Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Fri September 21, 2018 8:45 am

How does one poop dynamically? Here I am pooping statically like a chump.

Fri September 21, 2018 2:38 pm

I’m a little worried this might be TOO detailed. Like to the point where I’ll feel overwhelmed and lose interest

Fri September 21, 2018 3:41 pm

i have the same fear. Hopefully the core gameplay is simple enough that you can just play and have fun without getting lost in the weeds.

:shake:

Fri September 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Inventory systems suck ass and games need to figure out a new concept

Fri September 21, 2018 5:12 pm

I like the idea that you can only carry enough weapons an actual human can carry. Your horse carries the rest, but once again, is limited by the amount you could reasonably fit on a horse. The horse carries your inventory of pelts and other gizmos/gadgets as well.

Fri September 21, 2018 5:27 pm

I don't mind inventory systems. Some people hate 'em but it's an element of a game that I don't focus on. I for sure don't focus on it to the point that I can say I hate it or love it.

Fri September 21, 2018 5:51 pm

A game better be damn good if it's going to throw tedious inventory management into the mix.

Fri September 21, 2018 5:55 pm

I don't think it will be be tedious.

Fri September 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I don't think it will be be tedious.

The Witcher 3's inventory system was kind of a pain, but the game was so damn good you didn't really mind. Though i wonder where Geralt managed to store 76 rusty swords. Fallout 4's needed to be scaled back some. Way to much scrapping moving around and scrapping for base components for crafting.

Fri September 21, 2018 6:16 pm

If I have to craft in a game, that game probably isn’t very good

Fri September 21, 2018 6:22 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:If I have to craft in a game, that game probably isn’t very good

What if things are crafted automatically once you get the parts?

Fri September 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:If I have to craft in a game, that game probably isn’t very good

The amount of time I want to spend in a game collecting parts is precisely zero hours

Fri September 21, 2018 7:32 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

The amount of time I want to spend in a game collecting parts is precisely zero hours

What about collectibles in general?

Fri September 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Collecting, fetching, whatever - all that shit needs to be done away with, IMO. It’s a nerdy, empty holdover from old games that we should progress beyond.

Fri September 21, 2018 7:36 pm

i agree unless collecting means something.. it needs to be more rewarding.. mario odyssey is losing its replay value for this reason.. i don't care about outfits

Fri September 21, 2018 8:13 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Collecting, fetching, whatever - all that shit needs to be done away with, IMO. It’s a nerdy, empty holdover from old games that we should progress beyond.

For me it depends on the game and what the collectibles mean. Sometimes, they can be cool little easter eggs or side stories. Donkey Kong 64 type collectible can go straight to hell.

Sat September 22, 2018 1:23 am

Excited to loot tons of items and craft crazy ass guns.

Sat September 22, 2018 1:59 am

The thought did cross my mind about needing to eat, sleep, build stamina, etc. Seems to hearken back to the days of GTA San Andres, where those kinds of activities were also (kind of) required. It got boring quick. Hopefully not the case in RDR2. The horses dying permanently sounds daunting as well, especially if you just want to wreak havoc during a session instead of play the narrative. Game still looks fucking amazing though

Wed September 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Just found out this has weapon degradation and I think I’m out

Also the install size is 105GB

Wed September 26, 2018 7:36 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Just found out this has weapon degradation and I think I’m out

Also the install size is 105GB

I think you should give it a shot.
Post a reply