The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 9:37 pm 
Champion of RM

daft twat wrote:
Today I finished the tedious journey of upgrading all clothing. Holy shit!

Good for you! I skipped that. I only upgraded the few pieces that I actually used.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 12:52 am 
Rank This Poster

CopperTom wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Good for you! I skipped that. I only upgraded the few pieces that I actually used.

I was wrong. I somehow missed an entire outfit - Royal Guard. They’re all in rooms in Hyrule Castle I’ve been in before more than once. No idea how I never stumbled upon one piece. Anyway, I have one piece maxed out and the other two at 3 stars, but I need to collect four more fucking Gleeok guts. They’re a pain in the ass to kill, the King Gleeok’s don’t always drop guts, and then I have to wait for blood moons. Fuck.

In the meantime, I gathered the remaining Sage’s Wills. I love summoning them all when the Gleeok is down. It’s like a gang curb-stomping.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 3:29 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I don’t mind fighting gleeoks but still hate fighting lynels

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 1:07 pm 
Champion of RM

daft twat wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
daft twat wrote:

I was wrong. I somehow missed an entire outfit - Royal Guard. They’re all in rooms in Hyrule Castle I’ve been in before more than once. No idea how I never stumbled upon one piece. Anyway, I have one piece maxed out and the other two at 3 stars, but I need to collect four more fucking Gleeok guts. They’re a pain in the ass to kill, the King Gleeok’s don’t always drop guts, and then I have to wait for blood moons. Fuck.

In the meantime, I gathered the remaining Sage’s Wills. I love summoning them all when the Gleeok is down. It’s like a gang curb-stomping.

Oddly enough, the Royal Guard armor were the last pieces I acquired too.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 7:26 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I just can’t do them. They’re impossible In botw. They’re much much easier in TOTK

I sent at a silver one last night on that snowy section north gerudo cos I had two pages of 20+ meals and the bastard still kicked my add and burned through all my weapons.
Even with block and Larry they silver ones give serious damage.

Thankfully I saved right before I decided to try take him on so I just reloaded and went around him.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 11:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I just can’t do them. They’re impossible In botw. They’re much much easier in TOTK

I sent at a silver one last night on that snowy section north gerudo cos I had two pages of 20+ meals and the bastard still kicked my add and burned through all my weapons.

Thankfully I saved right before I decided to try take him on so I just reloaded and went around him.

Take on some of the lesser ones. They’re totally worth it. To me, the big secret to combat in this game is a bow that fires 3 or more arrows. Attach bomb flowers and you’re getting 3 for the price of one. Stone Taluses are done in just 2 or 3 shots.

If you have the sensor, set it to bomb flowers and run the depths for an hour. Along the way break every box by enemy mine sites to gather arrows in bunches. Then set it to ice fruit and run Hebra/Tabantha and then fire fruit and run Hyrule field and West Necluda. Having those things make fire and ice lizfalos one shot kills. When I was playing steadily, I’d spend a day farming those things and then enjoy a few days of living like I had bottomless resources. It’s really fun.

Oh, and Hinoxes. They’re easy kills and they drop royal swords and royal claymores. You’ll never be short of strong weapons if you have them. Attach Modulga jaws (super easy kills) and you’ll whoop Lynel ass.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2024 12:55 am 

daft twat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Take on some of the lesser ones. They’re totally worth it. To me, the big secret to combat in this game is a bow that fires 3 or more arrows. Attach bomb flowers and you’re getting 3 for the price of one. Stone Taluses are done in just 2 or 3 shots.

If you have the sensor, set it to bomb flowers and run the depths for an hour. Along the way break every box by enemy mine sites to gather arrows in bunches. Then set it to ice fruit and run Hebra/Tabantha and then fire fruit and run Hyrule field and West Necluda. Having those things make fire and ice lizfalos one shot kills. When I was playing steadily, I’d spend a day farming those things and then enjoy a few days of living like I had bottomless resources. It’s really fun.

Oh, and Hinoxes. They’re easy kills and they drop royal swords and royal claymores. You’ll never be short of strong weapons if you have them. Attach Modulga jaws (super easy kills) and you’ll whoop Lynel ass.

Oh I was talking about botw. I’m doing another run through.

I gave up on TOTK. It was just too much and felt like endless box ticking. but I’m gonna try it again soon.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2024 2:22 am 
mXn

dimejinky99 wrote:
endless box ticking.

Wrong thread. Here ya go: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16209

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2024 3:19 am 

Bammer wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
endless box ticking.

Wrong thread. Here ya go: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16209

You leave genocide joe alone. He barely knows he’s awake

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 2:48 am 
Rank This Poster

I never loved TotK, but walking away from it is hard. I won’t be doing the compendium or collecting the 400 plus korok I’m missing so there is really nothing left for me to do. I’m still stunned they never planned dlc for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games