Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: What are you playing?

Tue June 05, 2018 8:22 pm

They touched up the movement slightly, but it's still not as smooth to control as DkS3.

That said, Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time and everyone should play it. Just don't spoil it by referring to a guide/wiki too much.

Tue June 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:They touched up the movement slightly, but it's still not as smooth to control as DkS3.

That said, Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time and everyone should play it. Just don't spoil it by referring to a guide/wiki too much.

I wouldn't dream. Have you played Demon Souls?

Tue June 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Nope. Never owned a PS3. Apparently it's the toughest of the lot. A remake/remaster would sell like hot cakes.

Wed June 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:You should go back and beat DkS3. It's so worth playing through to the end. Which area/boss were you up to when you stopped?

I can't even remember. I think it was a big underground slug thing? It just got boring and I wasn't happy with my build. I sold my copy long ago.

jwfocker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
jwfocker wrote:Its been so awesome to return to Dark Souls in 1080p and 60 frames per second. I can't say it enough.

I want to give this a try. I stopped about 2/3 of the way through Dark Souls III though out of frustration/boredom. Should I try this? By the way, I adore Bloodborne.

The first Dark Souls is awesome. I like it a lot more than Dark Souls 2 and 3. The whole world is actually connected and open. It slowly opens up the further you get into the game. It gives the game a very cool vibe.

How would you rate the difficulty?

It's hard for me to rate the difficulty. It does feel less unfair if that makes sense than the others. I will say there are more oh shit moments in Dark Souls. I would recommend going sorcery the first go around. It makes the game easier and gives you a opportunity to get a feel for the game.
Last edited by jwfocker on Wed June 06, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed June 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:They touched up the movement slightly, but it's still not as smooth to control as DkS3.

I wouldn't dream. Have you played Demon Souls?

I really hope they do a remaster of Demon Souls. It has some crazy game mechanics. For example if you beat a region's boss without dying certain rooms or doors would open up and/or new bosses would appear.

Wed June 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:Nope. Never owned a PS3. Apparently it's the toughest of the lot. A remake/remaster would sell like hot cakes.

The rights to Demon Souls are complicated. It was made by From Software with Sony's Japan Studio and then published in the states by someone different. It could happen, but it won't be easy.

Wed June 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:Nope. Never owned a PS3. Apparently it's the toughest of the lot. A remake/remaster would sell like hot cakes.

The rights to Demon Souls are complicated. It was made by From Software with Sony's Japan Studio and then published in the states by someone different. It could happen, but it won't be easy.

Oh right I remember reading something about that. Sucks but explains a lot.

Thu June 07, 2018 11:21 pm

How is that fake castlevania game??

Fri June 08, 2018 12:08 am

You're going to have to be more specific...

Fri June 08, 2018 2:11 am

I forget the name but it looks like a ripoff of an old school castlevania game

Fri June 08, 2018 2:15 am

Trials Fusion is free on PSPlus this month and it's surprisingly fun. Good for a mindless 20 mins.

Fri June 08, 2018 2:17 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Trials Fusion is free on PSPlus this month and it's surprisingly fun. Good for a mindless 20 mins.

Those Trials games get TOUGH.

Fri June 08, 2018 3:31 am

i got bugs wrote:I forget the name but it looks like a ripoff of an old school castlevania game

There are dozens of them by this point.

Fri June 08, 2018 3:31 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Trials Fusion is free on PSPlus this month and it's surprisingly fun. Good for a mindless 20 mins.

Those Trials games get TOUGH.

Yeah they're absurdly difficult.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:13 am

Titanfall 2's campaign was pitch perfect. The first person jumping feels just like Metroid Prime and that makes me so damn happy.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:38 am

Brought my Vita along with me so I'm playing Day of the Tentacle. Never played games on the PC so this is a first for me. It's pretty funny at times.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:44 am

man i love those lucasarts adventure games.

Sat June 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Finished the platinums for Uncharted: Lost Legacy and Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour today. I think I may try the Witcher 3 again.

Sat June 09, 2018 11:43 pm

did you play through tw3 before or bail?

Sat June 09, 2018 11:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:did you play through tw3 before or bail?

I bailed after about 5-6 hours. Didn't grab me and a couple other games came out that I wanted to play.
Post a reply