The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Wed January 06, 2021 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3276
Got immortals fenyx rising for cheap

Its cool n all but I can't believe how much of a blatant zelda rip off it is.. like the zelda creators prob have a legit lawsuit


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 07, 2021 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 12007
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
I wrapped up Immortals Fenyx Rising. I think I did everything and got everything - all side-quests, rifts, chests in rifts, chests in the overworld, epic chests in the overworld, all ambrosia, all coins, all lightning, all weapons, all armor, all skins, all mounts, all wings, and all challenges. For some reason my trophies didn't work for most of my playthrough, otherwise I would have got the Platinum, I think.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 07, 2021 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24799
Location: Mizzou
CopperTom wrote:
I wrapped up Immortals Fenyx Rising. I think I did everything and got everything - all side-quests, rifts, chests in rifts, chests in the overworld, epic chests in the overworld, all ambrosia, all coins, all lightning, all weapons, all armor, all skins, all mounts, all wings, and all challenges. For some reason my trophies didn't work for most of my playthrough, otherwise I would have got the Platinum, I think.


That is maddening


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 07, 2021 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18885
Location: Cumberland, RI
That happened to me in Skyrim. 2 different issues: the Civil War storyline broke so I couldn't finish it, and the "collect Deidric Artifacts" achievement did not register all the items.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 07, 2021 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 12007
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
I wrapped up Immortals Fenyx Rising. I think I did everything and got everything - all side-quests, rifts, chests in rifts, chests in the overworld, epic chests in the overworld, all ambrosia, all coins, all lightning, all weapons, all armor, all skins, all mounts, all wings, and all challenges. For some reason my trophies didn't work for most of my playthrough, otherwise I would have got the Platinum, I think.


That is maddening


I don’t hunt trophies, otherwise I would have been pissed.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2021 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18885
Location: Cumberland, RI
I'm probably about halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn's main quest, and I can't shake the feeling that...I really don't love this game. I think I like it. But I only think I do. I like the world, I like the lore, there's a nice feeling of satisfaction whenever you topple a machine in a new and inventive way. But I am not a fan of the inventory system (it's never clear to me when trying to acquire new weapons/gear that it's better than what I already have), of the way that wandering around the world works (sometimes I just want to explore, but I'm constantly running into huge groups of machines and those god damn fucking birds), or of how battles can devolve into either me running away and taking pot shots or wildly swinging my spear and hoping I can hit something. There are enough jolts of excitement in every play session that I'll probably keep going, but this is so far like a B- for me.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2021 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 40263
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Horizon Zero Yawn


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun January 10, 2021 1:52 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 3315
Ubisoft kind of ruined adventure games. They're all the same now. Light crafting, light rpg and towers everywhere to reveal the map.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2881
Simple Torture wrote:
I'm probably about halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn's main quest, and I can't shake the feeling that...I really don't love this game. I think I like it. But I only think I do. I like the world, I like the lore, there's a nice feeling of satisfaction whenever you topple a machine in a new and inventive way. But I am not a fan of the inventory system (it's never clear to me when trying to acquire new weapons/gear that it's better than what I already have), of the way that wandering around the world works (sometimes I just want to explore, but I'm constantly running into huge groups of machines and those god damn fucking birds), or of how battles can devolve into either me running away and taking pot shots or wildly swinging my spear and hoping I can hit something. There are enough jolts of excitement in every play session that I'll probably keep going, but this is so far like a B- for me.


Keep going for the story, it's a good one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 16342
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I was able to trade in my ps4, 4 very used controllers, and miles morales for 220 dollars at the local game store. Then I picked up dark souls 2 which I am thrilled to play right .... now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24799
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
I was able to trade in my ps4, 4 very used controllers, and miles morales for 220 dollars at the local game store. Then I picked up dark souls 2 which I am thrilled to play right .... now


Nice. I'm really considering trading in mine for $180. I feel like I may regret it later, but probably not.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 16342
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
You should. Oh dark souls 2 was 9 dollars. So happy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 16342
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
The graphics and everything is pretty jarring after playing demons souls ps5.. at least it’s 60 fps


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 2500
DS2 is underrated. Look up "Power Stance"--it's a mechanic that only ever appears in DS2, and it's bonkers.

I wonder if your copy comes with all of the "Scholar of the First Sin" additional content. Some of those bosses are the hardest in the Souls series.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 44393
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Simple Torture wrote:
I'm probably about halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn's main quest, and I can't shake the feeling that...I really don't love this game. I think I like it. But I only think I do. I like the world, I like the lore, there's a nice feeling of satisfaction whenever you topple a machine in a new and inventive way. But I am not a fan of the inventory system (it's never clear to me when trying to acquire new weapons/gear that it's better than what I already have), of the way that wandering around the world works (sometimes I just want to explore, but I'm constantly running into huge groups of machines and those god damn fucking birds), or of how battles can devolve into either me running away and taking pot shots or wildly swinging my spear and hoping I can hit something. There are enough jolts of excitement in every play session that I'll probably keep going, but this is so far like a B- for me.

The gameplay was fun once I looked up what the weapons did and how best to use them. I think I killed at least one of everything

I'm usually a big story guy but I ended up skipping through it as fast as I could. The dialogue is the most cringy z-grade fantasy dialogue shit. Just brutal. The sci fi plot stuff was cool, though. I enjoyed it as long as I didn't have to talk to anyone. And why was she so mad at the guy from The Wire? They were always fighting for no reason. So forced.

Same with the expansion.

B-

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 44393
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
That's the last game I'm gonna play for maybe a year though. I just can't play these long games. Even when I'm not having fun, I have to see them through to the end.

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 16342
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Ello Sailor wrote:
DS2 is underrated. Look up "Power Stance"--it's a mechanic that only ever appears in DS2, and it's bonkers.

I wonder if your copy comes with all of the "Scholar of the First Sin" additional content. Some of those bosses are the hardest in the Souls series.
Yes it includes "scholor of the first sin".

Played for a couple hours last night.. initial impressions were pretty poor.. it looked and felt like a PS3 game to me.. just haven't played a game this old in a while I guess... however, it kept impressing me more and more and now I can't wait to play it again.. these games just have a way of getting under my skin


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3276
I'm hearing this Scott pilgrim vs the world remaster is a must buy on switch

I'm also grabbing the pre-sale for the ninja game cyber shadow that comes out later in jan because its 25% off


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24799
Location: Mizzou
i got bugs wrote:
I'm hearing this Scott pilgrim vs the world remaster is a must buy on switch

I'm also grabbing the pre-sale for the ninja game cyber shadow that comes out later in jan because its 25% off


Scott Pilgrim has not been available to purchase for quite awhile. The original game is a great beat em' up. If you like the genre, check it out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 3276
Monkey_Driven wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
I'm hearing this Scott pilgrim vs the world remaster is a must buy on switch

I'm also grabbing the pre-sale for the ninja game cyber shadow that comes out later in jan because its 25% off


Scott Pilgrim has not been available to purchase for quite awhile. The original game is a great beat em' up. If you like the genre, check it out.


Yeah its that game.. they are releasing it on switch today


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat January 23, 2021 7:44 pm