The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:18 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

CopperTom wrote:
Just rebuilt Lurelin village - not as satisfying as building Tarrey Town in BotW.

Yeah but the dance at the end!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:21 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

My one issue with this game is a luxury complaint. There’s almost too much. I’m getting too distracted. I’ll be running along with a goal in mind and then get sidetracked because a fucking korok lost his friend or i just found out i only need 10 more poes for armor of the deep. I had to hand out mushrooms to a bunch of people in Hateno Village but got sidetracked now i have to remember who still needs shrooms

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:18 am 
Rank This Poster

This game might take me 5 years to complete (I'm not talking 100% I mean just regular story)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:35 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
My one issue with this game is a luxury complaint. There’s almost too much. I’m getting too distracted. I’ll be running along with a goal in mind and then get sidetracked because a fucking korok lost his friend or i just found out i only need 10 more poes for armor of the deep. I had to hand out mushrooms to a bunch of people in Hateno Village but got sidetracked now i have to remember who still needs shrooms

Absolutely

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 4:11 am 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Hot take

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:53 am 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I’d exactly the same issue with botw but that was all part of the charm.

Here? Given it’s so much bigger I can see it being a problem

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:42 am 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Absolutely

Distraction is an absolute privilege. If you ignore the distractions, you're ignoring the game's greatness.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yeah i had the same problem in Botw, and in a lot of big open world games really. It's overwhelming sometimes for sure but i like it. It's a far better system of discovery than the Ubisoft method of just littering a map with hundreds of points of interest.

It's the worst in the depths. I'll be following a path and then get sidetracked going after some poes or a lightroot, then another and next thing i know i'm completely lost and have to trace my way back to the path i was trying to follow.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:26 pm 

mf wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yeah i had the same problem in Botw, and in a lot of big open world games really. It's overwhelming sometimes for sure but i like it. It's a far better system of discovery than the Ubisoft method of just littering a map with hundreds of points of interest.

It's the worst in the depths. I'll be following a path and then get sidetracked going after some poes or a lightroot, then another and next thing i know i'm completely lost and have to trace my way back to the path i was trying to follow.

I just found my first depth thing earlier. Holy shit I love the light roots. I let the bit play each time. It’s scary af down there.

None of this helped that I’m not finding koroks at all. 7 so far. We’ll get there tho.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 4:15 pm 

I shouldn’t have played botw so close to this.

I’m not using any of the new materials or learning how to best use them and fuse them.
I was an awful hoarder in botw.
Gonna spend a couple of hours figuring out what I have and how to do it.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:10 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

63 shrines
70 korok seeds

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
I shouldn’t have played botw so close to this.

I’m not using any of the new materials or learning how to best use them and fuse them.
I was an awful hoarder in botw.
Gonna spend a couple of hours figuring out what I have and how to do it.

Once you realize that the normal weapons are "decayed" and last even less than in BotW, and you see the strength of fused weapons, you'll be using it constantly. Fuse shit to your shields, too. Like Zonai flame devices, etc. Then when an enemy hits it, it gets blasted by fire or whatever you have on there.

Do a couple of those korok challenges where you have to help him find his friend. Those usually involve building some kind of vehicle with Ultrahand. Good practice. Later in the game, you'll find the ability to recall things you made in the past, so you don't have to spend so much time building.

Ascend is great if you don't have a lot of stamina for climbing. Go stand under those fallen pieces that are on the sides of cliffs and get up that way.

I'm beginning to think the most underrated one is Recall. Not just for riding the falling blocks up to the sky, but for reversing things to get places on the ground as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:45 pm 

Ugh. I ended up getting caught up in the Rito mission. Involves lots of paragliding and a little guy helping you. Don’t be daunted by it it’s a piece of piss once you get the hang of it. But it’s never ending up and up and up and up. And Ascend is your friend 70% of the time.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:49 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yeah that one was fun

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:47 pm 

I was able to get all of the Yiga armor and infiltrate their HQ. Got the lightning helm and learned earthwake. And got the yiga fabric for my glider, but I’m rocking a chu-chu fabric on my glider right now

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:30 pm 

Ah man. They left kakariko village the same!

That’s so cool my go to hang out n cook shop and just live place

I never even used that house they make you built in the other place. This is cool

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:16 am 

Hey dime, you might like this article

https://www.theverge.com/23734533/zelda ... ring-brain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:46 am 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hey dime, you might like this article

https://www.theverge.com/23734533/zelda ... ring-brain

Wow. He was in my brain! Agree with every word. All of it.
Especially find myself using the d pad all the time now which I never ever did before and mid battle in particular to switch up on adding things to the arrows.
Also found it incredibly fiddly to begin with but getting the hang of it now.
Good to know it wasn’t just me :)
Thanks Ruddo :)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:41 am 

Just found the mines in the depths. This is exactly what I’d imagine running around mines or Moria would be like. It’s fuckin massive!

The underside is definitely my favourite part of all this so far

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:28 am 

Fellow travellers. I must warn you.

I wandered into a big Fucking scary something Down below. In total darkness. I was headed towards a red jewel flame sorta thing. Then Chaos and screaming. I couldn’t see the thing but I think it had wings. I didn’t wait around to see where I was on the map at that point or what it was but I was a good bit off the middle of the map (where there doesn’t seem to be any light roots at all)

Transport yourself outta there. Unless you’re armed to the teeth and can see in the dark which I most certainly am not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 111  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games