Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Fallout 76

Wed June 13, 2018 1:44 pm

you guys see the noclip doc that came out yesterday?

some TL:DW key points:
-you can play solo, but it is still online
-there will be PvE but no raiders or factions that we are familiar with from other games. AI combat will be against creatures/monsters and a group of ghouls called "the scorched"
-survival components are "lite". no tedious tasks or stat maintenance. no permadeath.
-24-32 players on a server/map
-the nuke thing is used as a way for players to increase the difficulty of an area and it's AI (and boosting pickups and drops). where a nuke is dropped will uniquely affect the creatures and weather systems of that area.
-DLC will be free. microtransactions will be in place (cosmetic only)

I'm feeling really good after watching that. Answered a lot of questions.

Wed June 13, 2018 1:52 pm

mf wrote:
-DLC will be free. microtransactions will be in place (cosmetic only)

This is great news. It really feels like the tide is turning against pay to win games.

Wed June 13, 2018 2:10 pm

People are going to build some pretty crazy bases/camps.

Sat November 24, 2018 11:24 pm

So are any RMers actually playing this? The reviews have definitely scared me away from paying top-dollar for it, but ut was already reduced to $35 at one retailer for Black Friday. If it got down to $15, I think it looks fun enough for that price.

Sun November 25, 2018 3:43 am

Simple Torture wrote:So are any RMers actually playing this? The reviews have definitely scared me away from paying top-dollar for it, but ut was already reduced to $35 at one retailer for Black Friday. If it got down to $15, I think it looks fun enough for that price.

No, and I doubt I ever will unless significant updates happen.

Sun November 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Maybe this game has bombed hard enough to shock Bethesda into making a real Fallout game again.

Mon November 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:So are any RMers actually playing this? The reviews have definitely scared me away from paying top-dollar for it, but ut was already reduced to $35 at one retailer for Black Friday. If it got down to $15, I think it looks fun enough for that price.

No, and I doubt I ever will unless significant updates happen.

I might pick it up on the cheap at some point but yeah i'm not really interested in this at the moment. Which is truly sad.

Mon November 26, 2018 2:58 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Maybe this game has bombed hard enough to shock Bethesda into making a real Fallout game again.

It's fun going on reddit and seeing all the idiots that pre-ordered the game complaining that it's exactly what Bethesda said it was going to be.

It sounds like it's a good time if you have someone to play with and don't go in expecting a traditional fallout game.

Tue November 27, 2018 3:19 pm

This thing seems to be getting eviscerated far worse than I thought. Whole lot of 3/10 and 4/10's out there. Angry Joe savaged it.

I still plan to pick it up on the cheap once it hits the shovelware bin, but i'm sooooo glad i went with RDR2 first.

Thu November 29, 2018 3:22 am

:haha:

Thu November 29, 2018 3:43 am

bune wrote:Image

:haha:

Bethesda gave everyone who purchased this $5 of in-game currency as compensation.

Thu November 29, 2018 4:03 am

How thoughtful.

Sat December 01, 2018 4:59 am

mf wrote:This thing seems to be getting eviscerated far worse than I thought. Whole lot of 3/10 and 4/10's out there. Angry Joe savaged it.

I still plan to pick it up on the cheap once it hits the shovelware bin, but i'm sooooo glad i went with RDR2 first.

entertaining.

wow they are charging 18$ to make power armor blue? Gaming is a cesspool.

Wed January 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Don't know if anyone has been keeping up with the whole Fo76 trainwreck, but apparently some players are exploiting the in-game economy and duplicating rare or high-level gear and buffs, and selling them on ebay and other sites. So you could be out in the world and find a low level fresh-from-the-vault nobody 1-shotting high level enemies and bosses, and basically ruining the whole experience for everybody else. And now they've found a way into the developer room and are getting unreleased gear from there too.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/12/fallout-76-players-find-developer-room/

Wed January 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Is it $3.99 anywhere yet? Because I still kind-of-sort-of want to play it (if it's at that price point).

Thu January 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Is it $3.99 anywhere yet? Because I still kind-of-sort-of want to play it (if it's at that price point).

Free-to-play seems like too steep a price in it's current state.

Thu January 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Yeah, I'm predicting a "relaunch" of the game later this year making it free to play with some goodies for those who actually bought the game.

Thu January 31, 2019 8:00 pm

Sun March 24, 2019 4:50 pm

There was a link on the Reddit PS4 deals sub for this at $14.99 (I think it was used from Gamefly). Still a little high for me, but I was tempted.

Sun March 24, 2019 4:57 pm

I'll play it when it's one of the free PS+ games
Post a reply