The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 2:07 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

bada wrote:
I can’t beat Bowser in Mario + Rabbids. I continue to try.

Finally got the bastard.

PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 2:44 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima Directors cut on PS5 since xmas. I finished the main story and i'm doing the Iki island DLC now. I've got over 60 hours logged in this game so far and it's been a real treat. I can't believe I waited this long to play...this is the game AC Valhalla wishes it was. Great storytelling and side quests that are rewarding and worth pursuing.

I'm not sure how a sequel would work without the emotional weight that this story has, but i'd love to see another game in this world where they add in a few more lite RPG elements, like a skill tree and maybe some deeper combat and weapon customization. I liked the idea of the charm system, but i found that i mostly just stuck to a single playstyle and didn't veer too much from that so i really only used a handful of useful charms.

PostPosted: Tue February 01, 2022 3:08 pm 
The Master

Finished the main story/loop in Deathloop. Now just messing around to try different strategies and finish the platinum.

Might try to play through Uncharted: Lost Legacy before Horizon in two weeks.

PostPosted: Wed February 02, 2022 8:34 am 
AnalLog

Hit the halfway point of Guardians of the Galaxy and its great. Also started Deaths Door and thats a banger.

Gave Rainbow Six: Extraction a chance because of Gamepass. Not good.

PostPosted: Wed February 02, 2022 6:51 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

A couple people here mentioned Uncharted recently, so I decided to give Uncharted 4 a shot. I've always liked the gameplay of these games but my gaaaaawd the fucking cutscenes.

PostPosted: Thu February 03, 2022 1:44 am 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
A couple people here mentioned Uncharted recently, so I decided to give Uncharted 4 a shot. I've always liked the gameplay of these games but my gaaaaawd the fucking cutscenes.

I mean I know they can get a tad long in UC4 but the voice acting and production is so damn good I never minded them. In fact I enjoyed them! I'm betting the acting in the games will be far better than the upcoming movie. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu February 03, 2022 1:51 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Revelator wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I mean I know they can get a tad long in UC4 but the voice acting and production is so damn good I never minded them. In fact I enjoyed them! I'm betting the acting in the games will be far better than the upcoming movie. :lol:

I think that, yes, a big difference between this one and the previous UC games is that the cutscenes look and sound great. But I feel like I've done nothing but stare at cutscenes and do some jumping for the first hour of play.

PostPosted: Thu February 03, 2022 11:47 am 
Champion of RM

You guys are crazy. UC always featured top notch voice acting and cut scenes. That wasn't unique to UC4.

PostPosted: Fri February 04, 2022 12:21 am 

I've never been overly fond of the Sam character so some of the scenes in 4 did go on longer than I would have preferred. I also never cared for how Nate treated Sully in 4 either. I like Uncharted more than probably anyone on the planet but I have some issues with the story in that one.

PostPosted: Fri February 04, 2022 12:36 am 
The Master

bada wrote:
I've never been overly fond of the Sam character so some of the scenes in 4 did go on longer than I would have preferred. I also never cared for how Nate treated Sully in 4 either. I like Uncharted more than probably anyone on the planet but I have some issues with the story in that one.

The highlight of UC4 is Elena and Nate's relationship. She actually feels like a real character. I could take or leave Sam, but his role pushes the story forward.

PostPosted: Fri February 04, 2022 2:00 am 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
You guys are crazy. UC always featured top notch voice acting and cut scenes. That wasn't unique to UC4.

hey now I agree! I love all four UC games :thumbsup:

I'll admit UC4 starts off a tad slow so I could see how it may turn off some. I'm still thoroughly enjoying UC4 remastered. Not sure if I'll make it through Lost Legacy in time before Horizon takes over my PS5 for months

PostPosted: Sat February 05, 2022 8:11 am 
AnalLog

Beat Deaths Door. That was a hell of a game.

PostPosted: Sun February 06, 2022 6:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

Dunno what happened but since the last update of nba2k I have been getting completely smoked every game

PostPosted: Mon February 07, 2022 11:59 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

This game is stunning in Performance Mode. More bite sized, smaller Uncharted stories please.

PostPosted: Tue February 08, 2022 1:28 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

This game is stunning in Performance Mode. More bite sized, smaller Uncharted stories please.

Yes I'm having a blast playing UC4 in Performance mode and it still looks gorgeous ~6 years later. Not sure if I'll get to replaying Lost Legacy by the time Horizon drops, but gonna try...

PostPosted: Wed February 16, 2022 3:07 pm 
The Master

scrub12 wrote:
Beat Deaths Door. That was a hell of a game.

Playing it right now. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed February 16, 2022 6:32 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Revelator wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I think that, yes, a big difference between this one and the previous UC games is that the cutscenes look and sound great. But I feel like I've done nothing but stare at cutscenes and do some jumping for the first hour of play.

I really dislike quitting games, but I may be getting close with this one. I'm just bored at this point. Naughty Dog games might just not be for me--I also only played the first few hours of The Last of Us before giving up.

PostPosted: Wed February 16, 2022 11:26 pm 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Revelator wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I really dislike quitting games, but I may be getting close with this one. I'm just bored at this point. Naughty Dog games might just not be for me--I also only played the first few hours of The Last of Us before giving up.

I do remember the UC4 story/cut scenes dragging on a bit; I wasn't as 'into' the story as I was with UC2 and UC3. I was totally hooked/engaged on TLOU and TLOU2 though. It's about as top notch as you get for video game story telling, acting, production, etc IMO. Won't blame you for quitting UC but my God give TLOU another chance! :)

PostPosted: Sun February 20, 2022 12:18 am 

My youngest and I just played through Knights of the Roundtable on the Capcom Beat em Up Collection. He proceeded to scream Arthur shall be king for 15 mins afterwards. I’m not sure what that was all about but I’m glad it’s over.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 11:33 pm 

The rewind feature on the Switch online retro systems is totally cheating and I totally love it. I’m finally getting through a Ghost and Goblins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 115  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games