The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 7:50 pm 
In The Troll Box

My husband won't stop playing this game. I'm getting kinda tired of it, to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 7:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What would you prefer that he spent time on?

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 9:30 pm 
AnalLog

I can sympathize with the amount of time you have to invest in the game to get anywhere since I only ever seem to have time to play on weekends, BUT wholeheartedly agree that traversing across the map, taking in the (excuse the cliche) jaw dropping visuals and endless amount of 'random' interactions, is one of the best parts of the game. Last night I went from Saint Denis to the upper end of the map in the Grizzlies West to finish off a dual and it took FOREVER for me to get there cause of all the (welcome) distractions along the way. Was also really cool to see the gradual transition from hazy 80 degree swamp area to the 7 degree snowstorm of the mountains.

Think I've already said it but I would have hated this game 10 years ago. This truly is a game that seems to be geared at an older audience (though I'm aware that there are several folks older than me on here that are not enjoying this game...and that's ok). I actually enjoy reading people's reactions across the web too, both positive and negative. Near the end of chapter 4 myself, I think. Been doing a lot of stranger missions though.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2019 10:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

Anders wrote:
What would you prefer that he spent time on?

I guess like any sort of action or story.. I agree the visuals are cool n all but honestly when I'm riding I'm more looking at the map with the yellow line than my surroundings

It's all good, It's just very time consuming n I'm all over the place so it's tough

PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2019 6:14 am 
The Master

Finally finished the Epilogues. What an experience.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 2:16 am 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Finally finished the Epilogues. What an experience.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm heading into Chapter 6. Really not looking forward to this ending, already positive I have an excuse to reply because I'm pretty sure I missed out on a number of time sensitive side missions.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 2:17 am 
The Master

still haven't started this

PostPosted: Thu January 31, 2019 7:13 pm 
The Beef

How the SHIT are you supposed to tame horses in this godforsaken game? I tried about 10 times with that white Arabian near Lake Isabella. There doesn't seem to be any helpful feedback - I can't tell which way it's bucking until it's too late. Massive downer. Though the trip there was awesome.

PostPosted: Thu January 31, 2019 7:25 pm 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
How the SHIT are you supposed to tame horses in this godforsaken game? I tried about 10 times with that white Arabian near Lake Isabella. There doesn't seem to be any helpful feedback - I can't tell which way it's bucking until it's too late. Massive downer. Though the trip there was awesome.

Not sure. I know you have the opportunity to buy one about halfway through the game.

PostPosted: Thu January 31, 2019 7:31 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

Not sure. I know you have the opportunity to buy one about halfway through the game.

Luck i guess? i managed to tame that white Arabian on my 2nd attempt. But you're right that mechanic isn't exactly intuitive. Just do what M_D says and buy one when you get the chance. The game gives you more money that you can realistically spend anyways. Plus the white one really shows the dirt :lol:

PostPosted: Thu January 31, 2019 7:34 pm 
The Master

I'm about four hours into Assasin's Creed Odyssey and it is making me appreciate this game even more.

PostPosted: Fri February 01, 2019 2:13 am 
AnalLog

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

Luck i guess? i managed to tame that white Arabian on my 2nd attempt. But you're right that mechanic isn't exactly intuitive. Just do what M_D says and buy one when you get the chance. The game gives you more money that you can realistically spend anyways. Plus the white one really shows the dirt :lol:

Same here, got it on my second attempt and I'm definitely no expert gamer. And agree the trip from Horseshoe back into the mountains for the first time (while not being guided by the game) was fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Fri February 01, 2019 2:48 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I'm waiting for the GOY edition when it goes under $20 sometime in 2021.

PostPosted: Thu February 07, 2019 3:41 pm 
The Beef

I discovered my perfect pace for this game now. I check the map, sort of vaguely pick the next mission I'd like to get around to, then I just put my compass on and make my way in what I think is the right direction, allowing myself to be distracted by whatever seems interesting on the way. Early on I was rushing from mission to mission, then I went the opposite direction and was avoiding them. This is the perfect mix for me. Probably get 1 or 2 missions done in a 2-4 hour session.

PostPosted: Sat February 16, 2019 8:40 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Price starting to dip a bit--$44.99 on PSN right now, a few dollars less if you have PS+

PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2019 3:37 pm 
The Master

Started the Online mode last night. I feel at home in this world again.

PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2019 3:57 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:

how is the online now? i'm debating jumping back in to see if they've fixed the bugs that were breaking the experience for me.

PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2019 4:09 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

how is the online now? i'm debating jumping back in to see if they've fixed the bugs that were breaking the experience for me.

I didn't play anything other than the tutorial before, so I'm not sure. I know they've added several modes and adding griefing countermeasures.

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 1:57 am 
AnalLog

Yeah I read a pretty significant update was pushed out yesterday, but I'm still having too much fun in the story mode. Arthur's by far one of the best video game protagonists I've seen.

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 2:43 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

I finished my 2nd play through yesterday and god damn if i wasn't almost compelled to go for a third :oops: . Seriously one of the best made video games of all time IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games