The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8587
A Link Between Worlds is the only one I ever completed. It was great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13533
Location: Mizzou
bada wrote:
A Link Between Worlds is the only one I ever completed. It was great.


What the hell are you waiting for? Try others!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 2584
I'm gonna tackle Phantom Hourglass after I finish BotW.

Don't know if I'll actually pull out my DS and buy it or just play it on an emulator.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8587
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
A Link Between Worlds is the only one I ever completed. It was great.


What the hell are you waiting for? Try others!



I've played almost all of them I just never finished them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13533
Location: Mizzou
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
A Link Between Worlds is the only one I ever completed. It was great.


What the hell are you waiting for? Try others!


I've played almost all of them I just never finished them.


Well, you have save files somewhere then. Get to it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 10:26 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33892
Location: Mountains
daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:
Image

That is all anyone needs. Lock thread.


Did you never go beyond this? Oh man, it gets so much better!

No chance in hell it does. That was the best game ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8587
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
A Link Between Worlds is the only one I ever completed. It was great.


What the hell are you waiting for? Try others!


I've played almost all of them I just never finished them.


Well, you have save files somewhere then. Get to it.


Yeah my problem has always been that I play for a long time and get stuck or distracted and then when I go back I've forgotten what I did or where everything is and I give up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49139
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:
Image

That is all anyone needs. Lock thread.


Did you never go beyond this? Oh man, it gets so much better!

No chance in hell it does. That was the best game ever.

I used to think that too, brah. But believe me, they've treated this series well. You need to experience the breeze in your hair while riding Epona across the grasslands. Or completing the task in the Yah Rin shrine to receive a spirit orb.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1786
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:
Image

That is all anyone needs. Lock thread.


Did you never go beyond this? Oh man, it gets so much better!

No chance in hell it does. That was the best game ever.

I used to think that too, brah. But believe me, they've treated this series well. You need to experience the breeze in your hair while riding Epona across the grasslands. Or completing the task in the Yah Rin shrine to receive a spirit orb.



It's like the rosette stone of video games. Something like that. There would be no action role playing games like dark souls, horizon zero dawn, and the witcher without zelda.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Zelda Games
PostPosted: Sat June 09, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5038
Zelda and Mario kept me buying Nintendo consoles over the years. Never bought an Xbox or Playstation even though they had vastly superior libraries, all I truly cared about were Zelda and Mario.

I have played through Ocarina more times than I can remember. Simply the best video game ever created.

That said, I have not purchased the Switch nor played Breath of the Wild yet at all. I hope to, someday, when my kids get older and I actually have some free time again.

The second Zelda game on NES is the only one I never played through (Adventures of Link?) ... as I recall it was a bit different linear format.

Oh man I love me some Zelda games. Never got into the mobile versions, but with the exception of the second NES one, I have played through all the console games multiple times.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed June 20, 2018 5:08 pm