around 65 hours now. I still haven't even cleared 6 of the skyview towers yet (all on the lower part of the map). I've done 2 of the temples (wind & fire). I just keep wandering around and letting myself get distracted by shiny things.

59 shrines
17 lightroots
59 koroks

The temples are the big mission objectives right?
I did one in the sky in that big storm over the tabantha region. I was woefully unprepared for it so I’m avoiding the others.

I have unlocked all the towers tho. Running around off the map In the dark with no reference points is too much of a headfuck I had to open them all. That’s what I’ve spent most of my play doing. I’ve gotta focus n start collecting koroks. I’m bored getting my ass kicked cos I’ve no weapons.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:35 pm 

** I did find the big horse! That was cool. No idea what to do with it now I like running around rather than riding. But hopefully he comes in useful at some point

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:39 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
** I did find the big horse! That was cool. No idea what to do with it now I like running around rather than riding. But hopefully he comes in useful at some point

I found him too and goldie. Is there only one big horse?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I did one in the sky in that big storm over the tabantha region. I was woefully unprepared for it so I’m avoiding the others.

Yeah its the 4 from that "Regional Phenomenon" main quest. I did that Tabantha one fairly early on and didn't feel outclassed. The boss on that one didn't do a lot of damage it was more figuring out how to maneuver in the air and dive that I found tricky.

dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m bored getting my ass kicked cos I’ve no weapons.

I haven't really felt underpowered anywhere in the game yet except against the Gleeoks. This might be a dumb question, but are you fusing materials to the weapons you do find? Cause that's how you increase damage and durability.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 3:50 pm 
Champion of RM

tree_ wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I found him too and goldie. Is there only one big horse?

I think there's at least 2. The white stallion that is referenced by many NPCs - found
Spoiler: show
where the horse fairy was in BotW.
. And a horse that belongs / belonged to Ganondorf - I haven't seen that one yet though. You need one of the large horses to complete a Shrine quest.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Dime, you gotta be fusing stuff to your weapons. They become stronger and last longer. Literally anything. But especially stuff that constructs drop, those construct horns, etc. And attach bombs or bokoblin horns to arrows. Makes them way more deadly.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

mf wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah its the 4 from that "Regional Phenomenon" main quest. I did that Tabantha one fairly early on and didn't feel outclassed. The boss on that one didn't do a lot of damage it was more figuring out how to maneuver in the air and dive that I found tricky.

dimejinky99 wrote:

I haven't really felt underpowered anywhere in the game yet except against the Gleeoks. This might be a dumb question, but are you fusing materials to the weapons you do find? Cause that's how you increase damage and durability.

I'm not sure the point of fighting anyone

Best case scenario it's just a weapon swap because yours break n you just pick up what they have.. you get a couple monster parts in the process but whatever

I have 6 hearts n half of these guys take me out in 1 shot

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Again, fuse shit to your weapons. Two big pointers for some of you - this game is simple but only if you use all of your abilities. If you are just running around and not using what powers Link has, you'll have a hard time fighting. I attached a Construct III battery to a sword and that along with the Fierce Deity outfit allowed me to beat Phantom Ganon in the Great Deku Tree with like 5 hits.

Second, I know it can be tedious, but make sure when you pick up something new, get a new ability/weapon, talk to someone, READ what they say or what the description says. You'll learn a lot more about what to do if you do that instead of mashing "A" repeatedly to get through it.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:58 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Again, fuse shit to your weapons. Two big pointers for some of you - this game is simple but only if you use all of your abilities. If you are just running around and not using what powers Link has, you'll have a hard time fighting. I attached a Construct III battery to a sword and that along with the Fierce Deity outfit allowed me to beat Phantom Ganon in the Great Deku Tree with like 5 hits.

Second, I know it can be tedious, but make sure when you pick up something new, get a new ability/weapon, talk to someone, READ what they say or what the description says. You'll learn a lot more about what to do if you do that instead of mashing "A" repeatedly to get through it.

Exactly - any of these things added to a generic drop will make a 30+ damage weapon that lasts probably 2-3x longer before breaking. You should be able to 1 hit low level enemies and 2-3 hit higher ones. Sort your materials by Fuse attack power and you'll see what you've got to work with.
Horns from higher level enemies (stalnox, black hinox, black moblin, constructs, flux constructs, etc)
diamond (adds +25 to any weapon)
ruby, topaz, opal gems (adds elemental damage - fire, shock, water)

Also upgrade your armor at the great fairy fountains. The standard soldier armor doesn't cost much in materials to go up a level and then you're walking around with +30 armor.

Learn how to block and parry with your shield. If using a one handed weapon it's a great way to get out of a bind once you get the hang of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:06 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Oh, and once you find something good don't let it break if you don't have the materials on hand to make another. Go to an octorok and they can repair and even improve it. They seem to add a random buff to items.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:29 pm 
Champion of RM

Are there any fuses that improve swing speed?

I'm a fan of halberd fused with halberd. You can hit them from a mile away.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

Where are the octoroks at?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:44 pm 
Champion of RM

i got bugs wrote:

Around bodies of water mostly. Some appear in the woods or mountains too.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:47 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Around bodies of water mostly. Some appear in the woods or mountains too.

Is it all octoroks or just the rock variety that fix up weapons? There's a bunch of the rock kind near death mountain.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:24 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dime, you gotta be fusing stuff to your weapons. They become stronger and last longer. Literally anything. But especially stuff that constructs drop, those construct horns, etc. And attach bombs or bokoblin horns to arrows. Makes them way more deadly.

Doing that alright. Even the basic boblikins seem far tougher in this thought and take ages to kill. I could be doing something wrong tho.

Just found myself in hebra. Christ even finding shrines up here is a chore. The sensor is going crazy and nope. And It’s so dark. I’ve turned the contrast on the tv up a lot just to help.

Spent too long up here I’m going Somehwere sunny next. Hebra can go rot

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:25 pm 

i got bugs wrote:
mf wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

dimejinky99 wrote:

I'm not sure the point of fighting anyone

Best case scenario it's just a weapon swap because yours break n you just pick up what they have.. you get a couple monster parts in the process but whatever

I have 6 hearts n half of these guys take me out in 1 shot

Same. I e just been running past them especially if they’re in groups. When they’re on horseback it’s easy.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:38 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Doing that alright. Even the basic boblikins seem far tougher in this thought and take ages to kill. I could be doing something wrong tho.

Just found myself in hebra. Christ even finding shrines up here is a chore. The sensor is going crazy and nope. And It’s so dark. I’ve turned the contrast on the tv up a lot just to help.

If you have the shrine sensor, pay attention to what it says. When you are close, it will say "shrine below" which means it is in a cave.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:47 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

If you have the shrine sensor, pay attention to what it says. When you are close, it will say "shrine below" which means it is in a cave.

Yeah I got that. It doesn’t help much up that way though :)
Found this particular one eventually. It was nowhere near where the sensor was going crazy. A good long ways off (sensor stops beeping) and into a cave and work back. You’ll know the one.

We should rank the shrines when we’re all done. By difficulty. Do a league table.
They’re mostly all east enough so far but some of them are gruelling. I’ve walked out if at least 4 or 5. They can wait.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:13 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

How do you get the Shine Sensor? I'm guessing that the Shrines that I'm missing are the ones in caves. I think I need that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 111  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games