Post a reply

Re: God of War (PS4)

Mon April 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:Everything is so polished. Still, my one and only complaint is how there are only 3 speeds at which to move: Slow walk, light jog, full speed run.

That's pretty common in third person games such as this. I like how he runs with some weight.

Is there a reason for this? Why not have more options? I really would love to be able to move at a slightly faster walk speed.

Probably combat/balancing reasons.

Makes sense, kinda. But I wonder why they couldn't just switch it around depending on whether or not you're in combat mode.

Would get tricky with animations and such. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, just not worth the resources and time to do it.

I don't know... just seems like it would be one of the lesser complicated things to execute. The Last of Us does this well.

Mon April 23, 2018 5:24 pm

tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:Everything is so polished. Still, my one and only complaint is how there are only 3 speeds at which to move: Slow walk, light jog, full speed run.

That's pretty common in third person games such as this. I like how he runs with some weight.

Is there a reason for this? Why not have more options? I really would love to be able to move at a slightly faster walk speed.

Makes sense, kinda. But I wonder why they couldn't just switch it around depending on whether or not you're in combat mode.

Would get tricky with animations and such. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, just not worth the resources and time to do it.

I don't know... just seems like it would be one of the lesser complicated things to execute. The Last of Us does this well.

Depends on the rendering/engine technology they are using. Pretty minor gripe.

Mon April 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Depends on the rendering/engine technology they are using. Pretty minor gripe.

Very very minor. It just bugs me that they couldn't have done this one minor thing to make the game closer to perfect.

Mon April 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeah this fucker sounds like he weighs 400lbs when he walks. Also love how heavy the axe feels, especially when you summon it back. Fucking awesome.

Mon April 23, 2018 10:39 pm

This must be the greatest game of all time according to the internet

Mon April 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Revelator wrote:Yeah this fucker sounds like he weighs 400lbs when he walks. Also love how heavy the axe feels, especially when you summon it back. Fucking awesome.

Good rumble pack effect too

Delving in again now

So pumped uh

Tue April 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Love the combat. Very visceral. Good story. Music and the voice acting is well done. The sound is just awesome. The UI is clean and unobtrusive. The kid element is handled so well. I don't want the game to end.

Tue April 24, 2018 11:15 pm

I think I'm going to complete the main story tonight. I hope not :(

Wed April 25, 2018 12:32 am

Really?!

I'm terrible at video games. This'll probably occupy me for a good month. :oops:

Wed April 25, 2018 12:46 am

Yeah this game is very misleading at times though I think.. I'm probably not as close as I think

Wed April 25, 2018 1:04 am

I'm a still a level 4 axe.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:17 am

I'm definitely not as close as I thought

Wed April 25, 2018 1:20 am

I have a friend who finished on Sunday. He...really likes videogames.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:25 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I have a friend who finished on Sunday. He...really likes videogames.

And apparently does nothing else. This game will last me through the end of May probably.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:26 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:I have a friend who finished on Sunday. He...really likes videogames.

And apparently does nothing else. This game will last me through the end of May probably.

He said the campaign took about 15 hours, which sounds relatively short.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:33 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

He said the campaign took about 15 hours, which sounds relatively short.

He missed have skipped all the side stuff. Most reviews say it is anywhere from 25-50 hours to play the majority of the game.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:35 am

Yeah I still am trying to tune my combat skills. Even if I do beat the main story soon, I'll be playing a long time trying to master all the sweet moves.

Wed April 25, 2018 1:38 am

tree_ wrote:Yeah I still am trying to tune my combat skills. Even if I do beat the main story soon, I'll be playing a long time trying to master all the sweet moves.

I don't even have many unlocked but I keep forgetting moves. I like the triple smash L1+R2 special move.

Wed April 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:Yeah I still am trying to tune my combat skills. Even if I do beat the main story soon, I'll be playing a long time trying to master all the sweet moves.

I don't even have many unlocked but I keep forgetting moves. I like the triple smash L1+R2 special move.

It's so hard to remember them all when involved in intense combat. There's one where you can lock on to enemies before throwing your axe I am just now beginning to remember to use. Very useful. I think I will just focus on using one move at a time over and over until I can remember it.

Wed April 25, 2018 4:01 pm

tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's so hard to remember them all when involved in intense combat. There's one where you can lock on to enemies before throwing your axe I am just now beginning to remember to use. Very useful. I think I will just focus on using one move at a time over and over until I can remember it.

Sometimes I just smash buttons and then think "how the hell did I just do that." I hate the witches. I need to remember to block.
Post a reply