The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2023 5:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Welcome to "everything feels underwhelming after falling in love with FromSoft games."

Yeah, I guess that's part of it. I don't like how it's always telling me exactly what to do and if I don't figure it out right away it just tells me what I'm doing wrong. I feel like it's a cop-out; a way for them to make up for poor design. It feels like the game is just playing itself and I'm along for the ride most of the time. The game is made for people with ADHD, and I'd prefer something that treats me like a mature human person with a brain. But I don't exactly need another FromSoft game right now.

It's a narrative based game. There are going to be natural guardrails and forward momentum at times throughout the story. However, there are also several areas that really open up to let you explore, solve puzzles, and experiment.

I get that. I'm just saying that I prefer a much looser experience and those moments annoy and bore me.

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2023 7:04 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
I'm jumping into Mass Effect (the legendary edition). Even with the new polish, some of the gameplay (and especially the menus and such) feel dated, but I am still having fun so far.

I really didn't expect this to take me only 5 days to finish! I did most of the side quests, too, it's not like I rushed through it. Not keen to go right into ME2, but I did like the game on the whole.

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2023 10:29 pm 
Production Police

Finally started TLOU2. Loved the early awkwardness between Joel and Ellie; loved the snowball fight and horseback riding. Clearing the grocery store of zombies was fun and the climbing and crawling add an exciting new element.

I’ve heard this gets pretty dark. Given that it opens with Ellie having evolved to a moody teenager, and that it seems like the Fireflies want revenge on Joel, I have some ideas about where it’s generally headed, but we shall see.

PostPosted: Sat February 11, 2023 12:33 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I’m happy and excited for you to be on this journey not knowing what is going to happen

PostPosted: Sat February 11, 2023 2:44 pm 
AnalLog

tragabigzanda wrote:
Finally started TLOU2. Loved the early awkwardness between Joel and Ellie; loved the snowball fight and horseback riding. Clearing the grocery store of zombies was fun and the climbing and crawling add an exciting new element.

I’ve heard this gets pretty dark. Given that it opens with Ellie having evolved to a moody teenager, and that it seems like the Fireflies want revenge on Joel, I have some ideas about where it’s generally headed, but we shall see.

Getting dark is an understatement. Enjoy the ride! I still regret giving into spoilers pre-release in 2020. It's a hell of a sequel IMO

PostPosted: Sun February 12, 2023 12:34 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Welcome to "everything feels underwhelming after falling in love with FromSoft games."

Yeah, I guess that's part of it. I don't like how it's always telling me exactly what to do and if I don't figure it out right away it just tells me what I'm doing wrong. I feel like it's a cop-out; a way for them to make up for poor design. It feels like the game is just playing itself and I'm along for the ride most of the time. The game is made for people with ADHD, and I'd prefer something that treats me like a mature human person with a brain. But I don't exactly need another FromSoft game right now.

It's a narrative based game. There are going to be natural guardrails and forward momentum at times throughout the story. However, there are also several areas that really open up to let you explore, solve puzzles, and experiment.

I get that. I'm just saying that I prefer a much looser experience and those moments annoy and bore me.
ok I’m getting into this more now. Just needed to learn some moves and let the story sink its teeth in my a little more. Very exciting, captivating adventure. I’m enthusiastically buckled in

PostPosted: Sun February 12, 2023 12:52 pm 
Production Police

Revelator wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Getting dark is an understatement. Enjoy the ride! I still regret giving into spoilers pre-release in 2020. It's a hell of a sequel IMO

Well this game can go eff itself with a 9-iron

PostPosted: Sun February 12, 2023 3:40 pm 
AnalLog

tragabigzanda wrote:
Revelator wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Well this game can go eff itself with a 9-iron

Yeah....I felt the same way (I was legit pissed)....but keep playing! It'll be worth it.

PostPosted: Tue February 14, 2023 1:25 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:

ok I’m getting into this more now. Just needed to learn some moves and let the story sink its teeth in my a little more. Very exciting, captivating adventure. I’m enthusiastically buckled in
got another 5 hours in yesterday and am pretty blown away by the storytelling, writing and acting. And it’s so beautiful to look at.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2023 3:17 am 
Rank This Poster

Atomic heart

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2023 4:51 am 
The Master

Sifu

Also, caved and bought Last of Us Part One on discount. Pretty excited to play through the remake while the show wraps up.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 12:52 am 
Champion of RM

Just wrapped up Shigero Miyamoto's most forgotten masterpiece, Mole Mania. A great entry in the near extinct action-puzzle genre.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 3:08 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Just wrapped up Shigero Miyamoto's most forgotten masterpiece, Mole Mania. A great entry in the near extinct action-puzzle genre.

That's a deep cut. I love eclectic gaming choices.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 3:41 pm 
The Master

Playing through Metroid Prime Remastered and Last of Us Part One. Doubt I will play better 1-2 punch of games this year. I hope that's not the case, but these are all-timers for me.

Resident Evil 4 Remake and Tears of the Kingdom have a chance!

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 9:23 pm 
AnalLog

On the final boss for Hi Fi Rush. What a great surprise this game has been.

Going to give Atomic Heart a shot after that.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2023 5:40 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

That's a deep cut. I love eclectic gaming choices.

I'm playing another "eclectic" game - Mister Mosquito. This is the type of game that rarely got localized to the US.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2023 4:08 am 
Rank This Poster

Chained Echoes

PostPosted: Sat March 04, 2023 6:27 pm 
AnalLog

Atomic Heart is interesting. Gorgeous game and I’m enjoying it so far, but controls are a little wonky. Also, the game is horny as hell.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 2:46 pm 
The Master

Played the Resident Evil 4 Remake Chainsaw Demo. That opening was much more impactful back in 2004. Still excited to play more, but slightly let down by how it didn't hold up.

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2023 1:00 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Played the Resident Evil 4 Remake Chainsaw Demo. That opening was much more impactful back in 2004. Still excited to play more, but slightly let down by how it didn't hold up.

Nice, I'm planning to check this out over the weekend. Pretty sure this remake will be a day one purchase for me. Admittedly I never got far with the original RE4 because the controls were so awful. Are the controls modernized like the RE2 remake (which was excellent)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 115  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games