Re: What are you playing?

Tue January 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Cyber shadow.. so good..

Tue January 26, 2021 8:31 pm

I did buy RE2 yesterday, hoping to fire it up tonight

Tue January 26, 2021 8:36 pm

The boys finally got the new xbox and gave me the old one. I haven't played a video game in decades. What do I do?

Tue January 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Self wrote:The boys finally got the new xbox and gave me the old one. I haven't played a video game in decades. What do I do?

Xbox One? Do they subscribe to Game Pass?

Tue January 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Self wrote:The boys finally got the new xbox and gave me the old one. I haven't played a video game in decades. What do I do?

Yes and yes.

Tue January 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Self wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yes and yes.

Is there a certain genre of games that you like? Past games you enjoyed?

Tue January 26, 2021 8:52 pm

self strikes me as a Rocket League kinda girl

Tue January 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Self wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yes and yes.

Is there a certain genre of games that you like? Past games you enjoyed?

Quake II is the only game I've finished.

Tue January 26, 2021 8:58 pm

try Doom (2016) and/or Doom Eternal

Wed January 27, 2021 12:26 am

Ghost of T is starting in t minus 6 minutes, when install is complete

Wed January 27, 2021 12:31 am

cancel that there’s a five hour download for an update file. Looks like it’s going to be a rocket league and podcast night

Thu January 28, 2021 4:25 am

Resident Evil 2. I’m not terrified, you’re terrified.

Thu January 28, 2021 4:53 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Resident Evil 2. I’m not terrified, you’re terrified.

Please keep us updated.

Did you ever play the original?

Fri January 29, 2021 9:11 pm

RE2 continues to thrill and frighten. I have to watch something light after I play, before going to bed.

Similar to TLOU, the hidden strength is the scarcity of ammo and supplies, and the feeling that it might be worth it to backtrack for 3-4 minutes so I can save before unlocking a door with some creepy sounds happening on the other side.

Sat January 30, 2021 4:34 am

I finished the main quest of Horizon Zero Dawn tonight and I think overall I'd give it a 6.5/10. Besides really early in the game, I never really felt driven to do anything new and interesting throughout the story. I'd level up and acquire skills, but never really felt like I ever used them. The side quests didn't really grab my attention--I'm not going to go back and finish them, and I also am not planning on playing the expansion pack. Oh, well! This is the 2nd game of this generation that really didn't live up to expectations for me (the first being The Last of Us, which I didn't even finish).

I'm thinking God of War next.

Sat January 30, 2021 5:13 am

Simple Torture wrote:I finished the main quest of Horizon Zero Dawn tonight and I think overall I'd give it a 6.5/10. Besides really early in the game, I never really felt driven to do anything new and interesting throughout the story. I'd level up and acquire skills, but never really felt like I ever used them. The side quests didn't really grab my attention--I'm not going to go back and finish them, and I also am not planning on playing the expansion pack. Oh, well! This is the 2nd game of this generation that really didn't live up to expectations for me (the first being The Last of Us, which I didn't even finish).

I'm thinking God of War next.

Just out of curiosity, what games have you really liked? How did you not finish the Last of Us?

Sat January 30, 2021 12:20 pm

The stealth-only portions of TLOU just really weren't fun for me. Not my bag. I can deal with that in other games if it's a small part of the gameplay, but it was just so ever-present in TLOU that I didn't find it fun.

I've had my PS4 for 2.5 years and have played a crazy-low number of games; I spend most of my gaming hours on baseball. But I loved Spider-Man and Fallout 4, of the other games I've played. I'm more or less working through the back catalog now so that someday I can justify a PS5, so next up will be God Of War, then probably the most recent Uncharted game, the laat Deus Ex game, etc.

Sat January 30, 2021 2:36 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:RE2 continues to thrill and frighten. I have to watch something light after I play, before going to bed.

Similar to TLOU, the hidden strength is the scarcity of ammo and supplies, and the feeling that it might be worth it to backtrack for 3-4 minutes so I can save before unlocking a door with some creepy sounds happening on the other side.

The RE2 remake was fantastic, might be my game of the year in 2019. The Mr. X encounters were by far my favorite and most terrifying.

I have the RE3 remake but haven't actually played it yet. Saving that for after Ghosts of Tsushima. Apparently an RE4 remake is in the works, which is huge considering how most consider that the best one of the series and a standout in the all around 3rd person genre. I personally could never get into it because of how god damn frustrating the control scheme and camera maneuvering was.

Mon February 01, 2021 9:29 pm

Ghost of Tsushima took a few hours to really warm up to me, but it's pretty fucking hot right now.

Tue February 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Gonna fire up some Destruction All-Stars later today. :thumbsup:
Post a reply