Switch to full style
A better alternative to going outside
Post a reply

Re: (VG) Best FPS

Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) was surprisingly great.

This game was incredible once you got past those shitty crypt levels near the start. The Uber Soldat stuff was fantastic.

Re: Best FPS

Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm

They make me motion sick generally, but sometimes I can play them.

Speaking of that, did anyone else get violently ill playing Half Life 2? I thought it was just me but apparently other people have had the same problem. The field of view is fucked up on it and it really messes with some people's heads.

Thu May 03, 2018 5:38 am

Those F.E.A.R. games had surprisingly good firefights. Probably the best use of the slo-mo mechanic I've ever seen in a game. At real time they felt like real life gun fights, over in a few seconds.

Thu May 03, 2018 5:58 am

My favorite is easily Goldeneye, which I loved and played religiously for years, but for the most part I haven’t played FPS’s since. I remember picking up Rainbow Six awhile after the Bond craze died down, and I couldn’t figure out shit. I don’t even know if I ever got out of the opening sequence. It was then and there that I realized those weren’t going to be my kind of games. :lol: I haven’t played many since. Still love Bond.

Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Never really got into them much after the Wolfenstein and Doom days, though I tried my hand at Quake and Hexen.

I was really into multiplayer Counter Strike in the early aughts though.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 am

This was my jam till around Half Life 2, then my interest tapered off - Halo's singleplayer has always been shit, and COD is only interesting to me when I'm in a room playing with buddies.

That said, the new Doom is awesome, both Half Lifes were revelations when I played them, and Quake 2 dominated a year of my life.

Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Halo 1 co-op was definitely the shit. One of my fondest gaming memories is driving the Warthog through the final stage with my little bro on the back gunning down aliens. He essentially did fuck all, but he was there, and that's what's important.
Post a reply