Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News

Tue November 30, 2021 9:17 pm

I haven't cared about a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2. That game fuckin' ruled.

Tue November 30, 2021 9:23 pm

Never played that one, I was late to the series. BF3 and Battlefield One both blew me away; the latter is probably my favorite game of all time. BFV was a launch disaster that apparently got better after a solid year of updates? But I couldn't stick around that long.

Tue November 30, 2021 11:54 pm

I would've definitely jumped in on BF One if I had the time during its reign. Killer setting, and it seemed to showcase notable leaps in hardware capability.

Wed December 01, 2021 1:18 am

Was going to try out BF2042 with 10 hours free on Ea play but then Halo Infinite dropped and have had no desire to. I was unimpressed with my time during the demo a month or so ago. Seems like a game that wasn’t quite ready to come out.

Wed December 01, 2021 2:10 am

Ello Sailor wrote:I would've definitely jumped in on BF One if I had the time during its reign. Killer setting, and it seemed to showcase notable leaps in hardware capability.

player base is still high!

Wed December 01, 2021 3:04 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:I would've definitely jumped in on BF One if I had the time during its reign. Killer setting, and it seemed to showcase notable leaps in hardware capability.

I just bought it for $9 on BF. Can't go wrong!

Wed December 01, 2021 3:15 am

CopperTom wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I just bought it for $9 on BF. Can't go wrong!

The trick is to make sure you check "None" for available slots in the server browser. That way you'll find servers that are full, but you'll get first in the queue and the wait's usually not too bad.

Mon December 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Happy Halo week everyone.

Tue December 07, 2021 2:24 am

Halo's been reviewing well; having a hard time seeing the appeal after watching some of the videos, but I'm going to give it a whirl now that I have Game Pass.

Tue December 07, 2021 7:43 am

Revelator wrote:Halo's been reviewing well; having a hard time seeing the appeal after watching some of the videos, but I'm going to give it a whirl now that I have Game Pass.

?

Gameplay loop is fun as hell. Feels great.

Wed December 08, 2021 1:24 am

scrub12 wrote:
Revelator wrote:Halo's been reviewing well; having a hard time seeing the appeal after watching some of the videos, but I'm going to give it a whirl now that I have Game Pass.

?

Gameplay loop is fun as hell. Feels great.

Right you're talking to someone who's never played a Halo game so I was just going off the review vids I've seen on the net. Gonna give it a shot this week, got it pre-loaded!

Sun December 19, 2021 9:55 pm

It’s kinda neat that I’ve seen 5 best of 2021 lists with 5 different game of the years - Halo, Forza, Deathloop, Inscyption and Psyconauts 2. That’s the least consensus that I can ever remember.

Sun December 26, 2021 7:44 pm

CopperTom wrote:It’s kinda neat that I’ve seen 5 best of 2021 lists with 5 different game of the years - Halo, Forza, Deathloop, Inscyption and Psyconauts 2. That’s the least consensus that I can ever remember.

and Metroid and Chicory.

Tue January 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard.

Tue January 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Slack channels are waking.

Tue January 18, 2022 2:35 pm

Insane. Helps to have a shit ton of money.

Tue January 18, 2022 3:05 pm

They bought Zeimax for $7 billion. They bought Activision for $70 Billion :shock:

Tue January 18, 2022 3:19 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:They bought Zeimax for $7 billion. They bought Activision for $70 Billion :shock:

And that's after the value had gone a decent amount due to all the controversy lately!

Tue January 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Crazy. Doesn’t close for 18 months and no matter what they say now, I can’t imagine Kotick survives.

Will be interesting to see how they handle exclusivity. This is a different beast than Bethesda. Bloomberg says some will still be multiplat and rest exclusive. My initial guess is COD mainline games go exclusive but they keep Warzone multiplat.

Tue January 18, 2022 4:40 pm

scrub12 wrote:Crazy. Doesn’t close for 18 months and no matter what they say now, I can’t imagine Kotick survives.

Will be interesting to see how they handle exclusivity. This is a different beast than Bethesda. Bloomberg says some will still be multiplat and rest exclusive. My initial guess is COD mainline games go exclusive but they keep Warzone multiplat.

I'm not sure how this will play out in the courts/justice department, but I'm not so sure all their games will be exclusive to Microsoft/GamePass in the future. This is absolutely huge news that will have ramifications for years to come.

Sony just can't compete with this level of acquisitions.
Post a reply