The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Do you guys play Overcooked with strangers online? Or with your housemates? Or solo?

If I buy this game how am I most likely to enjoy it?


I've only played it co-op. Not sure how enjoyable it would be solo.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25190
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
I fired up Destiny 2 last night for about 20 minutes, first time I've ever played a Destiny game. I didn't like the graphics very much, there was way too much going on in poor lighting for me to really get a sense of the world. I may try it again sometime. Any big fans of Destiny 2 here? Is it worth digging into?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
I fired up Destiny 2 last night for about 20 minutes, first time I've ever played a Destiny game. I didn't like the graphics very much, there was way too much going on in poor lighting for me to really get a sense of the world. I may try it again sometime. Any big fans of Destiny 2 here? Is it worth digging into?


Do you like to GRIND?

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25190
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I fired up Destiny 2 last night for about 20 minutes, first time I've ever played a Destiny game. I didn't like the graphics very much, there was way too much going on in poor lighting for me to really get a sense of the world. I may try it again sometime. Any big fans of Destiny 2 here? Is it worth digging into?


Do you like to GRIND?

ha, no i hate it. I think I'm out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52355
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I fired up Destiny 2 last night for about 20 minutes, first time I've ever played a Destiny game. I didn't like the graphics very much, there was way too much going on in poor lighting for me to really get a sense of the world. I may try it again sometime. Any big fans of Destiny 2 here? Is it worth digging into?


Do you like to GRIND?

ha, no i hate it. I think I'm out.

Yeah he prefers GRINDR

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25190
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I fired up Destiny 2 last night for about 20 minutes, first time I've ever played a Destiny game. I didn't like the graphics very much, there was way too much going on in poor lighting for me to really get a sense of the world. I may try it again sometime. Any big fans of Destiny 2 here? Is it worth digging into?


Do you like to GRIND?

ha, no i hate it. I think I'm out.

Yeah he prefers GRINDR

har har har


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8256
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I think the story is really stupid. I just want to enjoy the game for the mechanics. It's so fun to shoot stuff with the fluid mechanics and controls. If you're not in the mood to shoot stuff, though, this is not the game for you.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 11:43 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34862
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Got Spider-Man. It's pretty cool. Haven't figured out the controls yet.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun October 07, 2018 4:36 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34862
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I'm on the fence about it. The scale is amazing, but I'd prefer something smaller like Arkham Asylum. This is too big.

I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Maybe I'm just not far enough into it yet.

Spidey and friends are a bit tough to take in large doses, too.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon October 08, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 621
Finished Divinity original sin 2 over the weekend. What a great experience. I've never played a game with so much story depth and freedom in how you approach it.

We're going back to divinity 1 now and replaying that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon October 08, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1826
JuanHamm wrote:
Finished Divinity original sin 2 over the weekend. What a great experience. I've never played a game with so much story depth and freedom in how you approach it.

We're going back to divinity 1 now and replaying that.

:nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon October 08, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm on the fence about it. The scale is amazing, but I'd prefer something smaller like Arkham Asylum. This is too big.

I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Maybe I'm just not far enough into it yet.

Spidey and friends are a bit tough to take in large doses, too.


The game opens up once you get a few upgrades to your traversal, fighting abilities, and unlock more gadgets. There is a fair amount of beating up grunts.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8256
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Watched the wife play Mario 3 on Switch yesterafternoon and evening. I played a little bit. She loves that damn game. Such a turn on too. We had sex.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Watched the wife play Mario 3 on Switch yesterafternoon and evening. I played a little bit. She loves that damn game. Such a turn on too. We had sex.


I mean it is one of the best games of all time (my personal favorite).

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 6:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34862
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm on the fence about it. The scale is amazing, but I'd prefer something smaller like Arkham Asylum. This is too big.

I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Maybe I'm just not far enough into it yet.

Spidey and friends are a bit tough to take in large doses, too.


The game opens up once you get a few upgrades to your traversal, fighting abilities, and unlock more gadgets. There is a fair amount of beating up grunts.

Finished it last night. The last half or so is much better than the first. The story gets better, too. The Li/demon stuff wasn't very good.

Still too many grunt fights, and not enough classic villain boss fights. Too many MJ/Miles missions too.

But it's a fun game. Sequels will probably improve on it a bunch.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
BurtReynolds wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm on the fence about it. The scale is amazing, but I'd prefer something smaller like Arkham Asylum. This is too big.

I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Maybe I'm just not far enough into it yet.

Spidey and friends are a bit tough to take in large doses, too.


The game opens up once you get a few upgrades to your traversal, fighting abilities, and unlock more gadgets. There is a fair amount of beating up grunts.

Finished it last night. The last half or so is much better than the first. The story gets better, too. The Li/demon stuff wasn't very good.

Still too many grunt fights, and not enough classic villain boss fights. Too many MJ/Miles missions too.

But it's a fun game. Sequels will probably improve on it a bunch.


Yes, the sequel will be really great. I've been so busy doing random side quests and hideouts I haven't finished the main story.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2399
BurtReynolds wrote:
I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Still too many grunt fights, and not enough classic villain boss fights. Too many MJ/Miles missions too.



Nope, I'll pass....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
The game is made by how much fun it is to be Spider-Man and it is a ton of fun. I'm willing to look past some of my minor complaints.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25190
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
i got bugs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I feel like what should be the best parts are cut scenes or quick time events. I'm left to fight a bunch of grunts.

Still too many grunt fights, and not enough classic villain boss fights. Too many MJ/Miles missions too.



Nope, I'll pass....

Ditto. The Division, Assassins Creed, and Tomb Raider all bored me with the amount of grunt battles.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue October 09, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16026
Location: Mizzou
The grunts/boss cycle has been a staple or gaming for years. As every game seems to be adapting RPG elements this is only going to become more prevalent.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 12, 2018 3:16 am