Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Wed December 05, 2018 7:04 pm

I checked my progress and I am in Chapter 6, even though I never got a notice saying chapter 5 ended. I’m slowing down and doing all the side stuff now.

This is the best game I’ve ever played.

Wed December 05, 2018 7:33 pm

scrub12 wrote:I checked my progress and I am in Chapter 6, even though I never got a notice saying chapter 5 ended. I’m slowing down and doing all the side stuff now.

This is the best game I’ve ever played.

I'm about mid way through Chapter 3 so a ways to go, but have a lot of time off coming up over the holidays and I intend to play the shit out of this game. It's been YEARS since I thought about a game so much when not playing....and that's the sign of a true classic.

I was hoping to focus mainly on story missions and do the stranger/challenges/side quests later, but I read something the other day (while trying to avoid spoilers) to try and do all those quests while also chipping away at the story. Hopefully not a precursor for how I think this game might end being a prequel and all.

On that note, hands down, Arthur > John as a character (though I realize I'm less than halfway through the story). At my age I'm typically bored by video game cut scenes these days but this is the first game since The Last Of Us (and the first RDR) where I look forward to them. Little bugs and lags aside, Rockstar truly knocked this fucker out of the park. I have to agree, could be the best (if not a top 3 contender) for best game I've ever played.

Wed December 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Arthur is a really compelling and nuanced character, yes. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds. There is an underlining tension that is only building.

Wed December 05, 2018 7:49 pm

When i finished the game I actually sat there and watched the credits. all 20+ minutes of them. There are some touching scenes peppered in there so stick it out when you gents get there.

Wed December 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Also, if you haven’t, visit the couple at the Aberdeen Pig Farm. Just go up to the house. Hilarious.

Sat December 08, 2018 3:51 pm

I’m not terribly fond of online so far. Griefing is annoying, and I’ve attempted 5 side missions and 4 out of 5 of them glitched out. So basically I’m left doing the handful of main missions or just getting in fights with random players to get XP....that probably explains the griefing. I might just put this down until they get out of beta, seems to be some real serious defects here.

Sat December 08, 2018 4:52 pm

A few more gripes, whenever I get one of those aforementioned side mission glitches, the only fix is to switch to a different server, and for some reason when I do they all my cores (including my horse) drop to around 25% even if they were full. And the NPC who manages my camp randomly moves it across the map for now damn reason. Fuck this game is damn near unplayable in its current state. Think I might put it down for a few weeks and see if they can resolve some of these game breaking bugs.

Sat December 08, 2018 4:56 pm

mf wrote:A few more gripes, whenever I get one of those aforementioned side mission glitches, the only fix is to switch to a different server, and for some reason when I do they all my cores (including my horse) drop to around 25% even if they were full. And the NPC who manages my camp randomly moves it across the map for now damn reason. Fuck this game is damn near unplayable in its current state. Think I might put it down for a few weeks and see if they can resolve some of these game breaking bugs.

If it is anything like GTA V Online they will fix these issues relatively quickly.

Sun December 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Mon December 10, 2018 6:35 am

Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:There is a character named Lenny in this game.

Let me guess: horse fucker?

Not tall enough.

Shetland pony.

Mon December 10, 2018 3:00 pm

I legitimately love this game. Other than Breath of the Wild it is the best open world game I've ever played.

Mon December 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I legitimately love this game. Other than Breath of the Wild it is the best open world game I've ever played.

I can't speak for Breath of the Wild, but like you I am more and more enamored with this game every time I play it. I'm pretty much purposely drawing it out now because I don't want the story to end. I really can't wait for the soundtrack to come out, too.

Definitely goes down as the most mature game I've every played, and not because of graphic subject matter, but because it plays out like a huge, critically-acclaimed western world novel. Like a homage to the old west rather than a stereotype-laden cowboy simulator.

Tue December 11, 2018 4:03 am

Revelator wrote: Definitely goes down as the most mature game I've every played, and not because of graphic subject matter, but because it plays out like a huge, critically-acclaimed western world novel. Like a homage to the old west rather than a stereotype-laden cowboy simulator.

Wow, I hope this is true. I still haven't played this but the thought of it being something like Lonesome Dove: The Game just makes me want to even more.

Tue December 11, 2018 4:38 am

Orpheus wrote:
Revelator wrote: Definitely goes down as the most mature game I've every played, and not because of graphic subject matter, but because it plays out like a huge, critically-acclaimed western world novel. Like a homage to the old west rather than a stereotype-laden cowboy simulator.

Wow, I hope this is true. I still haven't played this but the thought of it being something like Lonesome Dove: The Game just makes me want to even more.

It absolutely plays like a western novel.

Fri December 14, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm jamming in all these side missions because I don't want the game to end, but I know I'm nearing the end of Chapter 6.

Fri December 14, 2018 5:50 pm

scrub12 wrote:I'm jamming in all these side missions because I don't want the game to end, but I know I'm nearing the end of Chapter 6.

I think the epilogues are quite lengthy, at least, according to my friend.

Same though. Started the gunslinger missions last night.

Sat December 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Well... I just finished the story and my eyes aren't dry for sure... First time a game has dun that to em. Third round steal? Best game of all time.

Sat December 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Sitting through the credits... Listening to the music and watching baby boy play in his stand up contraption.. glanced up and saw Fred armisen is in this.. he played the cabaret mc

Sun December 16, 2018 5:01 pm

100 percentaged the story and now there's almost nothing to do so I'm starting a new game and gonna do all the side stuff while it's available this time.

Sun December 16, 2018 5:51 pm

tree_ wrote:Well... I just finished the story and my eyes aren't dry for sure... First time a game has dun that to em. Third round steal? Best game of all time.

Yeah that really won you the tournament, huh?
Post a reply