The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sat August 28, 2021 10:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Yeah it was fun

PostPosted: Sat August 28, 2021 11:40 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Downloaded GTA San Andreas on my PS4 today

PostPosted: Sun August 29, 2021 1:47 pm 
Champion of RM

Why didn't you wait for the remaster?

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 12:10 am 
AnalLog

I forgot how much f'ing fun God of War was. One of those very few games these days that I can't wait jump back into as soon as I shut it off.

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 1:02 am 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
I forgot how much f'ing fun God of War was. One of those very few games these days that I can't wait jump back into as soon as I shut it off.

It's an all-timer. Not sure what they can do with the sequel to make it substantially better.

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 1:08 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

It’s great quality but I found it hard to revisit for long. It feels like 300 the movie. Gotta be in the right barbaric mood for it. Maybe for a sequel they can shift to a more melodramatic tone. Slow it down.

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 2:17 am 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
It’s great quality but I found it hard to revisit for long. It feels like 300 the movie. Gotta be in the right barbaric mood for it. Maybe for a sequel they can shift to a more melodramatic tone. Slow it down.

I think we played a different game.

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 1:12 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

It's an all-timer. Not sure what they can do with the sequel to make it substantially better.

Yeah I'm genuinely curious to see how they plan to top it aside from what I assume will be the obvious PS5 visual upgrades and hopefully 60fps out of the gate. I was thinking it would be cool from a combat perspective to dual wield some of the weapons. A dual Leviathan Axe and Thor's Hammer would be pretty cool....

PS Showcase is next week (9 Sep), hoping to hear more about this one

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 5:23 am 
The Master

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Yeah I'm genuinely curious to see how they plan to top it aside from what I assume will be the obvious PS5 visual upgrades and hopefully 60fps out of the gate. I was thinking it would be cool from a combat perspective to dual wield some of the weapons. A dual Leviathan Axe and Thor's Hammer would be pretty cool....

Trying not to set my expectations too high, but an actual trailer seems reasonable for this event, right? I bet we see a "Director's Cut" for the Last of Us 2 with multiplayer too.

Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Fri September 03, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 1:07 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Trying not to set my expectations too high, but an actual trailer seems reasonable for this event, right? I bet we see a "Director's Cut" for the Last of Us 2 with multilayer too.

Yeah I'm actually holding off on another play through of TLOU2 because I'm assuming a proper PS5 announcement is imminent (a la Ghost of Tsushima). I think we'll see another gameplay or trailer for Horizon; I'm debating playing the first one again (I only got about halfway through the first) after GoW with the recent 4K/60fps patch out.

Would love to see/hear something about GoW but not getting hopes up--really not expecting to see this game till 2023 at this point. They still seem to be in the midst of hiring developers and designers, etc for the sequel.

I would also freaking love to see some kind of expanded Red Dead release for PS5, but I've pretty much lost all faith in Rockstar doing anything cool at this point.

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 5:51 pm 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Trying not to set my expectations too high, but an actual trailer seems reasonable for this event, right? I bet we see a "Director's Cut" for the Last of Us 2 with multilayer too.

Yeah I'm actually holding off on another play through of TLOU2 because I'm assuming a proper PS5 announcement is imminent (a la Ghost of Tsushima). I think we'll see another gameplay or trailer for Horizon; I'm debating playing the first one again (I only got about halfway through the first) after GoW with the recent 4K/60fps patch out.

Would love to see/hear something about GoW but not getting hopes up--really not expecting to see this game till 2023 at this point. They still seem to be in the midst of hiring developers and designers, etc for the sequel.

I would also freaking love to see some kind of expanded Red Dead release for PS5, but I've pretty much lost all faith in Rockstar doing anything cool at this point.

I expect lots of Horizon and Gran Turismo and another Director's Cut announcement - either TLoU2 or Days Gone or a package of both since they share a universe.

GoW2 was in development since before the PS5 was announced. If they aren't ready for a trailer yet, no way this becomes a Holiday 2022 release.

While I'd love a RDR2 announcement, all signs point to a GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas remaster set.

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 6:39 pm 
AnalLog

Right, totally forgot to mention I am interested in seeing the remasters for GTA3, Vice and Andreas. Sunk A LOT of (fun) hours into those games in my younger days

PostPosted: Fri September 03, 2021 7:28 pm 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
Right, totally forgot to mention I am interested in seeing the remasters for GTA3, Vice and Andreas. Sunk A LOT of (fun) hours into those games in my younger days

I typically don't buy remaster of games I already own, however, I never actually beat any of those 3 games.

PostPosted: Sat September 04, 2021 2:08 am 
AnalLog

GTA3 has a special place in my heart. Would definitely buy the remaster just to go through that game again.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 6:20 pm 
Rank This Poster

That nba 2k was a fantastic cheap buy for 4 bucks.. but now it seems all of the myteam stuff is done for n now it has me tempted to buy the new one for 60

PostPosted: Tue September 07, 2021 2:00 pm 
The Master

Horizon: Zero Dawn (with PS5 patch )
Hades

PostPosted: Wed September 08, 2021 1:58 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Horizon: Zero Dawn (with PS5 patch )
Hades

I can't get over how good this still looks 4 years later. What a visual showpiece.

PostPosted: Wed September 08, 2021 7:43 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Android port of Chrono Trigger currently. Enjoyable story, amazing soundtrack. JRPGs and turn based type games seem to translate well to the mobile gaming platform.

PostPosted: Wed September 08, 2021 10:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Hey Reid

PostPosted: Thu September 09, 2021 5:41 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

washing machine wrote:
Android port of Chrono Trigger currently. Enjoyable story, amazing soundtrack. JRPGs and turn based type games seem to translate well to the mobile gaming platform.

Top 5 games of all time. The story and soundtrack are stellar, but the gameplay is also superior to other JRPGS, with the combos between party members etc.

Not to mention the pixel art, which only FF6 comes anywhere close to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 115  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games