The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
Totally, focker.

Since the main story is complete, I'm working on tying up loose ends and killing lingering enemies (some of which are beyond Bloodborne-level difficult) and I think I'm going to have to restart the story again real soon cause this isn't nearly as much fun and I miss it already. I think I'll try it on a higher difficulty this time, as last time I completed it on second to easiest.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Totally, focker.

Since the main story is complete, I'm working on tying up loose ends and killing lingering enemies (some of which are beyond Bloodborne-level difficult) and I think I'm going to have to restart the story again real soon cause this isn't nearly as much fun and I miss it already. I think I'll try it on a higher difficulty this time, as last time I completed it on second to easiest.


I'm trying to do as much side stuff as I can right now (ex. I've freed two dragons already) to avoid this. Just enjoying the ride.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
I just started a new game on hardest difficulty and HUD set to minimal. We will see how far I can go...

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
I just started a new game on hardest difficulty and HUD set to minimal. We will see how far I can go...


You can do it! Do you have recollect everything or do you keep your equipment/stats?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I just started a new game on hardest difficulty and HUD set to minimal. We will see how far I can go...


You can do it! Do you have recollect everything or do you keep your equipment/stats?

There's no plus mode I know of... So completely starting over.. I already changed the HUD back to normal cause it sucks not seeing health bars... Already died twice on first enemies :oops:

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
Nope not doing this. Second hardest will have to do.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
I think I'm tired of this now. I might trade it in while the value is high.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
Finished the main story. On to the side stuff!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2301
What are these side quests everybody speaks of?? Am I just not that far along to get them??


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
i got bugs wrote:
What are these side quests everybody speaks of?? Am I just not that far along to get them??

Valkaries, dragons, favors for spirits and dwarves, finding collectibles and powerups.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9814
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
I bought this this morning.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36466
Everyone I know who has played this has said it’s boring AF and I’m inclined to believe them. My brother said it’s worse than ME: Andromeda lol

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Everyone I know who has played this has said it’s boring AF and I’m inclined to believe them. My brother said it’s worse than ME: Andromeda lol


You need new friends.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36466
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Everyone I know who has played this has said it’s boring AF and I’m inclined to believe them. My brother said it’s worse than ME: Andromeda lol


You need new friends.

I have a feeling I would find it boring too

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Everyone I know who has played this has said it’s boring AF and I’m inclined to believe them. My brother said it’s worse than ME: Andromeda lol


You need new friends.

I have a feeling I would find it boring too

Definitely not boring

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Everyone I know who has played this has said it’s boring AF and I’m inclined to believe them. My brother said it’s worse than ME: Andromeda lol


You need new friends.

I have a feeling I would find it boring too


Perhaps so. I find it be an extremely well made video game with a pretty compelling story and game mechanics. The only "boring" part is the lack of variety in enemy types.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Posts: 1793
Absolutely not even in the same galaxy as ME: Andromeda. That's something you say to get a rise out of people or to just troll folks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2301
tree_ wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
What are these side quests everybody speaks of?? Am I just not that far along to get them??

Valkaries, dragons, favors for spirits and dwarves, finding collectibles and powerups.


I did one for the dwarf.. just fought my first dragon and have t reached the valks so I guess that's why I don't see many


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14247
Location: Mizzou
Got the platinum tonight. That final Valkyrie was toooouuuugggghhh. Reminded me of a Bloodborne boss.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: God of War (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6480
Location: the lake
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Got the platinum tonight. That final Valkyrie was toooouuuugggghhh. Reminded me of a Bloodborne boss.

Good job, MD. I had to put it on easy cause I got too frustrated and didn't want to spend that much time figuring them all out.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed August 15, 2018 9:47 am