The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post subject: The last few games you beat and rate them
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm 
AnalLog

I've recently been trying to crush through my backlog so figured this is a good thread where you can rate some of the games you've gone through of late. I'll start with the last 3 I beat.

Telltale Batman - The Enemy Within - 8/10

I loved the first season because it flipped everything you know about Batman on it's head, and this was a little more of that. Episodes 2 and 3 are a little slow but other than that, it's great, and what they do with John Doe/The Joker is awesome. I'm a sucker for Telltale games.

Quantum Break - 9/10

Alan Wake is my favorite game of all time, and Remedy tries to do different things, and I think they succeeded here. The game is gorgeous, and I didn't even play it on an Xbox One X. The combat is fun once you get the hang of it, and the TV show attached to the game is surprisingly entertaining. The downside was the final boss as it was a real pain in the ass.

Dead Rising 4 - 7/10

If you've played one Dead Rising game, you've played them all. This was more dumb fun.

Post subject: Re: The last few games you beat and rate them
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:22 pm 
The Master

Can’t we just use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11756

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm 
AnalLog

God of War - 8.5/10

The production value is top notch. Story and voice acting is amazing. The graphic quality is something special but the puzzles get tiresome and the combat tends to get repetitive. You face the same enemy types over and over.

Bloodborne - 9.5/10

Beat it for the second time recently. That Lovecraft style of horror - it's done so well in Bloodborne. The presence of some forbidden knowledge, some non-human presence and its destructive power hovers over every minute of the game. Awesome combat. Good boss fights. Good loot. Rewarding experience.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm 
Champion of RM

Far Cry 5. It was good, not quite great. I liked it more than the rest of RM it seems. It did feature excellent, yet simple flying mechanics. I'm not sure if I would buy another Far Cry, but I might. 7.9 / 10.

Onto God of War!

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games