The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Thu June 18, 2020 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107
I’m not sure it’ll drop on next gen immediately. CD Projekt Red said the PS5/XboxX version it wouldn't be ready for next gen launch a few months ago when they said it would be in Xbox’s Smart Delivery program. It’ll come eventually though.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-to-november-19
Quote:
This delay will most likely put Cyberpunk 2077 near the launch of both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Even though CD Projekt Red has confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 will be coming to next-gen consoles and owners of the Xbox One version will be upgraded to Xbox Series X for free, it has not committed to when these new versions will be available.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Thu June 18, 2020 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
scrub12 wrote:
I’m not sure it’ll drop on next gen immediately. CD Projekt Red said the PS5/XboxX version it wouldn't be ready for next gen launch a few months ago when they said it would be in Xbox’s Smart Delivery program. It’ll come eventually though.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-to-november-19
Quote:
This delay will most likely put Cyberpunk 2077 near the launch of both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Even though CD Projekt Red has confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 will be coming to next-gen consoles and owners of the Xbox One version will be upgraded to Xbox Series X for free, it has not committed to when these new versions will be available.


It's a dance for sure. It seems like a Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild situation.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107


Now the question is...does it get delayed again? Not putting it past 2020 to take this game from everyone.

I definitely feel like this game would make my OG Xbox One or PS4 explode. It has to be huge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Fri June 19, 2020 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
It won't get delayed again...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
Anyone excited for Spelunky 2 tomorrow? I tried for a few hours to get into the original game, but it didn't take.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2554
I realized I have money so I bought a bunch of games, including Kentucky Route Zero and Outer Wilds, both of which I'm very excited for.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 14, 2020 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18192
Location: Cumberland, RI
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anyone excited for Spelunky 2 tomorrow? I tried for a few hours to get into the original game, but it didn't take.

Spelunky was a great PS+ game--loads of fun but never felt like I got good or was really invested in it. Would be interested to play the sequel if it shows up on PS+ next year.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Tue September 15, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
Orpheus wrote:
I realized I have money so I bought a bunch of games, including Kentucky Route Zero and Outer Wilds, both of which I'm very excited for.


I was very intrigued by Outer Wilds, but found the controls maddening. Maybe I'll get back to it someday...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Wed September 16, 2020 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2554
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
I realized I have money so I bought a bunch of games, including Kentucky Route Zero and Outer Wilds, both of which I'm very excited for.


I was very intrigued by Outer Wilds, but found the controls maddening. Maybe I'll get back to it someday...


Thank you for not pointing out I put this in the wrong thread. :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Wed September 16, 2020 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
I realized I have money so I bought a bunch of games, including Kentucky Route Zero and Outer Wilds, both of which I'm very excited for.


I was very intrigued by Outer Wilds, but found the controls maddening. Maybe I'll get back to it someday...


Thank you for not pointing out I put this in the wrong thread. :haha:


:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
Microsoft is buying ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda. Looks like Bethesda is now with Team Green. That's a whopper of a news story for a Monday morning.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 3:01 pm 
Online
Quit posting, you postwhore!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 997
Great, so now i'm gonna have to buy both systems this gen just so i can play ES6 :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
I'm not sure if Bethesda games will be exclusives in the future. Many Microsoft owned studios/companies are bringing games to other platforms.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm not sure if Bethesda games will be exclusives in the future. Many Microsoft owned studios/companies are bringing games to other platforms.

Only Mojang has. All the other studios Microsoft owns have been exclusive. Some of the second party exclusives like Ori and Cuphead have though.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
scrub12 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm not sure if Bethesda games will be exclusives in the future. Many Microsoft owned studios/companies are bringing games to other platforms.

Only Mojang has. All the other studios Microsoft owns have been exclusive. Some of the second party exclusives like Ori and Cuphead have though.



I wasn't clear. I was referring to Deathloop and Ghostwire still coming to PS5. And Microsoft games being available on other platforms via GamePass (Android).

I bet the "case by case" approach is a wait and see approach too. If PS5 outsells Xbox Series 2:1 or 3:1, surely it makes sense to release future Bethesda games on it, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107
Possibly, but if you’re Microsoft, don’t you want a Starfield exclusive? Plus, these games are coming to PC too, so they’re tapping into that market regardless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
scrub12 wrote:
Possibly, but if you’re Microsoft, don’t you want a Starfield exclusive? Plus, these games are coming to PC too, so they’re tapping into that market regardless.


Probably.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23869
Location: Mizzou
Do you think Microsoft will force Bethesda to improve their RPG game engine?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Do you think Microsoft will force Bethesda to improve their RPG game engine?

They sure as hell have the money to do it now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Games / Gaming News
PostPosted: Mon September 21, 2020 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 1107
5M people subscribed to Game Pass in the last 6 months. That’s wild.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mf, oasisfan35 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 24, 2020 11:43 am