Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Games on your smartphone

Mon April 30, 2018 4:42 pm

What are you playing? Discuss here

Re: Games on your smartphone

Mon April 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I don't think I've played a mobile game since Mario Run. Most are trash.

Mon April 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Dumb Ways - Got tired of this real fast.
Mario Run - Takes up too much data; never play it.
Hot Hands - Downloaded it while the wife was enjoying Ellen's gameshow. It's OK.
Rolling Sky - Infuriating. Never playing it again unless I feel like torturing myself.
Retro Shooting - 100%'d it before the newest update, which ruined the game for me.
Scrabble - Way too many ads. Should delete it.
Real Chess - Too smart for me; bad for self-esteem.

... and a bunch of word puzzle games that are OK.

Mon April 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I don't think I've played a mobile game since Mario Run. Most are trash.

Mario Run is the only video game style game I’ve played on my phone. Other than that I’ve played a bunch of the “Angry Birds” games and a digital version of the board game “Ticket to Ride”.

Mon April 30, 2018 5:04 pm

I liked Mario Run for awhile but stopped playing it when it just got too repetitive. The mini-levels they introduced are fun at times but then you get one that ruins the 'flow' of the game and you just lose the point.

Played Magikarp for awhile but I think I played it too much because it was over in like a month. And I don't just mean 'beating' the game, but the game itself: There were a few updates and then suddenly they said that this was the last one and that was it. No reason to keep playing the game other than to 100% everything and so I foolishly did that and then it was done.

Playing Animal Crossing right now. I honestly don't know why...I keep being like "this is it!" but then they put an update in and I keep going.

Other than those 'named' games I only really play solitaire. I pull Jetpack Joyride from mothballs every now and then but it's rare.

I used to play Angry Birds a lot but fell off after the SW games because they added so much "pay to win" and the figures you had to buy for bonuses. I saw an ad for the new cartoon in front of Avengers this weekend and thought, "Wow, Angry Birds is still a thing?"

Mon April 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Mon April 30, 2018 6:05 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:2048

yeah, that and 1010 are fun

Mon April 30, 2018 6:05 pm

I replayed Where's My Water last week.

Mon April 30, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm just so turned off by the microtransactions and pay to win model of mobile games.

Mon April 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Yup. Got a $20 Asphalt 8 'upgrade' coupon with my Chromebook so I figured I'd try it out. There are so many loot boxes in it that I didn't even get to the game proper. So dumb.

Mon April 30, 2018 6:44 pm

scrabble right now

Mon April 30, 2018 7:58 pm

The Witness

Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Eternium

Hearthstone

Various N64 games with MegaN64.

Fri May 04, 2018 7:06 am

What classes do you play in Hearthstone?

Fri May 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Warlock or Priest.

"Life Trap" FTW!

Fri May 04, 2018 7:05 pm

tetris

Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 pm

You can play Tetris on a touch screen? I haven't found a version yet that feels like it works.

Fri May 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Lenny has a flip phone

Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Lenny has a flip phone

i'll flip your face

Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Post a reply