The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Tue June 12, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Every single character is coming back to the new Smash Bros.! :shock:


Ever?


Yup. Including the third party characters.

Tom Nook or gtfo.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1054
I'm a Samus or Kirby guy myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6348
Location: Washington State
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52070
Ello Sailor wrote:
I'm a Samus or Kirby guy myself.

Yeah I love Kirby in all the smash games

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
Pit, Ness, and Toon Link are my "mains" but I mostly play with all the characters when it's just me playing.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions are flooding in.

This game sounds infinitely more interesting to me than the Witcher. Sounds very promising. Encouraging it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 837
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions are flooding in.

This game sounds infinitely more interesting to me than the Witcher. Sounds very promising. Encouraging it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One.

everyone's losing their shit cause it's apparently in first person, not 3rd like the Witcher. i mean, as long as it's not some on-rails shooter then i'm ok with first person. CD Projekt Red has enough good cred built up that i'm gonna trust them to do it right.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions are flooding in.

This game sounds infinitely more interesting to me than the Witcher. Sounds very promising. Encouraging it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One.

everyone's losing their shit cause it's apparently in first person, not 3rd like the Witcher. i mean, as long as it's not some on-rails shooter then i'm ok with first person. CD Projekt Red has enough good cred built up that i'm gonna trust them to do it right.


I remember a similar backlash when Metroid Prime was revealed to be first person. That worked out ok. Good to trust the developer.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 837
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions are flooding in.

This game sounds infinitely more interesting to me than the Witcher. Sounds very promising. Encouraging it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One.

everyone's losing their shit cause it's apparently in first person, not 3rd like the Witcher. i mean, as long as it's not some on-rails shooter then i'm ok with first person. CD Projekt Red has enough good cred built up that i'm gonna trust them to do it right.


I remember a similar backlash when Metroid Prime was revealed to be first person. That worked out ok. Good to trust the developer.

Unless that developer is EA. Never trust EA :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions are flooding in.

This game sounds infinitely more interesting to me than the Witcher. Sounds very promising. Encouraging it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One.

everyone's losing their shit cause it's apparently in first person, not 3rd like the Witcher. i mean, as long as it's not some on-rails shooter then i'm ok with first person. CD Projekt Red has enough good cred built up that i'm gonna trust them to do it right.


I remember a similar backlash when Metroid Prime was revealed to be first person. That worked out ok. Good to trust the developer.

Unless that developer is EA. Never trust EA :lol:


They have some good development teams, but their business practices as a publisher SUUUUUUUUCCCK. Seems like they may be learning in regards to loot boxes with Battlefield V though. Hopefully. but probably not.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Sun June 17, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4711
So, am I reading these Fortnite stories right?

Sony is blocking Fortnite players who open an account on the PS4 then play on the Switch.

After they play with their account on the Switch, they can't go back and play on the same account on the PS4?

And they did that without warning players first. So players who had hours and hours of play originally on the PS4 now have to start a new account there.

That seems like an incredibly shitty thing to do to your customers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1054
Apparently that's exactly what they've done.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4711
Sony sucks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Mon July 23, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
Found a Best Buy gift card from ages ago. Just pre-ordered Spider-Man, NBA 2k19, and Red Dead. :D

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Sun July 29, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 1008
Yep, Amazon is fucking pissing me off lately with the lack of pre-order of hard copies (all digital). Pretty sure they're having a stand-off with Sony.

Anyways through various outlets I have Spider Man, Tomb Raider, RDR2 (essential), and the new Resident Evil 2 remake pre-ordered at the moment. Waiting for Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us Part II pre-orders to come out.

I expect to hear more RDR2 news real soon since we're less than 3 months out from that one and haven't heard shit since the last trailer came out months ago.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Sat August 18, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
I'm disappointed that New Super Mario Bros. U was announced for Switch. That means no New Super Mario Bros. 3 will be coming for a long time, if at all.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu August 23, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4711
God fucking damn right it is!!!!!!!

The creators of the Nintendo 64 GoldenEye have officially ruled: Oddjob is cheating

https://news.avclub.com/the-creators-of ... 1828520705


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu August 23, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15791
Location: Mizzou
run2death wrote:
God fucking damn right it is!!!!!!!

The creators of the Nintendo 64 GoldenEye have officially ruled: Oddjob is cheating

https://news.avclub.com/the-creators-of ... 1828520705


Yeah, this has been obvious from day one.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu August 23, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2125
Control and Cyberpunk 2077 both look absolutely incredible.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Game News
PostPosted: Thu August 23, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Does the Amazon Prime 20% discount apply to digital pre-orders?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 21, 2018 1:05 pm